R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree39Likes

Old 11-01-2015, 08:48 AM   #9091
Tech Adept

The removable ESC plate on the 2016 is huge. 40x40mm of free space, I'm able to fit an Orca VX3 plus capacitors plate on that space.

Edit. : you're right Bent, I've read the thread too fast, couldn't remove the whole post.

Last edited by mojo tom; 11-01-2015 at 10:11 AM.
mojo tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #9092
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo tom View Post
The removable ESC plate on the 2016 is huge. 40x40mm of free space, I'm able to fit an Orca VX3 plus capacitors plate on that space.
'16 car is shorty only.

He want's to run saddles for a 6S setup

And with saddles you limit the space a lot since the motor is facing forward.

So the servo and ESC will have to go on the same side in the front.

Bent
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:50 PM   #9093
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
On what surface and with which chassis ?

This is what we ran at the EUROS on medium grip clay and her XB4 was awesome.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...setup=xb4_2015

2mm stock chassis with carbon stiffeners for the chassis braces and only the front steering brace (no top decks or 361173).

Bent
The 'one dot' front springs. Are they due to be released soon?
Powered by Nosram motors and FX engines.
Many thanks to HEI and Perth RC for their support over the years.
Boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:21 PM   #9094
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
LOL :P
Ok, so what is the space in mm's on the esc space?

I need around 58mm X 40mm X 38mm. Does it have that space?

A normal 1/10 ESc is 39mm x 31mm x 19mm

Not worried about motor or baterys, just worried about ESC Space. Any help?
I don't know why other experienced racers are encouraging you to put a 6 cell
lipo in your xb4 ,the motor that fits in the xb4 will not handle 6 cells !
you'll end up frying the motor
heres some good advice if you want to run 6 cells buy an 1/8 electric buggy
X-ray make an excellent buggy for what you want to do .
Old 11-01-2015, 11:03 PM   #9095
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPR 1 View Post
We're not encouraging putting a 6S system in the XB4, we're simply responding to his questions on how to do it.

He clearly states himself that he's not using it for regular track use but rather some sort of speed runs.

Will it hold up ? I have no idea

Bent
Old 11-01-2015, 11:28 PM   #9096
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
The 'one dot' front springs. Are they due to be released soon?
To be honest I'm not entirely sure.

Maybe with the release of the XB2 as we use them there quite a lot.

You can cut down a set of rear 1dot springs to length though.
This will get you close to the 1 dot front springs (will be a touch harder).

That's what we did in testing before we had the 1 dot springs made

Bent
Old 11-02-2015, 02:14 AM   #9097
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPR 1 View Post
I am used to challenges in the RC department!

I have 1/8's for that. I just want now a 1/10 for speed runs... i have a B44.1 with those oldschool retarded "brushed" power ball diff's, so i will keept it 2s like it should with a 5.5T for small bashing sessions, but like i said i want a 1/10 buggy for speed!

There are motors of 36mm diameter can's for 6s use. And there are no sadlle pack sizes lipos for 6s but i can make my own out of other lipos, no problem in there. Problem i see is the avaiable fisically space for a 1/8 scale ESC.

Look at my Kyosho 1/8 for speeds on 6s...
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Or my 1/14 Losi Mini8 for speeds on 4s....
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Or my 1/16 Kyosho Mini Inferno on 4s ....
+ YouTube Video

-Those MiniRc's in 4s? , yep and i got them for years without breaking anything major!

Look at those 36mm 4pole diameter 6s motor capable...

-That 13.5T seens to handle 27volts, so for 6s it's good!

And yes this is not for racing or jumpin...
Just speed runs where-ever i can and this XB4 have metal geared diff's so why not?

By the way i still got a 1/8 scale Xray to, this one for bashing not X speed's!! :P

+ YouTube Video

-Me driving on a track? Yikes...i am to "dumb" for track racing... i just drive straight! It's my thing, and no i do not like drag racing! lol

So in the end, a 1/8 ESC will fit but fan need to be removed, right? There ins't anyone yet that said the space in the esc space in mm's for me to start thinking about getting a XB4 roller??

Last edited by targetingxmod; 11-02-2015 at 02:44 AM.
targetingxmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:02 PM   #9098
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
I am used to challenges in the RC department!

