R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree52Likes

Old 02-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #6976
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubst13 View Post
What would be really cool if Xray sent out the updated mounts to hobby shops that have kits on there shelves so when customers order a kit they already have the updated part instead of building it, then confirming it's the wrong mount, then having to contact Xray, then wait for the updated part to finish the build. Just my .02.
Yea, that's the position I'm in right now. I guess I'll have to race it with it being out of whack until I can submit my request and get the new part. Oh well, it's better than nothing I guess
Old 02-02-2015, 03:47 PM   #6977
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman77 View Post
I will call them.

thanks!
If you're that desperate you could get the composite one for the '14 for now. There are a few sets of shafts with them included on ebay....
Old 02-02-2015, 03:52 PM   #6978
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeasor View Post
Yea, that's the position I'm in right now. I guess I'll have to race it with it being out of whack until I can submit my request and get the new part. Oh well, it's better than nothing I guess
I was going to order this kit last week until I read all the reviews and found out about the rear brace issue. I'm glad Xray stepped up on the fix as they probably just saved a customer. I hope that future kits will come with the new mount though. I'll wait it out for a month or two and see if I get lucky lol.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:04 PM   #6979
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadaman View Post
Just get the new XB4 and I was looking at getting some advice.
I am going to purchase some Exotek 12mm hexes for front and rear. I was wondering what people are running with the Proline wheels? Do you need to get the 0 offset for the rear and the +1 offset for the front? I assume you need the 1 offset on the front as the Xray wheels look like they have a +1 offset built in to give the front a wider setup.
Can anyone help?
Dadaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:05 PM   #6980
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Got to love people power... And we'll done xray
www.modelflight.com.au
*ARCR* member
Dos Andos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #6981
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Can anyone help?
I have the exotek hexes front and rear. I use the 7mm wide ones in back. The offset when using kyosho front wheels and ae rear wheels looks the same as the stock hexes and wheels. Hope that answers your question.

Last edited by rcgod; 02-02-2015 at 05:48 PM.
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:42 PM   #6982
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Can anyone help?
I hope you get a good answer myself. I bought the Exotek XB4 12MM hex as well in hopes of using my B5M wheels. The hex on the XRay Aerodisk wheels are damn near flush to the outside of the wheel, while the B5M hex is centered inside the width of the wheel. When I measured the width with the B5M wheels, the front was 9.5mm wider than stock and the rear was 4.5mm wider than stock. At this point it doesn't pay for me to use them since I can't use my existing 12mm wheels/tires.
XRAY 17 XB4
Yokomo YZ-2 CA
Wease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:53 PM   #6983
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just wondering as I have upgraded my XB4 V2 to 2014 specs and I purchased and used the RR+2 hanger will I be able to get the revised hanger or will I have to buy it myself to have this changed. Also which side is out as I currently run a neutral rear end that is centred insert rf and the number 1 insert at rear straight so number is facing the up as it would be written [1]. So in order to get the correct amount of toe which inserts should I be using?
jprevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #6984
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wease View Post
I hope you get a good answer myself. I bought the Exotek XB4 12MM hex as well in hopes of using my B5M wheels. The hex on the XRay Aerodisk wheels are damn near flush to the outside of the wheel, while the B5M hex is centered inside the width of the wheel. When I measured the width with the B5M wheels, the front was 9.5mm wider than stock and the rear was 4.5mm wider than stock. At this point it doesn't pay for me to use them since I can't use my existing 12mm wheels/tires.
Sounds like you got the 9mm wide rear hexes. Exotek came out with 7mm wide which puts the width in spec. Not sure what wheels the wide hexes were for.
The front 12mm hexes are for kyosho wheels and the 9.5mm are for b44 wheels. B5 wheels won't work as you found out.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:21 PM   #6985
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Just get the new XB4 and I was looking at getting some advice.
I am going to purchase some Exotek 12mm hexes for front and rear. I was wondering what people are running with the Proline wheels? Do you need to get the 0 offset for the rear and the +1 offset for the front? I assume you need the 1 offset on the front as the Xray wheels look like they have a +1 offset built in to give the front a wider setup.
I'm using JC #2339 front adaptors which require Kyosho front wheels and the JC #2340 rear adaptors which use the B5 rear wheels.

The track width was the same on the front and the rear was about under 1mm narrower (closer to half a mm). These measurements were taken with Proline 2.4 wheels.