Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Old 02-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ducky162
Love my 2015, don't care about the mis machining. Don't run mismatched inserts. I mean at the end of the day if you don't want to own or drive the buggy that's fine to. More parts avalability for the rest of us. Some of you just sound petty, yes it's a pricey car, yes we should expect more from Hudy in terms of quality. but it happened. I had a 2014, drive awesome and straight same with 2015.

Also had a customer in the hobby shop wanting an xray xb4 but because of this whole BS he was about to back out. I let him run a pack threw my box stock car and he ordered One before he left. My car is off .48mm in the rear and you can see it clear as day. But can't tell driving it. But it's a tank. Easy to drive. High quality everywhere else on the car. So keep complaining, I'll just keep having fun.

-Ducky

Just imagine how good the car would be if it wasn't off lol!
Old 02-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Love my 2015, don't care about the mis machining. Don't run mismatched inserts. I mean at the end of the day if you don't want to own or drive the buggy that's fine to. More parts avalability for the rest of us. Some of you just sound petty, yes it's a pricey car, yes we should expect more from Hudy in terms of quality. but it happened. I had a 2014, drive awesome and straight same with 2015.

Also had a customer in the hobby shop wanting an xray xb4 but because of this whole BS he was about to back out. I let him run a pack threw my box stock car and he ordered One before he left. My car is off .48mm in the rear and you can see it clear as day. But can't tell driving it. But it's a tank. Easy to drive. High quality everywhere else on the car. So keep complaining, I'll just keep having fun.

-Ducky
Ignorance is bliss. Do me a favor and put me on your ignore list. I'll do the same. Wouldn't want any "petty" information to ruin your love of your crooked car. LMAO.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

-Ducky
To each his own I guess, but there are many people who appreciate all these "petty" efforts(I garantee there are plenty of team drivers who would thank us if they could).
This is my first 1/10 4wd buggy, and I raced my car today for the third time,
So far I ran:
zero/matched inserts the first week-just barely made the A main,

mismatched only one side by .5 deg last week-finished mid pack in the A main

mismatched both sides for 1 full degree today-2nd place in the A main, and the car felt the best so far.

I am still having fun, as a matter of fact by my calculations I am having precisely one full degree more fun than you
But surely you won't sink so low as actually trying this, you should just keep running it as is and wonder why your tires wear so fast.

For those that care- Today I ran .5 deg down/middle in both sides of the RF, with .5 deg down/in on the right and .5 deg down/out on the left of the RR, for about 3 deg toe(ON EACH SIDE!!!!), and the .5 deg down roll center.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Sweet Kevin,

So with the way you laid out the hanger inserts today resulted in 3 degree rear toe. Thanks for the info and work. Having to configure the inserts in such a crazy manner really can be confusing. This is nice to hear. How much were you off with this set up.

Thanks again Kevin much appreciated as this info will help many from having to spend tons of time playing Rubix cube, thus only to find out there rear end is crazier than previous attempt with the hanger inserts. Great work,
Old 02-01-2015, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
Sweet Kevin,

So with the way you laid out the hanger inserts today resulted in 3 degree rear toe. Thanks for the info and work. Having to configure the inserts in such a crazy manner really can be confusing. This is nice to hear. How much were you off with this set up.

Thanks again Kevin much appreciated as this info will help many from having to spend tons of time playing Rubix cube, thus only to find out there rear end is crazier than previous attempt with the hanger inserts. Great work,
I do not have the precision equipment to measure this like Rcgod has, but according to everything he has measured, and from what I can measure and see, this setup should be pretty darn close to 3 deg, and close enough to even that I certainly wouldn't notice anything, in fact it should now be within the .1-.2 deg tolerance that they mentioned in another reply. There are a few other combinations one could configure to achieve something close to even, but this is close to what I was shooting for.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Interesting new parts on Martin Bayer's 4WD at this weekends EOS in Berlin!

Chassis: Xray XB4 2015
Motor: LRP
ESC: LRP
Batteries: LRP
Radio/Servo: Futaba/Savox
Remarks – The Czech driver is running a new 3mm chassis on his 4wd buggy here in Berlin. The chassis, meant to be used on high traction surfaces, will be soon available as an option part. His car also features 12° aluminum caster blocks and aluminium rear uprights.

New front c/f X brace and aluminum steering bridge with additional ackerman positions.

No top decks needed when you run an optional 3mm chassis!

Not running any offset in the rear bushings

Last edited by HeavyD99; 02-06-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Just get the new XB4 and I was looking at getting some advice.
I am going to purchase some Exotek 12mm hexes for front and rear. I was wondering what people are running with the Proline wheels? Do you need to get the 0 offset for the rear and the +1 offset for the front? I assume you need the 1 offset on the front as the Xray wheels look like they have a +1 offset built in to give the front a wider setup.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Thanks again Kevin and RCGOD as your diligence has provide a nice solution. I mean a temporary solution as most would like the issue fixed with either aftermarket hangers developed by someone or X Ray producing new hangers. Thus being able to use inserts easily and not having to spend time that could be used driving instead of playing which insert where and which insert there.

Again much appreciated. RCGOD give me a call tom or I will call you after work. Hope everyone is having a great evening wether your watching the Super Bowl, wrenching on RC,
or just relaxing.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
Interesting new parts on Martin Bayer's 4WD at this weekends EOS in Berlin!

Chassis: Xray XB4 2015
Motor: LRP
ESC: LRP
Batteries: LRP
Radio/Servo: Futaba/Savox
Remarks – The Czech driver is running a new 3mm chassis on his 4wd buggy here in Berlin. The chassis, meant to be used on high traction surfaces, will be soon available as an option part. His car also features 12° aluminum caster blocks and aluminium rear uprights.

New front c/f sorta "mini" top deck and aluminum steering bridge with additional ackerman positions.

No (traditional) full length top decks!

No offset rear bushings

I'm still trying to workout what the brace is for next to the fan and how it is attached?
Old 02-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

It looks like the side pods are made from a different material. They could be the new 'hard' ones.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

I think that black bit by the motor might simply be for weight bias?
Old 02-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

If anyone out there with a '15 has decided that they'll stick with a center diff and want to sell their slipper let me know!
Old 02-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
If anyone out there with a '15 has decided that they'll stick with a center diff and want to sell their slipper let me know!
I have two.. Pm me..

That rear sway bar, 6 dot!

And a fan on a 5.5.. I feel slow now.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boz
I'm still trying to workout what the brace is for next to the fan and how it is attached?
It's the yokomo rear weight for the B-max4 III. If there gonna try so hard to make the car look like the yoke they might as well use there weights too lol.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi all
i bough an used xb4 2wd
i have a question
on the back
the RR alluminium piece (dunno name in english, think hinge pins)
i have RR +2 gold piece
it is an option?(i see black and no +2 in photos) what +2 is for?
thanks all

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.