I have 1/8's for that. I just want now a 1/10 for speed runs... i have a B44.1 with those oldschool retarded "brushed" power ball diff's, so i will keept it 2s like it should with a 5.5T for small bashing sessions, but like i said i want a 1/10 buggy for speed!

There are motors of 36mm diameter can's for 6s use. And there are no sadlle pack sizes lipos for 6s but i can make my own out of other lipos, no problem in there. Problem i see is the avaiable fisically space for a 1/8 scale ESC.

So in the end, a 1/8 ESC will fit but fan need to be removed, right? There ins't anyone yet that said the space in the esc space in mm's for me to start thinking about getting a XB4 roller??
I don't think anyone is answering you because there in shock as to why you would buy an xb4 do speed tests with, the xb4 is a race car and one thats at the top off the 4wd off road chain but anyway its your money. The only 1/8 scale esc that will fit the xb4 is the orion r10 pro 180amp. Google the dimensions of the orion and use that as a guide, any esc with that foot print will fit the X-ray, also i don't think anyone has provided you with measurements is cause there are so many ways to mount your esc and receiver. If you think the internals of the X-ray are going to handle 6s your dreaming the car is designed for 2s, 4s would be pushing it
Old 11-02-2015, 05:34 PM   #9099
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
LOL :P
Ok, so what is the space in mm's on the esc space?

I need around 58mm X 40mm X 38mm. Does it have that space?

A normal 1/10 ESc is 39mm x 31mm x 19mm

Not worried about motor or baterys, just worried about ESC Space. Any help?

You should take a look at the Toro TS 150 pro comp at CRP Plus. Rick is the owner and is a great fella whom will answer all your questions. He ships fast as well.
Back to the TS 150 pro comp: It handles up 6s easy and has a nice warantee and I am almost positive it fits your specs above 58mm X 40mm X 38mm.

I think it's 38mm in height with Fan and 41mm X 58mm
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:42 PM   #9100
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I never ran my 15 with the molded composite 1 piece diff pin as I installed the aluminum diffs pins right from the start. Anyhow wondering if I should drop the extre 30 bucks and buy 3 sets of the aluminum diffs pins for the 16 XB4 or if I should just stick with the one piece composite diff pin.
Nice hearing the 16 comes with the harder graphite 2 + 4 gears as the are silky smooth and ninja silent.

What thoughts does anyone have on a good all around shock piston size front and back.

Thank you
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:28 PM   #9101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
I never ran my 15 with the molded composite 1 piece diff pin as I installed the aluminum diffs pins right from the start. Anyhow wondering if I should drop the extre 30 bucks and buy 3 sets of the aluminum diffs pins for the 16 XB4 or if I should just stick with the one piece composite diff pin.
Nice hearing the 16 comes with the harder graphite 2 + 4 gears as the are silky smooth and ninja silent.

What thoughts does anyone have on a good all around shock piston size front and back.

Thank you
I think you will be fine with the composite pins. the aluminum ones are probably more nice to have.

Shock pistons. I have found the front 1.6x2 to be pretty much standard and in the rear, depeding on the traction level I have been running either the 1.6/1.1 x 4 or the 1.5/1.1 x 4 pistons. Schelleracing.com has them

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:19 AM   #9102
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV427 View Post
I don't think anyone is answering you because there in shock as to why you would buy an xb4 do speed tests with, the xb4 is a race car and one thats at the top off the 4wd off road chain but anyway its your money. The only 1/8 scale esc that will fit the xb4 is the orion r10 pro 180amp. Google the dimensions of the orion and use that as a guide, any esc with that foot print will fit the X-ray, also i don't think anyone has provided you with measurements is cause there are so many ways to mount your esc and receiver. If you think the internals of the X-ray are going to handle 6s your dreaming the car is designed for 2s, 4s would be pushing it
The only way for this is mount the receiver on top of top deck or on the top of the servo!
If say a Orion R10 or Orion R8? Cause R10 is 1/10 scale esc's... the only Orion i know for 1/8 is the R8 but it's a 4s only! Not 6S. The 6s version is the 220A callen R8 ProX.
http://www.teamorion.com/category-1/...en/1-8-en.html

Maybe you are saying the 4s version of R8's fit on the XB4. Ok. I will take those mm's into consideration. Thanks!
Length 53.5mm Width: 38mm Height:34mm Weight:146g

And of course it needs to be a top of the line RC...in a roller for around less then 150euros. That's how i buy my rc's
Old 11-03-2015, 05:03 AM   #9103
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
For a '13 or '14 car running saddle packs you will just barely have the space needed for a RX8 or similar size ESC even when using a LP servo.

