R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree39Likes

Old 06-14-2015, 02:00 PM   #8416
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsen-dk View Post
I have been told to shim the gear and pinion to a minimum play. Is there a aftermarket pinion ?? After i put metal gear in diff i broke the pinion after 6 times on carpet , have changed back to plastic gears in diff.
I tried shimming the diff (not the pinion) and the diff fits EXACTLY in the diff case. There is not one slight amount of side to side play. So placing a shim won't work. I have some shims that will work with pushing the pinion out further. Will test this next weekend. If that doesn't work I may just try the composite ones. Don't see how they would last much longer than the STEEL!
timannnn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:46 PM   #8417
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Looking for a little setup help. I have a '14 that i race on an outdoor offroad track. Today I noticed that as the track was getting pretty rough and beat up my car seemed to be "dancing" over the jumps. It currently has the factory setup in it. What are some things that I could change to help the car absorb some of the bump in the track better.

Thank you
Trinity
Futaba 4px
wheres_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:24 PM   #8418
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquepick View Post
Hi I'm new in rctech. I've got xb4'15. What could I do to increase rear traction and stering off power? I don't know how I can ad photo of my setup sheet
First make sure the servo saver is tight enough and your steering servo is strong enough. You can email me your setup sheet and I can post it and we can give you advice. [email protected]
Old 06-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #8419
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheres_yogi View Post
Looking for a little setup help. I have a '14 that i race on an outdoor offroad track. Today I noticed that as the track was getting pretty rough and beat up my car seemed to be "dancing" over the jumps. It currently has the factory setup in it. What are some things that I could change to help the car absorb some of the bump in the track better.

Thank you
Schelle 1.1/1.5 pistons front and 1.1/1.6 rear with 37.5 /30 oil approximately depending on temp and brand. The stock pistons are a little loose in the bodies. Schelle or avid are better in that regard.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:38 PM   #8420
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyone have a problem steering link ball joint got snap many times. Thinking to replace steering ball joint from losi. Anyone had try different ball joint rather than xray-xb4 stock.
raved007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:27 AM   #8421
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I am running the graphite gears front rear and center as well as the graphite pinion and crown gears. I have had no issues with any breakage at all. I lightly lube all the internal gears with Eureka Pro Lube thenfully wipe off the excess. Also when first running the gears I run 2 packs through the buggy at light to medium pace thus to help break in.
I just put the slipper in to run on very high bite surface and thus had no issues with gears breaking. Thus also running a 6.5T Vulcan and Pulse V2 so the tranny is being exposed to some pretty good jack.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:48 AM   #8422
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default XB4 Hopups

Could I please get some links to some of the "must have" hopup parts for the 2015 XB4? I've scoured the internet and the only places ( Even after translating) don't have some of these such as the X Brace, Steel gears, Chassis stiffeners, Bulkhead Brace, Etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
shuless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:48 AM   #8423
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuless View Post
Could I please get some links to some of the "must have" hopup parts for the 2015 XB4? I've scoured the internet and the only places ( Even after translating) don't have some of these such as the X Brace, Steel gears, Chassis stiffeners, Bulkhead Brace, Etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Xray-shop Austria has everything. You will need to sign in/create an account.
Thus you will be able to see the prices without the VAT (tax of 20%).

Quick shipping and again everything you are looking for
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:39 PM   #8424
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Do or have any of you guys run the orion r10 pro esc? I have one in my xb4 and I seem to be having some issues with it. It will just up and die on me at random times. After a couple seconds it will turn back on and be fine. I turned the punch down in hopes that it would help. Not so much. Just walking the buggy over to the drivers stand yesterday it turned off 3 times. Any help would be much appreciated. I posted in the orion forum but have not had any responses to it.

Thank you
Trinity
Futaba 4px
wheres_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:47 PM   #8425
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Do or have any of you guys run the orion r10 pro esc? I have one in my xb4 and I seem to be having some issues with it. It will just up and die on me at random times. After a couple seconds it will turn back on and be fine. I turned the punch down in hopes that it would help. Not so much. Just walking the buggy over to the drivers stand yesterday it turned off 3 times. Any help would be much appreciated. I posted in the orion forum but have not had any responses to it.

Thank you
Check your wires. I had a wire break inside the wire insulator that caused a similar issue.

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #8426
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:

Thank you
I run one in mine and had a circuit board go bad (the ESC would heat up and basically thermal without being actually turned on), but not your issue. I'm not as blown away by the Orion as I thought I was going to be when I spent the money.
EB48SL/RX8/TekinT8i/Hitec7599/SMC4500(4S)
Grasshopper/Tekin FX/Twister 27T/FutabaS9551/Speed power
HeavyD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:06 AM   #8427
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone know if the new chassis stiffeners are in stock anywhere yet?
GrandeGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:23 AM   #8428
Tech Rookie

361168 and 361169 are available in factory stock and should be available at your distributor RC America shortly.
XraySupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:49 AM   #8429
Tech Adept

Probably been asked before, but can someone confirm the Xray XB4 Kit wheels and Durango DEX410 kit wheels have the same offset?

Prefer yellow wheels and xray doesn't make yellow wheels (that's I've seen) and my sponsor carries Durango aswell as xray, so can get wheels for both easy
Cody102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:55 AM   #8430
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody102 View Post
Probably been asked before, but can someone confirm the Xray XB4 Kit wheels and Durango DEX410 kit wheels have the same offset?

Prefer yellow wheels and xray doesn't make yellow wheels (that's I've seen) and my sponsor carries Durango aswell as xray, so can get wheels for both easy
Yes they are fit and same offset I'm running those yellow rim
raved007 is offline   Reply With Quote