R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree39Likes

Old 07-19-2015, 12:09 PM   #8581
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have been using the spec r shafts for awhile now and they are excellent. I highly recommend them in fact.

Tony Montana Try a shorty pack setup and 300k in the center diff. Also bout damn time switching from that 44.3!

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/xray/se...RC20150308.pdf Good clay setup sheet. I like to use ae springs though. Red front black rear.

Last edited by suby723; 07-19-2015 at 12:32 PM.
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:45 PM   #8582
Tech Initiate

Talking

Ease dropped on 500 plus pages of this thread and have learned alot about my xb4 2015. Most questions I've had have already been answered. Im new to rctech but believe it will be an indispensible tool for my rc cars in the future. Thank you everyone for the good reading and info.
detailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:46 PM   #8583
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've been running the Spec R front drive shafts for almost 2 seasons, no issues really. I have broken a few of the small pins, but noting too serious. I run a light amount of the Hudy graphite grease on them and they have proven good quality, I'd recommend them.
EB48SL/RX8/TekinT8i/Hitec7599/SMC4500(4S)
Grasshopper/Tekin FX/Twister 27T/FutabaS9551/Speed power
HeavyD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:04 AM   #8584
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I too recently installed the Spec R shafts and this past Saturday the threads snapped clean off on a lander that never would have broke an Xray part.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:41 PM   #8585
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
I too recently installed the Spec R shafts and this past Saturday the threads snapped clean off on a lander that never would have broke an Xray part.
Ah well at least a replacement part is not 25.99 and on back order everywhere.
BDRMBULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:33 PM   #8586
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey guys
I raced my 15 yesterday with the chassis braces and front x brace, no top decks
saddle pack config on a dusty dirt track .The buggy felt great to drive but going into the finals i went to check my ride height and the chassis was bent like a banana
Anyone else have this problem?
Didn't crash the buggy once or hit anything all meeting , there are no large jumps
at my local track either.
Without the top decks there does seem to be a lot of chassis flex.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:02 AM   #8587
Tech Initiate

Default Bent chassis plate out of the package - Questions

I have posted this at Xray forum, but want a response to this at RC Tech as well. This is copy of that post but I have left out some parts that do not correspond to this forum.

I bought a XB4'15 kit newly and when I got it in house, I discovered that my chassis plate was bent 2-3mm in the middle. It is also twisted in the axial direction, see pic 2 at the rear where it lifts of the glass table and the front is having contact to the surface. About the same amount as in the middle, 2-3mm.

I have never seen a Xray product go through inspection like this.
At first I thought it could have something to do with the stiffness adjustments on the chassis system but it does not make sense to build in a tension. Or at least not with the axial twist to the chassis...
I might be wrong, thats why I want to ask all of you folks.

So what do you all think of this?
Have anyone else got chassis-plates like this out of the box?

Another thing is that the bags in the kit has torn of labels and such, and the the kit was taped with Xray tape, but it was all torn up and all crocked on the box. Getting me thinking this is a kit that is tampered with. However, I don't think this is done by my dealer (or by Xray), as they are very good at responding to issues I have and I do purchase allot from them on my other Xray cars and never had any issues at all. Any thoughts?

Thank you, Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Xray XB4 thread-xray-xb4-chassis_1-800px.jpg   Xray XB4 thread-xray-xb4-chassis_2-800px.jpg  

<< 5ive-T | Tekno SCT410.1 | Carisma GTB | MBX6e | MP9e ~ TF-5 | XB4'15 ~ T4'13 ~ T4'14 >>
<< Futuba 4PK Super-R | Futuba T4PX >>
hugin_q3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:47 PM   #8588
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugin_q3 View Post
I have posted this at Xray forum, but want a response to this at RC Tech as well. This is copy of that post but I have left out some parts that do not correspond to this forum.

I bought a XB4'15 kit newly and when I got it in house, I discovered that my chassis plate was bent 2-3mm in the middle. It is also twisted in the axial direction, see pic 2 at the rear where it lifts of the glass table and the front is having contact to the surface. About the same amount as in the middle, 2-3mm.

