Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
Same as the bad ones or same side to side?
Same size side to side
Old 03-30-2015, 04:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skeasor
I got mine today too. Just in case if anyone is looking for theirs, mine came in a small envelope. Don't throw it out accidentally
Mine can in today too, it almost ended up in the dumpster.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Big time PROPS to XRAY!!!

They surpassed my expectations by far....

I bought a used XB4 2015 a couple of weeks ago, found out about the suspension holder issue via this thread, sent XRAY an email, they advised me to contact RCAmerica, so I did and just got my replacement today in that little envelope (skeasor) made mention of. I've tried the D413, S10B, B44.2, DEX410 and now the XRAY XB4. Hands down, this has been the best wheeler for me! It's also good know that I have EXCELLENT customer service support to back it up!

winstonite= Driver
Old 03-30-2015, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by winstonite

I bought a used XB4 2015 a couple of weeks ago, found out about the suspension holder issue via this thread, sent XRAY an email, they advised me to contact RCAmerica, so I did and just got my replacement today in that little envelope (skeasor) made mention of. I've tried the D413, S10B, B44.2, DEX410 and now the XRAY XB4. Hands down, this has been the best wheeler for me! It's also good know that I have EXCELLENT customer service support to back it up!

winstonite= Driver
I agree. Glad xray did the right thing.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by winstonite

winstonite= Driver
Definetly agree with you! great work by XRAY!
Old 03-31-2015, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Quick question. I got the steel internal gear sets for both of my Diffs however I neglected to get the metal diff cross pins. Can I get away with running the steel gears on the composite diff cross pin for a race day or two?

Thank you
Ducky
Old 03-31-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ducky162
Quick question. I got the steel internal gear sets for both of my Diffs however I neglected to get the metal diff cross pins. Can I get away with running the steel gears on the composite diff cross pin for a race day or two?

Thank you
Ducky
Yes….there's no problem running the composite cross pin with the steel gears

Bent
Old 03-31-2015, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ducky162

Thank you
Ducky
Been running the composite cross for months..
Old 03-31-2015, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DustinEich
Been running the composite cross for months..
Makes sense, as the Teckno's new 410 v3 uses composite diff pins with metal gears.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looking for a little trouble shooting or advice. Recently had front transmission pinion gear come loose on my 14 xb4 which caused the composite gears to roach. Replaced them with another set of composites and replaced the dif case as well.

The rear has steel pinion and bevel gears and hasn't had an issue, however the front roached the pinion tonight after about two batts through it. Initially I was thinking the pinion had come loose again but upon opening the case it was still tightend down.
I have steel gears on order for the front but I'm at a loss as to why the front transmission keeps eating pinions. It isnt loose and its sitting in new dif cases that were properly tightened down. Could running steel in the rear and composite up front have somehow put more strain on the composite gears? Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Has anyone tried using the inside hole on the rear arm and hub vs the outside hole and what difference did it make in handling on the track?
Old 04-02-2015, 12:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by likea45
Looking for a little trouble shooting or advice. Recently had front transmission pinion gear come loose on my 14 xb4 which caused the composite gears to roach. Replaced them with another set of composites and replaced the dif case as well.

The rear has steel pinion and bevel gears and hasn't had an issue, however the front roached the pinion tonight after about two batts through it. Initially I was thinking the pinion had come loose again but upon opening the case it was still tightend down.
I have steel gears on order for the front but I'm at a loss as to why the front transmission keeps eating pinions. It isnt loose and its sitting in new dif cases that were properly tightened down. Could running steel in the rear and composite up front have somehow put more strain on the composite gears? Any help is appreciated.
I had the exact opposite issue, I was going through front and rear composite gears and went to the steel gears and roached the rear steel pinion and have no idea why? My slipper is way looser than recommended in the manual and I run on loose dirt and everything seems to fit perfectly together. I replaced the rear with composite gears until a replacement steel pinion could be sourced, and they went bad too. Now that I have the steel gears back in it, it hasn't given me an issue knock on wood .
Old 04-02-2015, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by suzukipro
I had the exact opposite issue, I was going through front and rear composite gears and went to the steel gears and roached the rear steel pinion and have no idea why? My slipper is way looser than recommended in the manual and I run on loose dirt and everything seems to fit perfectly together. I replaced the rear with composite gears until a replacement steel pinion could be sourced, and they went bad too. Now that I have the steel gears back in it, it hasn't given me an issue knock on wood .
2 race days, and 2 sets of rear composites. I'm thinking about ordering the steer pinions and rings for front & rear so I don't do that again. Or now that I have a new set in the rear, should I put a new set in the front so they have equal wear & stress?
Old 04-02-2015, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Steel bevel and pinions should be your first upgrade, however, bad driving habits can roast a set of composite gears fairly easily; landing off jumps on throttle, trying to jump over track barriers or tile drainage that outline the track and yes, an overly tightened slipper.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
Steel bevel and pinions should be your first upgrade, however, bad driving habits can roast a set of composite gears fairly easily; landing off jumps on throttle, trying to jump over track barriers or tile drainage that outline the track and yes, an overly tightened slipper.
Bad driving habits may be the sole reason to be honest, this is my first 4wd 10th mod. That being said, I'll check the slipper. About to rebuild the car for new astroturf track, but one more race on dirt next weekend first.

Any recommendation for tires for an outdoor dirt track? (RC Madness in CT) Never seen the track before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.