R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree36Likes

Old 04-16-2015, 07:11 PM   #7951
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Ok building my car now. Gonna run it with the shorty. Manual says use the 95mm center drive shaft in the front and the 85mm in the rear center. Well trying to but the spur assembly in now and it seems the center drive shafts should be reversed? Or did I do something else wrong. Side note, not impressed with the instructions or the packing at all. Seems like everything is scattered around. The quality of the car seems great. Haven't built a xray since their first original touring car. And those instructions and packing were great from what I remember
Old 04-16-2015, 10:58 PM   #7952
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
Ok building my car now. Gonna run it with the shorty. Manual says use the 95mm center drive shaft in the front and the 85mm in the rear center. Well trying to but the spur assembly in now and it seems the center drive shafts should be reversed? Or did I do something else wrong. Side note, not impressed with the instructions or the packing at all. Seems like everything is scattered around. The quality of the car seems great. Haven't built a xray since their first original touring car. And those instructions and packing were great from what I remember
The misprint is corrected in the V2 manual here: http://www.teamxray.com/xb4/download...l_2015_v02.pdf

It's a simple matter of just reversing it.

Besides from the misprint every bag is labeled and matches each step of the build in the manual.

The manual does have the saddle pack build as the default though and the shorty build as the optional layout.

This will most likely be reversed for the next update of the XB4

Bent
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:58 AM   #7953
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have a basically new '14 xb4. Atm I have the option to buy the '15 conversion from a friend . We are trying to figure out a price as he bought an extra kit for parts. So my question is what is a fair price for the '15 parts. Ie the chassis , center shafts, motor mount, carbon top deck and body.

- Chris Kline
crazy nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:03 AM   #7954
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
Totally Agree! Thus I would recommend this bumper to any XB4 owner as well. BB ships very fast as well, in fact so fast it is hard to believe they are shipping out of Australia.
One can dremel the back hole sets flat, thus allowing the bumper to sit nice and flush on the chassis or one could cut the back half off. I would suggest the first option.
Bugleboy even states that the use of only 2 screws on the 15 XB4 is sufficient as the have not scene any negative issues.
Yes for some reason shipping out of Australia is fast even with cheapest post. Although easter kind of slowed things down. Should be back to normal by now though.

It's fine with just the 2 screws from the guys that i've seen running them around here, with some pretty rough tracks with big jumps, guess 4 was overkill. I'm thinking of modifying the tooling to just make it 2 screws when I come out with a 2015 undertray. A sharp hobby knife will do a decent job of shaving off the countersink protrusions aswell.

Thanks for the orders guys

http://stivesrc.org.au/
Bugle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:35 AM   #7955
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy nick View Post
I have a basically new '14 xb4. Atm I have the option to buy the '15 conversion from a friend . We are trying to figure out a price as he bought an extra kit for parts. So my question is what is a fair price for the '15 parts. Ie the chassis , center shafts, motor mount, carbon top deck and body.
I just looked on ebay and to buy the parts you need will cost about $180. So I would say a good deal is $140. Also I believe you'll need the 2015 center slipper too which I included in the $180.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:09 AM   #7956
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2014 to 2015 Chassis Only Conversion Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
I just looked on ebay and to buy the parts you need will cost about $180. So I would say a good deal is $140. Also I believe you'll need the 2015 center slipper too which I included in the $180.
Would you be able to post exactly what parts are needed in order for us to upgrade from 2014 to 2015? I'm only interested in running shorty battery packs. This would be the sole reason for me wanting the new chassis. Can someone make a list for this? Thanks in advance.
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:12 AM   #7957
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugle View Post
Yes for some reason shipping out of Australia is fast even with cheapest post. Although easter kind of slowed things down. Should be back to normal by now though.

It's fine with just the 2 screws from the guys that i've seen running them around here, with some pretty rough tracks with big jumps, guess 4 was overkill. I'm thinking of modifying the tooling to just make it 2 screws when I come out with a 2015 undertray. A sharp hobby knife will do a decent job of shaving off the countersink protrusions aswell.

Thanks for the orders guys
My Pleasure! You all make a great product. I know the Australian postal service is one of the only countries who's postal service is not loosing money. Your postal system is totally dialed in. Hence one of the reason products shipped out of Australia have a quick eta.

On another note, does BugleBoy have any plans to produce a weighted but very sleek rear skid plate/bumper combo for the XB4? Something like the Exoteks rear skid plate/bumper for the DEX410v4 buggy. I know a bunch of fellas whom would purchase this type of hop-up.

Thanks Again BB Racing.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:36 AM   #7958
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
Totally Agree! Thus I would recommend this bumper to any XB4 owner as well. BB ships very fast as well, in fact so fast it is hard to believe they are shipping out of Australia.
One can dremel the back hole sets flat, thus allowing the bumper to sit nice and flush on the chassis or one could cut the back half off. I would suggest the first option.
Bugleboy even states that the use of only 2 screws on the 15 XB4 is sufficient as the have not scene any negative issues.
can post a pic of the mod dremel the back hole sets flat, thus allowing the bumper to sit nice and flush on the chassis when you have some time.
thanks
ronzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:06 AM   #7959
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
Would you be able to post exactly what parts are needed in order for us to upgrade from 2014 to 2015? I'm only interested in running shorty battery packs. This would be the sole reason for me wanting the new chassis. Can someone make a list for this? Thanks in advance.
See this post Xray XB4 thread
Old 04-17-2015, 09:48 AM   #7960
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

A friend of mine has the 2015 version and can't get the car to work like his 2014. We run on a hard packed low traction clay track. Tires that work right now are m4 holeshots and impacts. Can someone give me a setup that would work. We put the 2014 rear suspension holders to try to make the car better. Any help would be great! Thanks
Old 04-17-2015, 10:04 AM   #7961
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedychris22 View Post
A friend of mine has the 2015 version and can't get the car to work like his 2014. We run on a hard packed low traction clay track. Tires that work right now are m4 holeshots and impacts. Can someone give me a setup that would work. We put the 2014 rear suspension holders to try to make the car better. Any help would be great! Thanks
Is he running shorty or saddles?
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:06 AM   #7962
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
I run on low traction hard packed dirt and run the following setup on my 14.

-3 dot Front / 1 dot rear springs
-Shocks in middle hole on towers F&R outer hole on arms
-rear spacer plate removed
-Updated stock rear hanger with the eccentric bushings in the outer rear
corners
-Avid 1.5 pistons up front 1.6 in rear
-32.5 F 27.5R
-7K F diff 2K R diff

I would try to loosen the slipper / lighter Diff fluids before you make any other changes to see how that effects things.
Innovative Hobbies Raceway, Flyin-High RC Track
suzukipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:19 AM   #7963
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Is he running shorty or saddles?
shorty
Old 04-17-2015, 11:34 AM   #7964
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
shorty

Problem solved
DustinEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:11 PM   #7965
Tech Elite

Quote:
shorty
He can either go back to saddles and run his old setup or try and make the shorty work. Imo in those conditions saddles will be better. If he wants to try and make shorty work, try the original Tyler Vik setup but use red ae front and black ae rear springs, 3.5 or 4 deg rear toe, and 7k front 3k rear diff fluids. Also center shock position on rear tower, 1.2mm rear sway bar, and rear hubs and arms all the way forward. 21mm ride height.
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote