R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree38Likes

Old 07-09-2015, 06:23 PM   #8551
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkNT1 View Post
Is anyone running toe out higher than stock which is 0 in the front and if u are which insert??
The toe out in the front isn't controlled by the inserts, do you mean track width?

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:35 PM   #8552
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkracer24 View Post
The toe out in the front isn't controlled by the inserts, do you mean track width?
Really is not how come in the back it is. Now I am looking at it ur right.. sorry for the stupid question
HulkNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:34 PM   #8553
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is anyone running the aluminum bevel gears on the diffs instead of the steel ones? Any real advantage? I know there will be less rotating mass, but with a 6.5, does it really matter? Any noticeable handling difference?
GrandeGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 02:20 PM   #8554
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I think the aluminum gears are meant for the composite pinions. I tried them with the steel pinions, and they wore out very fast, each tooth was getting sharp and the inside of the bulkhead was full of aluminum shavings.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:31 PM   #8555
Tech Regular

Hey guys I need help with this situation. I was racing my xb4 2015 and I took a jump and when the the car landed the it flip striaght forward. My question is when this happen is it because the rear springs are too stiff and the car just springs forward would I need to place softer springs at the rear. The Springs are stock. It only happen at the same jump or is it the way I landed it with was straight down instead of front wheels first.

Or

I got an Orion 10.1 pro ESC on this car and when I let go of the throttle the car tends to slow down more like if it had drag brakes on but it does not have it on. I am trying to find the push feature in the ESC but can not, meaning the car coast a little with I let off the throttle. who even has this ESC please help. I try looking at the manual but no help there..

THanks
HulkNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #8556
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Good to know, thanks Patrick!

Just got done installing the new chassis braces. Not impressed in the least. It should come with a list of other parts you need to buy to install them. I am running saddle packs so I got the right kit(361169). I ended up using one of the spacers from the shorty bag from the kit but I had to cut down the front chassis brace to get another spacer and the front body mount. I know I read that some were just using velcro for the front and I was fine with doing that until I realized that I needed 2 spacers for the center bulkheads. These should come in the chassis brace kit. Come on Xray! I hope it was worth the wait and frustration. I will find out Wednesday!
GrandeGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:50 PM   #8557
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer View Post

Just got done installing the new chassis braces. Not impressed in the least. It should come with a list of other parts you need to buy to install them. I am running saddle packs so I got the right kit(361169). I ended up using one of the spacers from the shorty bag from the kit but I had to cut down the front chassis brace to get another spacer and the front body mount. I know I read that some were just using velcro for the front and I was fine with doing that until I realized that I needed 2 spacers for the center bulkheads. These should come in the chassis brace kit. Come on Xray! I hope it was worth the wait and frustration. I will find out Wednesday!
+1

Seems to rotate better in center of corner..enough that i turned down my d.r. very disappointed in xray for furnishing an incomplete kit for this upgrade...
bpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:35 PM   #8558
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer View Post

I just put the shorty kit and front steering plate on my car last week and everything was in the package. They give you one center diff spacer but one comes in the stock kit so I had both of them. Sounds like a pita if you don't buy the steering plate with the braces though
Old 07-14-2015, 07:09 AM   #8559
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Chassis Braces

I too am running the new chassis braces with saddles but I built the car that way never using the top decks. I would just like a little more "On Power" steering.Any advice. By the way the car is Unbelievable!

Last edited by shuless; 07-14-2015 at 07:12 AM. Reason: additional info
shuless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:33 AM   #8560
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuless View Post
I too am running the new chassis braces with saddles but I built the car that way never using the top decks. I would just like a little more "On Power" steering.Any advice. By the way the car is Unbelievable!
Move the rear arms and hubs back for more on power steering.
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:03 PM   #8561
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Getting ready for our local big race and rebuilt my shocks and freshened up my diffs and glued up some new Ions, so I put it on my SkyRC 4 post scale, 1823g total. Happy to report it has a 50-50 weight bias RF/LR to LF/RR! My front to rear weight bias however is 46% front to 54% rear (844g to 973g), has anyone else found similar results? Does this sound right to you guys or do you think the rear should be heavier, closer to 60%?

I am running the shorty set up.
EB48SL/RX8/TekinT8i/Hitec7599/SMC4500(4S)
Grasshopper/Tekin FX/Twister 27T/FutabaS9551/Speed power
HeavyD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:23 PM   #8562
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
Getting ready for our local big race and rebuilt my shocks and freshened up my diffs and glued up some new Ions, so I put it on my SkyRC 4 post scale, 1823g total. Happy to report it has a 50-50 weight bias RF/LR to LF/RR! My front to rear weight bias however is 46% front to 54% rear (844g to 973g), has anyone else found similar results? Does this sound right to you guys or do you think the rear should be heavier, closer to 60%?

you're good. 2wd cars have more rearward weight. 4wd is a touch less than 60% depending on electronics placement and sizes.

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:08 PM   #8563
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post

That's pretty close to what mine came in at with shorty. Saddles added another 2% to the rear bias.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:57 AM   #8564
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkNT1 View Post
I got an Orion 10.1 pro ESC on this car and when I let go of the throttle the car tends to slow down more like if it had drag brakes on but it does not have it on. I am trying to find the push feature in the ESC but can not, meaning the car coast a little with I let off the throttle. who even has this ESC please help. I try looking at the manual but no help there..

THanks
I've noticed that if you enable reverse on the R10 Pro (not tried it with R10.1), it feels on neutral that there is drag brake on. don't know really the reason for it! So check that and disable reverse
Destiny&V-Dezign 1:12- Sanwa M12s - Xray XB4 2016 - Xray XB2 DE - HW XR10Pro & Team Orion R10.1 Pro & Sanwa Super Vortex Zero Gen2- Team Orion Vortex & Muchmore & Reedy BL motors - Sanwa & Highest & Sav÷x servos
Peakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:52 AM   #8565
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Move the rear arms and hubs back for more on power steering.
Can you elaborate? Are you changing the inserts to achieve this or just moving spacers?