Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree38Likes

Old 04-29-2015, 10:00 PM   #8131
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
Thank you RCGOD,

I will try you suggestion putting shock placemeny on the inner arm holes as I need alot of big time extra travel for this track. In addition how about dropping the hinge pins down fully both front and rear while keeping the track width stock center.

Thanks brother! Your knowlege is greatly appreciated my fiend.
I've never ran any other shock location than outside of the arm. If I need more traction I use lighter shock oil, lighter springs and more droop. So I can't really give you advice there since I've never tried it on this car.

Keep in mind also that sometimes things work reverse from what you think they will. For instance most setup guides say to lower front roll center for more steering, but I've found the opposite, probably because I don't run a front sway bar or if I do it's very small like 1.0mm. Sometimes you have to try things and see what happens, then take good mental notes and learn from it. 😊
Old 04-29-2015, 10:40 PM   #8132
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER View Post
hello im running on a low/med bite slick track running gear diffs front and rear. has anyone tried the ball diffs? wondering if ball diffs are worth getting to get most traction?
Sent you a reply message with some possibilities with no reply
Old 04-30-2015, 08:31 AM   #8133
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER View Post
hello im running on a low/med bite slick track running gear diffs front and rear. has anyone tried the ball diffs? wondering if ball diffs are worth getting to get most traction?
This is, at least, the 3rd car you've asked numerous questions about obtaining more traction. Along with your thread about foam inserts, looking for more traction. As well as posting in the Sticky Kicks thread, looking for more traction.

Now there's nothing wrong with asking questions. But when your questions constantly revolve around one single subject. 3 things happen; One, people get irritated by repetitiveness and simply begin to ignore you. Two, it brings out the hecklers, and to a certain extent deservedly so. 3rd and last, it raises our own questions as to exactly what are you looking for and what do you expect?? So, here are my questions for you. If you've covered any of these already I apologize, I don't follow you as closely as some others.

1. Are you the fastest guy at your track? IF you are, stop looking for more traction! You obviously have enough. If not, keep reading..
2. Are you using the same tires and inserts as everyone else, including anyone faster than you?
3. Have you asked others at your track (mostly faster guys) for help, or about the equipment they're running?
4. This is a BIG one. Have you had a faster driver actually drive YOUR car and give you feedback?
5. How much traction are you looking for and exactly how far off the pace are you from the fast guys?
6. Are you sure you even have a traction issue?
7. Is it at all possible that traction isn't your issue and that those faster than you simply have better "throttle management skills"??

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:54 PM   #8134
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
This is, at least, the 3rd car you've asked numerous questions about obtaining more traction. Along with your thread about foam inserts, looking for more traction. As well as posting in the Sticky Kicks thread, looking for more traction.

Now there's nothing wrong with asking questions. But when your questions constantly revolve around one single subject. 3 things happen; One, people get irritated by repetitiveness and simply begin to ignore you. Two, it brings out the hecklers, and to a certain extent deservedly so. 3rd and last, it raises our own questions as to exactly what are you looking for and what do you expect?? So, here are my questions for you. If you've covered any of these already I apologize, I don't follow you as closely as some others.

1. Are you the fastest guy at your track? IF you are, stop looking for more traction! You obviously have enough. If not, keep reading..
2. Are you using the same tires and inserts as everyone else, including anyone faster than you?
3. Have you asked others at your track (mostly faster guys) for help, or about the equipment they're running?
4. This is a BIG one. Have you had a faster driver actually drive YOUR car and give you feedback?
5. How much traction are you looking for and exactly how far off the pace are you from the fast guys?
7. Is it at all possible that traction isn't your issue and that those faster than you simply have better "throttle management skills"??
I vote this for best response of the year, who's with me?

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #8135
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

try on carpet... lol
hobbywing esc, airtronics controlled MT4s
advpball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:04 PM   #8136
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

ok Dirt sssshhhhhhh don't tell anyone
speed secrets of the team
Attached Thumbnails
Xray XB4 thread-img_0206.jpg  
Old 04-30-2015, 06:52 PM   #8137
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post

Classic reply.
I'll have some fun answering your questions to Dirt Digger.

1. I was, until Painy arrived.
2. No, cause my Proline's are way better then AKA's on our track (did I just type that on a forum)
3. No, cause he drives a Yokomo and he is scared of me beating him.
4. Yes, he said you should be 'Dominating' with this car. But he wasn't clear what i was meant to be 'Dominating'.
5. I want to see the tread flying off of the tire. If you take my fastest lap, multiply it by 14. I would win every race. FYI - about 10 laps per race I require marshaling.
6. Yes, traction is the issue as the 3.5t isn't getting hot at all because I can't jam on the throttle due to the lack of traction on polished wooden boards.
7. No, its traction. I think!