R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree44Likes

Old 05-14-2015, 07:10 PM   #8251
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys the kit does not come with a body right??

What body is every one using??

Thanks
Felix
HulkNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:20 PM   #8252
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The kit comes with a body.

I have a question. What do I need to run other rims on the car? I see that there are different offset 12mm hexes but which rims and what offset hexes do I need to maintain the same track width?

Thanks.
GrandeGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:27 PM   #8253
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
Just a little testing tip that I have recently found trying out shock orings for the xb4.. After not being very pleased with the associated xrings I have settled on traxxas orings. They work a lot better over the xring IMO. Only use the blue oring and you will need two packages and use 1mm xray spacer(same with xring)

http://www.amain.com/traxxas-shock-rebuild-kit/p45156
This, unfortunately did not work well for me. I tried it over two race nights and after last night the rear shocks are half empty, the shock retainers for the rears were soaked. Bah! I had hoped this would have worked. I pumped the shocks and could see the oil leaking out around the plastic bushing in the bottom of the shock around the shaft, so I am fairly certain it was the Traxxas o-ring that failed. I pulled them apart, the bottom o-rings were wet. Back to Xray o-rings.
EB48SL/RX8/TekinT8i/Hitec7599/SMC4500(4S)
Grasshopper/Tekin FX/Twister 27T/FutabaS9551/Speed power
HeavyD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:41 PM   #8254
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
This, unfortunately did not work well for me. I tried it over two race nights and after last night the rear shocks are half empty, the shock retainers for the rears were soaked. Bah! I had hoped this would have worked. I pumped the shocks and could see the oil leaking out around the plastic bushing in the bottom of the shock around the shaft, so I am fairly certain it was the Traxxas o-ring that failed. I pulled them apart, the bottom o-rings were wet. Back to Xray o-rings.
Did you add another spacer? That is critical or it will cause a leak. Same thing with the ae xrings. The traxxas oring is thinner than the stock oring. You need to add another shim in the body to properly put pressure on the oring.
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:41 PM   #8255
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer View Post
The kit comes with a body.

I have a question. What do I need to run other rims on the car? I see that there are different offset 12mm hexes but which rims and what offset hexes do I need to maintain the same track width?

Thanks.
Exotek makes 12mm hexes to use kyosho front and ae rear. They also make 9.5mm hexes for b44 fronts. If you get the rear hexes use the 7mm wide ones. Not sure what rims the 9mm wide hexes are for.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:00 PM   #8256
TV
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
IMO, the stock o-rings work extremely well. I've never changed out kit o-rings, and they can last all year without getting sticky or leaking.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:20 AM   #8257
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Exotek makes 12mm hexes to use kyosho front and ae rear. They also make 9.5mm hexes for b44 fronts. If you get the rear hexes use the 7mm wide ones. Not sure what rims the 9mm wide hexes are for.
Thank you
GrandeGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:54 AM   #8258
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
If you get the B44 front hexes, you can run TLR 22-4 wheels as well.
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:28 AM   #8259
Tech Fanatic

@suby, yes, I used 2mm worth of the kit spacers like you suggested. Total package was around 5.5mm, fit tightly into the bottom of the shock, she just did not hold. Strange too, as my track is made for 1/10, no crazy huge jumps and is flat and fairly smooth. I've put my old Xray rings back in, I'll need to order some new ones tho.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:45 AM   #8260
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

B44/22-4 fronts aren't the same. B44 is 10mm, 22-4 is 12mm. The 22 2wd is 10mm though.

I run +.75mm in the front and +1.5mm in the rear, this is just about the stock width. I know in Europe they run +1.5mm front and +2.25 in the rear, which makes almost no thread come out past the front wheel so you need a super thin wheel nut. But either of those widths will be super close, the stock 14mm hexs and wheels will be right between those two setups.

The Traxxas and AE o-rings are not only thinner but also have a smaller outer diameter. So for them to fit properly you'd need something that slid into the cartridge area of the shock to reduce the diameter and height where the o-rings go.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:21 AM   #8261
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
The traxxas x-rings did not work for me as well. I use them in my k-cars without issue but in the xb4 they leak badly. I rebuilt them with an extra spacer but the result was the same. I ended up going back to the stock o-rings and haven't had any leaks since.
littleZEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:29 PM   #8262
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleZEN View Post
The traxxas x-rings did not work for me as well. I use them in my k-cars without issue but in the xb4 they leak badly. I rebuilt them with an extra spacer but the result was the same. I ended up going back to the stock o-rings and haven't had any leaks since.
I had the same issue in trying to use the Traxxas x-rings thus the Durango purples were tad to big. Thus I remembered that I had a good amount of extra Revolution Design Racing Products o-rings I used in my Serpent Spyder SC which worked more than excellent. Definetly RDRP o-rings are more than gtg +1. I believe a pack has 16 o-rings and again they work excellent being super smooth and very pliable but still fairly firm. Oh! just a side note they are white in color.

Have an excellent weekend my fellow XB4 enthusiast.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #8263
Tech Master

Quote:
@suby, yes, I used 2mm worth of the kit spacers like you suggested. Total package was around 5.5mm, fit tightly into the bottom of the shock, she just did not hold. Strange too, as my track is made for 1/10, no crazy huge jumps and is flat and fairly smooth. I've put my old Xray rings back in, I'll need to order some new ones tho.

Heavy,

Pick up some RDRP (revolution design racing products) o-rings my friend. They are excellent and if I remember correctly 16 come in a pack.

Have an excellent weekend my friend.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:04 AM   #8264
Tech Fanatic

I managed to have a fellow Xray club racer give me a pack of o-rings, but I will certainly look into these RDRP's, thanks Norse.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:49 AM   #8265
Tech Master

Quote:
I managed to have a fellow Xray club racer give me a pack of o-rings, but I will certainly look into these RDRP's, thanks Norse.
Ho problem Heavy,

I hope the weather in your area is allowing for some outdoor track time my friend.

Have an excellent weekend Heavy