Xray XB4 thread

You're on Page 488 of 840
Go to
  • Quote: So after only 3 days of running my car I've noticed that the driveshaft pins show considerable wear. I've read that they do wear fast but I didn't expect it to be this fast. How often are you guys replacing the pins? Or rather, at what point should I replace the pins? I understand its cheaper to replace pins than outdrives but only after 3 days of running seems excessive to me. Are there any ways to prolong the life of the pins?
    Whoa, that's not right. My '13 I have ran 25-30 races, and I only replaced my pins this winter. The centre cvd's were the worst, but still usable. 3 race days though?
  • Quote: So after only 3 days of running my car I've noticed that the driveshaft pins show considerable wear. I've read that they do wear fast but I didn't expect it to be this fast. How often are you guys replacing the pins? Or rather, at what point should I replace the pins? I understand its cheaper to replace pins than outdrives but only after 3 days of running seems excessive to me. Are there any ways to prolong the life of the pins?
    Did you put any grease on them?
  • Quote: Whoa, that's not right. My '13 I have ran 25-30 races, and I only replaced my pins this winter. The centre cvd's were the worst, but still usable. 3 race days though?
    Quote: Did you put any grease on them?
    I'll try to take a picture and post.

I don't grease the pins and outdrives. Only the cvd portion. Instructions don't state to grease them either. Am I suppose to? I'd imagine it would just fling off and/or attract dirt.
  • Quote: The zero offset 12mm hexes are not for B5/KYO offset rims, the axle barely has enough threads. They will work with 22 style perfectly though. The +1.5 is real close to stock and the +2.25 is a touch wider with B5/KYO style rims.

GSHobby has 1 or 2 center diffs in stock for the guys looking. Call 479-648-1994 I don't think they are on their website.
    Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
    Sounds like you need to turn your current limiter and brakes down to me
  • Quote: I'll try to take a picture and post.

I don't grease the pins and outdrives. Only the cvd portion. Instructions don't state to grease them either. Am I suppose to? I'd imagine it would just fling off and/or attract dirt.
    The instructions say to grease the pins and outdrives. I use a lube called white lightning made for bicycle chains. It's actually not dry but waxy and doesn't attract dirt or fling off.
  • Quote: The instructions say to grease the pins and outdrives. I use a lube called white lightning made for bicycle chains. It's actually not dry but waxy and doesn't attract dirt or fling off.
    +1 if he does use grease it does not take much.
  • Quote: The instructions say to grease the pins and outdrives. I use a lube called white lightning made for bicycle chains. It's actually not dry but waxy and doesn't attract dirt or fling off.
    Thanks! I must've missed this step in my build too.
  • Quote: Sounds like you need to turn your current limiter and brakes down to me
    NO.. The outdrives and pins suck.. turn down your brakes is a lame response for poor outdrives.

Look at a D413 to compare.. They show NO signs of use, after 5x the drive time. ..
  • Quote: NO.. The outdrives and pins suck.. turn down your brakes is a lame response for poor outdrives.

Look at a D413 to compare.. They show NO signs of use, after 5x the drive time. ..
    Little grease always helps. I've had mine since launch(UK) and I'm still on all original drivetrain. The pins are marked on mine but perfectly useable. I will change them soon. It's been used 1/2 times a week and it's been driven hard. I don't hit things too much but it's really been hammered. Look after things and service the car regularly and its gonna last for ages.
  • All I have to say it look at a HB outdrives.. They Win..

We have a better car overall. They have much better outdrives. NO COMPARISON.
  • Anyone call rcamerica to see when they will shipping the free replacement?
  • So as for switching hexes from 14mm to 12mm, I was going to order from amain the xrays , however they are on backorder. So I went to my local hobbyshop and bought a ton of different size plastic ones( not running just for fittment). So I came up with proline pro2 rear aluminum clamping hexes for the rear and scte hexes for the front. This give me stock xray width with 12mm associated wheels.

http://www.prolineracing.com/perform...-clamping-hex/

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodID=LOSB3493
  • Quote: So as for switching hexes from 14mm to 12mm, I was going to order from amain the xrays , however they are on backorder. So I went to my local hobbyshop and bought a ton of different size plastic ones( not running just for fittment). So I came up with proline pro2 rear aluminum clamping hexes for the rear and scte hexes for the front. This give me stock xray width with 12mm associated wheels.

http://www.prolineracing.com/perform...-clamping-hex/

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodID=LOSB3493
    Nice find!
  • I used these on my scte . Same width and much cheaper...
    http://m.ebay.ca/itm/351326422748?nav=SEARC