I have never seen a Xray product go through inspection like this.
At first I thought it could have something to do with the stiffness adjustments on the chassis system but it does not make sense to build in a tension. Or at least not with the axial twist to the chassis...
I might be wrong, thats why I want to ask all of you folks.

So what do you all think of this?
Have anyone else got chassis-plates like this out of the box?

Another thing is that the bags in the kit has torn of labels and such, and the the kit was taped with Xray tape, but it was all torn up and all crocked on the box. Getting me thinking this is a kit that is tampered with. However, I don't think this is done by my dealer (or by Xray), as they are very good at responding to issues I have and I do purchase allot from them on my other Xray cars and never had any issues at all. Any thoughts?

Thank you, Erik
Back a few months ago when we were going through the rear toe plate debacle, I was taking measurements on a cmm. I was surprised that my chassis was very flat, even after racing it quite a bit. I think it was flat within .005"
Old 07-27-2015, 02:08 AM   #8589
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Back a few months ago when we were going through the rear toe plate debacle, I was taking measurements on a cmm. I was surprised that my chassis was very flat, even after racing it quite a bit. I think it was flat within .005"
Exactly, that makes what I suspected that the negative 'rocker' at the middle of the chassis was to much. And then we have the axial twist as well..

A faulty chassis plate during production I would expect I guess, but passing inspection I don't.. I really hope this is not parts that are outsourced and that we would see more of this in the future..

But hey, you know what? I got an personal email from Xray and they wanted my serial number for the kit and where I bought it, they are sending me a new chassis plate! So all solved, and quickly, I'm happy here after all, it is getting solved this week and I will start building my diffs as we speak

<< 5ive-T | Tekno SCT410.1 | Carisma GTB | MBX6e | MP9e ~ TF-5 | XB4'15 ~ T4'13 ~ T4'14 >>
<< Futuba 4PK Super-R | Futuba T4PX >>
hugin_q3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:55 AM   #8590
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The guys at RCAmerica and the Hudy's take that stuff very serious. Glad to hear its headed in the right direction for you.

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:39 PM   #8591
Tech Fanatic

@hugin, that is surprising that a kit in such suspect condition made it into your hands, it might have been destined for return to Xray I hope, and you got it by mistake! Glad to hear they are correcting it for you.

I had a chance to run my '15 this past weekend on a hard packed clay track, kept damp, only minimal dust, with the new 2mm chassis stiffeners, the steering x brace and the floating servo mount. I run in shorty config. I noticed the buggy felt really good, planted and yes, it had traction. I was running mine way too low for no other reason than I was completely misreading my ride height gauge (long story). Anyhow, once at the proper ride height I had loads of traction (but I drove like a donkey). The chassis certainly has flex to it. You can bend it yourself without too much force. As said many times, it's a tuning thing and may not be right for everyone, but I like it. Oh, and no, even after many crashes, flips and a few cartwheels and casing a few jumps, the bottom of the chassis is still flat as glass. The new stiffeners are for traction, the shocks are for handling. I like them.
EB48SL/RX8/TekinT8i/Hitec7599/SMC4500(4S)
Grasshopper/Tekin FX/Twister 27T/FutabaS9551/Speed power
HeavyD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:45 PM   #8592
Tech Addict

Sorry if this has been asked before but will the 2015 3.5mm front shock tower fit the 2014?
TIA
Old 07-28-2015, 01:06 AM   #8593
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigInJapan View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before but will the 2015 3.5mm front shock tower fit the 2014?
TIA
I would've thought so, I have 4mm DMS PARTZ towers on mine, so thickness isn't an issue & I'm pretty sure the bulkheads haven't changed in any meaningful way either.
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:34 AM   #8594
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigInJapan View Post
TIA
It will fit. I have one currently in my XB2013/14.
MiG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:24 AM   #8595
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Guys if anyone is looking for an xb4 2015 I'm selling mine. Has everything, center diff, chassis braces, upper deck, floating servo mount, driveshaft collars etc. Pm me for more info.