With a Futaba LP servo that I have here you will have 2-3 mm to spare…..but it will fit

As for the height you will have to run it without the fan and cut away the cage for the fan as well.

Good luck with the speed runs……

Bent
Quote:
The only way for this is mount the receiver on top of top deck or on the top of the servo!
If say a Orion R10 or Orion R8? Cause R10 is 1/10 scale esc's... the only Orion i know for 1/8 is the R8 but it's a 4s only! Not 6S. The 6s version is the 220A callen R8 ProX.
http://www.teamorion.com/category-1/...en/1-8-en.html

Maybe you are saying the 4s version of R8's fit on the XB4. Ok. I will take those mm's into consideration. Thanks!
Length 53.5mm Width: 38mm Height:34mm Weight:146g

And of course it needs to be a top of the line RC...in a roller for around less then 150euros. That's how i buy my rc's
I already answered you in a previous post.

The Tekin RX8 WILL fit when using a Low Profile servo.

With a standard size servo there is no way it will fit.

You will have 2-3 mm extra space front to back and 3-4 mm extra space right to left using a RX8 with a Futaba low profile servo (that is what I have there to measure with).

You will have to cut off the cage for the fan and remove the fan itself.

The receiver, if not too big, can be positioned on the right side in front of the motor.

Bent
Old 11-03-2015, 05:10 AM   #9104
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I can't believe this is even a discussion. Why put 8th scale electrics in a 10th scale car!? Bright idea here.. Get a 8th scale car ment for 8th scale electrics!
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 05:43 AM   #9105
Tech Master

Ok, thanks! If a RX8 fit's i will take considerations from there!

Remember that the first question was answered and i said to go easy, cause i have dumb question's that i think were valid for what i want to progress in. (Dumb was going into buying one XB4 with the thinking of getting a 1/8 scale ESC without knowing if there is space... always do your drawing's first)... This is comom sense as some of you are going to say...yah...comom sense is using 1/10 eletrics on 1/10 eletrics...But i use rc's of smaller scales with bigger eletrics cause i drive them like a lunatic doing speed's and that's my way of driving rc's. AND no no GT's please...real world roads are full of debris/rocks/holes that will flip your's GT's but Buggy's just kept going. Haven't seen a X01 sucking ground...rather flying like an rc airplane when going mad speed!

For hard bash's 2s or 4s is just enough! And i have rc's for that.

The discussion was and is about a XB4 from Xray.

And is a discussion cause not everybody race's their rc's, most just drive them for fun.
All the people i know that have rc's are not into racing on tracks.

Diesel/gas/time to get at tracks and paying the lowan of space for an X's hours, this is already an expensive hobby, even more that they need licences, insurances, and club quotes, and so on.....crap even Quad's (drones) are now getting killed by legislation...that i think is a good thing cause of some morron are so stupid's and if one do "s***" we all pay for the wole package!

ARGHHH... Normal people that are into rc's generally use their rc's wherever they can close to home. At least here in Portugal we are a lot with rc's, but real track racer's there is just a few dozen on all country. I suspect this happen to worldwide accorddin to country size! And that dozen is all hardcore...even Xray have 2 or more sponsered Portguese drivers that actually kick other country's in RC track driving!

Not everyone think the same. There are many ways to do the same in RC. I am not the only one!
Those track racers generally buy the new stuff that is coming out on market, and after 1/2/3 years they sell their stuff, and i and others buy the roller's to have fun, doing whatever we do to them!

Traxxas, mentality baby!! LOL. 1/8 scale rc's are for 1/5 eletrics! My traxxas only use 2s or 4s, by the way!

Once again, thanks!

Last edited by targetingxmod; 11-03-2015 at 05:59 AM.
targetingxmod is offline   Reply With Quote