me too my frnd! should be here by monday I think
Old 12-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #723
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

they got 9 left I think.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #724
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just finished my build and other then some bad screws the build quality was pretty nice. Looking forward to getting the electronics all wired up tomorrow. Now I am just in need of my batteries and then pickup some tires. I hope to get some testing in next week so it can have it's first race on the 5th. Starting with my own setup which is different then what I have seen so far. I will let you know how it works out. Running and Orion 6.5T with and R10 Pro. Looking forward to getting this thing on the track.
Kalgard / Epic Cameras / SMX Optics / Heavenly Hobbies
RShockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #725
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Amain has them in stock for those still looking.
BRSracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #726
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any idea when parts will become more available?
Kalgard / Epic Cameras / SMX Optics / Heavenly Hobbies
RShockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #727
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Stormer Hobbies:

For those that asked,

All XB4 back orders filled and shipped Today 27th.

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #728
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
pics up. http://www.teamsr.co/shop/item.asp?item=TSR262

Looking at the mounting holes, I think some aluminum towers will be best, or a camber link plate ghetto style like the dex210's.
We had 2 Xb4s at the track tonight, first runs on both.

I broke the front bulkhead, where the tower mounts to it.

The other driver broke his rear shock tower at the camber link.

After thinking about it, after I had built the car. I remembered how hard it was to put the ball cups on. I needed pliers almost. I think one of the problems with the towers are that the ball cups are so damn strong. Instead of just popping off the tower is taking all the abuse. When the driver picked up his broken rear tower the ballcup was still attached.

Let me know what you guys think.
CarlCrocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:03 AM   #729
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

b44.1/2 towers are 3mm. The ball cups break on the b44.1/2 though. Are these impacts very large wrecks or mild taps on board or pipe. At first I was writing it off as unimportant. Now this has become a real issue. This is not what I expect from Xray.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:13 AM   #730
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default first day out.

first day out guys. buggy is awesome coming from a b44.2. steering o my more than u could ever want and suspension is better to me than kyosho. i went with 40 front ae oil 35 rear ae oil stock pistons moved rear shocks to innner hole on the arm and 20 ride height front and rear. m4 proline subs rear aka rebar front proline foam all around. The bad. broken rear tower at camber link. well when i let someone else drive it it broke quality bite xray here cups do not pop off on hard impact tower takes all the force that is why they break. not cuz they are 3mm. i bet the 4mm will do the same also. i am making a brace tom if i get a chance i will post it. weakest link has to break that is the tower for now. when i make the brace. i willl let u know how it goes. i seen a front diff case break also. i had the striped gear problem in rear. but caught mine just in time. it had just started too. all i did was shim both crown gears out with smallest shim i had .1 mm i think, i know xray says do not do it. but when i did it fixed my almost stripped out gears. did not have a problem after that. other then the small problems i had. car was SO GOOD OMG!!!! the people that drove it and seem to all agreed! i race on a us indoor half clay mix track. with bigger jumps. it handled the jumps like no other car. i am excited about the car. the 2 maybe 3 problem parts with the car. i think for first run car no big deal and also great job xray. cuz 3 lil problems towers gears and diff case easy fix. i am impressed for thier first 1/10 off road. no i have no sponsor by xray i am not good enough lol. i just think they did a really good job. i know some people say it should be perfect first round out. just not how it happens guys i don't care who makes the car. keep u all updated on any new finds or mods i do.
mixedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:19 AM   #731
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default ball cups tower

they broke on a wreck that would normally pop a cup off. would not say hard but the weight of the car all landed on one side of the car on a minor jump. cups are just xray top notch. so they dont pop when they really should. but good and bad. they are good cuz they don't but for us not so perfect ever lap guys. it makes a problem. but the guy that broke mine is one of the top # drivers at our track. lol imagine that!
mixedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #732
Tech Rookie

My front bulkhead also broke the first night at the track. only place I found one in stock was on ebay. Probably 2-3 weeks delivery.
AlekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:23 AM   #733
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedguy View Post
first day out guys. buggy is awesome coming from a b44.2. steering o my more than u could ever want and suspension is better to me than kyosho. i went with 40 front ae oil 35 rear ae oil stock pistons moved rear shocks to innner hole on the arm and 20 ride height front and rear. m4 proline subs rear aka rebar front proline foam all around. The bad. broken rear tower at camber link. well when i let someone else drive it it broke quality bite xray here cups do not pop off on hard impact tower takes all the force that is why they break. not cuz they are 3mm. i bet the 4mm will do the same also. i am making a brace tom if i get a chance i will post it. weakest link has to break that is the tower for now. when i make the brace. i willl let u know how it goes. i seen a front diff case break also. i had the striped gear problem in rear. but caught mine just in time. it had just started too. all i did was shim both crown gears out with smallest shim i had .1 mm i think, i know xray says do not do it. but when i did it fixed my almost stripped out gears. did not have a problem after that. other then the small problems i had. car was SO GOOD OMG!!!! the people that drove it and seem to all agreed! i race on a us indoor half clay mix track. with bigger jumps. it handled the jumps like no other car. i am excited about the car. the 2 maybe 3 problem parts with the car. i think for first run car no big deal and also great job xray. cuz 3 lil problems towers gears and diff case easy fix. i am impressed for thier first 1/10 off road. no i have no sponsor by xray i am not good enough lol. i just think they did a really good job. i know some people say it should be perfect first round out. just not how it happens guys i don't care who makes the car. keep u all updated on any new finds or mods i do.
Is this your first xray? Because they have unmatched quality(usually). The 3 problem areas are major ares. Not like a servo saver or rear hinge pin. Xray is known for quality. Everyday in this thread people are breaking towers and bulkheads. If it cant make it through a race. I have no use for it.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:25 AM   #734
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekB View Post
My front bulkhead also broke the first night at the track. only place I found one in stock was on ebay. Probably 2-3 weeks delivery.
This is getting rediculous
Old 12-28-2012, 03:29 AM   #735
Tech Elite

Watching usps tracking for a car that will probably break first day at the track. Wonderful.....Guess I'll be keeping the v3 dingo a little longer.