R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree55Likes

Old 10-18-2015, 09:11 PM   #8926
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COP4 View Post
So how does this chassis and brand compare to chassis like the Losi and the like? As in value vs quality and reliability comparison?
I have a D413, B44.2, ZX-6 and XB4'14.

XB4'14 is by far my favourite to drive but I have upgraded the diff crown and pinions to the steel variants. It's a tank! B44.2 would strip diff gears (TC3 versions basically) and D413 slop is excessive and scared about parts availability and my ZX-6 ... well I can't comment more on that as I'm holding out on running that until I get the gear diffs.

Liking the Xray stuff so much, XB4'16 and XB2 are on the wish list at the moment

Can't comment on the 22-4. I don't like the look of it and aesthetics matter if I'm going to spend money on it

Edit - need to comment that parts support in Hong Kong for Xray is quality and having Bent back on RCTech is awesome!
SCT - Tekno SCT410 / Losi 22SCT 2.0
WagwanBumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:55 PM   #8927
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricW View Post
What about the bulkheads and the 2014 model?
Same for the '14 model

Bent
Hiro Seiko | DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | LapMonitor | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:12 PM   #8928
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COP4 View Post
So how does this chassis and brand compare to chassis like the Losi and the like? As in value vs quality and reliability comparison?
Another awesome factor of this car is how easy it is to work on. You can literally change an arm, rebuild your difs, change the front and rear toe in a quarter of the time it takes to do it on another car. It's just well designed all the way around.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:02 AM   #8929
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Layout

As requested for HomicidalBunny.
Attached Thumbnails
Xray XB4 thread-img_3051.jpg  
Powered by Nosram motors and FX engines.
Many thanks to HEI and Perth RC for their support over the years.
Boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:28 AM   #8930
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
As requested for HomicidalBunny.
Thanks mate, this helps
Old 10-19-2015, 09:30 AM   #8931
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Same for the '14 model

Bent
Thank you!

**** "Luxury" ****
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:36 AM   #8932
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm getting so impatient for the 16! I feel like any minute Amain is going to be receiving it.
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:56 PM   #8933
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Talked to rc America and they said 7 to 10 days before they start to ship here in the usa. So I would guess amain would get it in that time frame since they get them from rc America aswell. Then you gotta factor in the time it takes for amain to ship it to you. Either way I ordered mine right from rc America as I have a account with them.. last year I got my center diff before any other websites here in he USA and from what I have been told rc America is the only distributor in America so I figured ordering from them would be the fastest way to get my hands on one.
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:07 AM   #8934
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

What center diff oil is recommended for medium bite indoor clay track? Somewhat bumpy

Thanks
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:32 AM   #8935
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

GrandeGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #8936
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone looked on petit rc setup sheets at the Bruno Coelho setup from the worlds? All it really shows is detailed pictures of his XB4 but I noticed one thing...

He doesn't have a front upper deck at all...it looks like he even trimmed the front bulkhead area of the front upper deck so that it did not connect to the steering linkage.

My question is:
Why? I thought on turf you wanted the chassis as stiff as possible...wouldn't this make it flex a lot more? Can someone smart explain why he did what he did?
freakshow__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:28 PM   #8937
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow__ View Post
Has anyone looked on petit rc setup sheets at the Bruno Coelho setup from the worlds? All it really shows is detailed pictures of his XB4 but I noticed one thing...

He doesn't have a front upper deck at all...it looks like he even trimmed the front bulkhead area of the front upper deck so that it did not connect to the steering linkage.

My question is:
Why? I thought on turf you wanted the chassis as stiff as possible...wouldn't this make it flex a lot more? Can someone smart explain why he did what he did?
We run only the steering brace and no front top deck for added steering.
For the front and rear chassis braces we use the carbon stiffeners.

Bent
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:46 PM   #8938
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
The '16 front bulkhead is a direct replacement for the '15 spec part.
For the rear bulkhead you need to clearance the shock tower so it fits over the added bracing when running the shock tower in front of the bulkhead (standard position).

If you're experiencing problems with the pinion and ring gear stripping I would replace them and the bulkhead at the same time.

We constantly trash on these gears both running the center diff with 1.000.000cst grease and tight slipper on both carpet and astro with no issues at all……most recently at the Worlds at Yatabe Arena.
Helping people with stripped gears almost always ends up in changing bulkheads as owners over time have over-tightened the screws for the diff cover allowing the housing to expand and affecting gear mesh

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Bent
Thanks. So tightening the 2 screws in the diff cover causes play and striped gears ? The diff seems to fit in there really tight. I have a 14 and 15 and both started stripping gears after I broke a couple bulkheads and replaced them with new ones. I'll try replacing all 4 bulkheads and gears at same time. Pretty expensive but oh well. Are composite gears or metal going to last about the same time. Or metal pinion and composite ring gear best. Rc America is back ordered on both for weeks now. Must be happening to a lot of guys not talking about it here.
ResultsRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:57 PM   #8939
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResultsRC View Post
Thanks. So tightening the 2 screws in the diff cover causes play and striped gears ? The diff seems to fit in there really tight. I have a 14 and 15 and both started stripping gears after I broke a couple bulkheads and replaced them with new ones. I'll try replacing all 4 bulkheads and gears at same time. Pretty expensive but oh well. Are composite gears or metal going to last about the same time. Or metal pinion and composite ring gear best. Rc America is back ordered on both for weeks now. Must be happening to a lot of guys not talking about it here.
Composite is the way to go and you can't use metal with composite it will destroy the comp gear in 5 minutes trust me i tried, l to am at a loss changed my rear bulkhead after stripping gears and it lasted about 5 packs and back to stripping and i really am at a loss oh well at least the composite gear isn't expensive.
Serpent 988, OS speed shimo edition, Serpent 977 35th anniversary. OS speed shimo edition Serpent 977 evo2, Novarossi Mito WC35 2017, Shepherd Velox, O.S Speed r2102, Motonica p81rs2, REDS Racing M7 WCS V3.0, , CM 1/8 INFINITY O.S Speed 2103.
HSV427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:04 AM   #8940
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just acquired a used XB4 '14 and the car needs a shock rebuild pretty bad.

Does anyone have a part number for a rebuild kit? I cant seem to find one anywhere. Needs guides and o-rings.

Also found a couple of bent shock shafts...are B5M ones compatible? Shock body lengths are indentical...