R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree39Likes

Old 01-31-2015, 02:33 PM   #6916
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Good work Toenz! Looks like the consumers are doing all the work. It would be nice to have a temp. fix better than the kits hangers. Thus someone is likely to make a new custom set but that obviously would take some time. If XRay wanted to the could push correct hangers in no time.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:29 PM   #6917
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

COME ON XRAY FIX MY RR+2 ON MY
XB4
Attached Thumbnails
Xray XB4 thread-image.jpg  

Last edited by TPR 1; 01-31-2015 at 08:13 PM.
TPR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:06 PM   #6918
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Got the team c toe block today. A little dremel work and it fits see photos for where to dremel. Just eyeballing it the width is about 1mm narrower and height is .5 lower. I'll take some measurements at work and let you guys know what inserts to use. The xray inserts fit but are a little looser than the xray ones. Not enough to cause slop but probably will get some slop after a while. If you're going to get the toe block I would get the team c inserts too. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hktqwtker...fKkBQ2mga?dl=0
Old 01-31-2015, 09:32 PM   #6919
Tech Elite

The inserts for the team c block are to4139 but can't find them. If anyone can please post a link.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:45 AM   #6920
Uga
Tech Regular

This does look bad for Xray, but frankly I wouldn't even have noticed unless all the fuss in this thread. And for those, who are looking into buying Team C or other manufacturers brace as a "temporary fix" until Xray makes it right - why would you invest in that when the obvious temporary fix is just to use different inserts on each side..?
-=Awesomatix A800X=-
Racing in Latvia
Uga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:54 AM   #6921
Tech Initiate

Uga:
I agree, easy temporary fix is to mismatch with different inserts.
Cost is $0

Last edited by Bonanza73; 02-01-2015 at 10:30 AM.
Bonanza73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:43 AM   #6922
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just got the Team C brace. My suggestion is don't waste your time with it. The dimension differences had me on the fence about it already, but now seeing that the Xray inserts fit so loosely I doubt I'll even use it. If anybody wants it lmk, I paid $25 shipped and I would send it out for the same. Otherwise I just bough a part I won't use for a car I don't own. Too bad, 'cause the orange anodizing would have gone well with the rest of my car.

The problem with running mismatched inserts on the stock brace is that you are very limited in the angles you can run in each roll center position, but that's the best option thus far IMO, unless somebody finds a brace that locates the inserts a bit closer to where they were intended to be.

Last edited by kevinpratt823; 02-01-2015 at 05:00 AM.
kevinpratt823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:57 AM   #6923
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

For all the people saying stuff to minimize this, such as "All the team drivers have been running it", or I didn't notice any problem" etc........I get where you're coming from, BUT-

Again, I challenge you to take any other car with a setup you are comfortable and familiar with, and mismatch the rear inserts to throw the toe off one full degree and touch nothing else, then see if you notice the problem.

Or, mismatch the inserts on this car, say .5 deg in on right and .5 deg out on left to even it out, run the car and get comfortable with it, THEN go back to the zero/matched inserts and see if you notice it.

At the very least you are going to see a major change in steering trim right off the bat, but being aware of it and now having a good frame of reference you are likely to notice it throughout each lap, especially in certain areas.

I am curious to see if we ever get any pics of team drivers mismatching inserts now, but I wouldn't be surprised if a message from Xray already went out saying that anybody seen or photographed running mismatched inserts will be dropped or penalized in some other way..............
Old 02-01-2015, 06:55 AM   #6924
Tech Regular

I am looking at getting back into 4wd Offroad and am looking at this car due to running their touring cars. The rear hinge pin carrier is a little weird being machined off center. I did find this picture of Martin Bayer's car taken today at the EOS.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:38 AM   #6925
Tech Master

Team C inserts can be bought from EvoHobbies. The mounting holes on the s104 hangers unfortunately are a tad off from the XB4. Looks like the best option is mismatching inserts as discovered by the other fellas. Seems that's the best avenue until aftermarket hangers are made or XRAY supplying revised versions.

Kevin throw that hanger on the TM4 thread as I am sure it will sell quickly. Props to both Kevin's for their efforts in trying to find a solution for everyone. Many would not share their resources in hopes of benefiting all. This is highly respected.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:39 AM   #6926
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
The 44.3 is a joke. I also had that car. Even with the toe off the car is fantastic! There will be a fix for the rear suspension holder. I wouldn't let that stop you from buying the car.
+1,000,000,000,000 ! My 2015 may be off in the rear, but it's stone cold dialed! I keep thinking the car can't get any better, but after this weekend I stand corrected. This car is just cheating
XRAY 17 XB4
Yokomo YZ-2 CA
Wease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:43 AM   #6927
Tech Elite

The xray inserts aren't sloppy in the team c hanger imo, they just aren't a press fit like the xray ones are. I'll order the team c inserts but in the mean time run the xray inserts. I think a dab of shoe goo will keep them from getting sloppy over time if anyone wants to try them.

I'll run in to work today and take some measurements on the new hanger and post it up.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:52 AM   #6928
Tech Master

EvoHobbies or Evolution Hobbies forTeam C Inserts. Also RCShoxx may have them
Old 02-01-2015, 11:04 AM   #6929
Tech Adept

Love my 2015, don't care about the mis machining. Don't run mismatched inserts. I mean at the end of the day if you don't want to own or drive the buggy that's fine to. More parts avalability for the rest of us. Some of you just sound petty, yes it's a pricey car, yes we should expect more from Hudy in terms of quality. but it happened. I had a 2014, drive awesome and straight same with 2015.

Also had a customer in the hobby shop wanting an xray xb4 but because of this whole BS he was about to back out. I let him run a pack threw my box stock car and he ordered One before he left. My car is off .48mm in the rear and you can see it clear as day. But can't tell driving it. But it's a tank. Easy to drive. High quality everywhere else on the car. So keep complaining, I'll just keep having fun.

-Ducky
Ducky162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:12 AM   #6930
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpratt823 View Post
For all the people saying stuff to minimize this, such as "All the team drivers have been running it", or I didn't notice any problem" etc........I get where you're coming from, BUT-

Again, I challenge you to take any other car with a setup you are comfortable and familiar with, and mismatch the rear inserts to throw the toe off one full degree and touch nothing else, then see if you notice the problem.

Or, mismatch the inserts on this car, say .5 deg in on right and .5 deg out on left to even it out, run the car and get comfortable with it, THEN go back to the zero/matched inserts and see if you notice it.

At the very least you are going to see a major change in steering trim right off the bat, but being aware of it and now having a good frame of reference you are likely to notice it throughout each lap, especially in certain areas.

I am curious to see if we ever get any pics of team drivers mismatching inserts now, but I wouldn't be surprised if a message from Xray already went out saying that anybody seen or photographed running mismatched inserts will be dropped or penalized in some other way..............
O I'll bet the house that they sent emails out to all the team drivers as I have seen a quote from one of them saying that "there car was on point and loving it" and then someone asked about the rear holders and his response was "we all know what happened and I'm just not going to go down that road" basically not talking about it. I'm sure there is a reason why he isn't talking about it lol.

Overall like I've said before, I've had all the cars out for alittle testing and the xray is by far the best car avil. But sometimes there are other factors that play into picking a car other then how it drives.. With xray not willing to even admit there is a issue is something that really burns my butt. For now I'll wait and see what happens and hope they fix it because if they don't I can't say I'll be buying another xray car.
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote