R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree39Likes

Old 01-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #871
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
1st club race everything went well coming from on road the xb4 drives like a touring car rotates excellent and carries tons of corner speed stock setup just used a heavier shock oil
Had a Blast driving this class
Can't wait to have mine going this weekend so I can run laps around you!
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #872
Tech Elite

Default First impressions just build

Built the car over yesterday! Was really impressed with the build, no crappy plastic like rango/schumi which strips with power drivers. Shocks are very very light, feel like plastic almost. Do not know performance yet though. Make some squishy noises on compression ala durango so not yet upto kyosho. Lets see how they perform

Another thing I noticed is, its going to be cheap to keep the drive shafts fresh with http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/products/p...8c74992776cbad since all pins are 1/8 size. The main cost in schumacher and kyosho (still is) is replacing the drive shafts/outdrives. Xray solves this in 1/8 by making pins softer than outdrives so happy on that front.

Waiting for my new esc and should be good to run a few laps this weekend Super stoked that I went with this rather than the k1.

Also the ball cups are the most tight fitting ones I have ever seen. I can see the towers and bulkheads giving way easily .
Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #873
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I got mine built over the past couple of days. This car is SOLID for a 10th scale. Everything went together perfectly with hardly any slop. The plastic is by far stronger than anything 10th scale I've built. First 10th scale I could use my power driver with no worries of stripping anything out.

Very very impressed with the car. The build quality is second to none imho. About what I expected from Xray. No slop. Very little flashing. Everything just feels well built and robust like an 8th scale.

I can't comment on the towers/bulkhead or diff gear situation as I haven't had mine on the track yet, but given how solid this car is built, my guess is that those are the weakest points. Something has to give and ballcups don't seem like they are going to popoff easily. Virtually no flex in the arms either (xray arms generally do not break. They will warp over time, but they don't snap all that often). Hinge pins seem solid unlike the stock Durango ones that bend if you just think about them wrong.

Sponsors: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and my wife's bank account.
Edumakated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #874
Tech Regular

Excited for you two. I start my build today when I get home from work.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #875
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth556 View Post
Can't wait to have mine going this weekend so I can run laps around you!
Will see Im getting real comfortable with the XB4 or I will just take u out
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #876
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Built the car over yesterday! Was really impressed with the build, no crappy plastic like rango/schumi which strips with power drivers. Shocks are very very light, feel like plastic almost. Do not know performance yet though. Make some squishy noises on compression ala durango so not yet upto kyosho. Lets see how they perform

Another thing I noticed is, its going to be cheap to keep the drive shafts fresh with http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/products/p...8c74992776cbad since all pins are 1/8 size. The main cost in schumacher and kyosho (still is) is replacing the drive shafts/outdrives. Xray solves this in 1/8 by making pins softer than outdrives so happy on that front.

Waiting for my new esc and should be good to run a few laps this weekend Super stoked that I went with this rather than the k1.

Also the ball cups are the most tight fitting ones I have ever seen. I can see the towers and bulkheads giving way easily .
the actual tool is pricey which will equal to about replacing 4 or more cva
but it is a must have if you run other cars that have the same 2mm pin I bought 1 & it works awesome
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #877
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
the actual tool is pricey which will equal to about replacing 4 or more cva
but it is a must have if you run other cars that have the same 2mm pin I bought 1 & it works awesome
I bought it last year with my christmas bonus. Can't be happier. I have 3 1/8 xray chassis to take care of and now the 1/10 fits so great!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #878
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'm balancing the chassis up. I need 5g in the front right corner and that is the easy one to do, then I need to put 15g in the rear left corner. Any suggestions on how and where to mount this weight?