R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree36Likes

Old 01-28-2015, 05:38 PM   #6856
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wease View Post
While it seems you guys have found a legitimate issue and from measuring my 2015, it appears the ride side of my rear hanger is .5mm wider than the left . . . I will say that I never noticed a performance issue with my car. In fact, I've owned a 2013 and 2x 2014 and my 2015 is the best of them all. My 2015 feels incredible. I'm not saying you guys shouldn't complain, but I absolutely love the way my car performs on the track.
It can be better. Even just by switching the inserts around to even it up mine felt better overall.

I used to think my eyesight was great, I never noticed a performance issue with it. Then somebody realized I couldn't read things that weren't very far away which they had no problem with. I went to the eye doctor and couldn't believe what happened when he tried some different lenses, I had no idea that my eyes were so bad because it was all I knew.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:42 PM   #6857
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by masin14 View Post
I'm motor sure if this has been discussed yet or not but are the brass rear holders also offset?
I don't think anybody has confirmed with measurements, but most of us agreed they certainly appear to be by looking at Amain's picture, but I'm certainly not giving them $62 to find out.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:14 PM   #6858
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
That's his carpet set up.

Actually Bayer really likes his +2 RR hanger and the chassis spacer - he used it and won the Euro outdoor offroad race back in 2013 I think - Valloioide?. Check for photos on petitrc set up section...the set up sheet says he's using the standard '13 RR hanger, but the photos show another, at the time prototype RR+2 hanger being used.

Nice find as well on the Team C hanger, but dang, they're $33! I thought Xray was supposed to be the expensive brand, lol. I'd like to see one mounted up as well with the bushings and confirmed on the CMM...looks good though!

D.
I ordered on from eBay today $24 shipped. When I get it I'll take some measurements on the CMM.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:18 PM   #6859
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpratt823 View Post
It can be better. Even just by switching the inserts around to even it up mine felt better overall.

I used to think my eyesight was great, I never noticed a performance issue with it. Then somebody realized I couldn't read things that weren't very far away which they had no problem with. I went to the eye doctor and couldn't believe what happened when he tried some different lenses, I had no idea that my eyes were so bad because it was all I knew.

Are your lap times better or is just a physiological thing now?

Great to hear about your eyes.
Powered by Nosram motors and FX engines.
Many thanks to HEI and Perth RC for their support over the years.
Boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:29 PM   #6860
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I'll be scanning the hanger tonight. If anyone wants the points cloud pm me and I'll send it to you. Unfortunately our software only outputs in .csv format but it should work with most cad software.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:49 PM   #6861
Tech Master

This is a pretty stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway. I'm browsing through the manual before I build the 2015 kit and I plan on building it with the shorty pack configuration. At what page do I go to until I turn to page 39? It seems like the manual kind of jumps around quite a bit. or do I use pages 39-44 to replace the steps through out the build?

Thanks for any input!

edit: nevermind. I figured it out after I read the, "follow the supplementary instructions starting on page 39 (using parts from Bag 09)." I'll just print out a copy of the manual instead of flipping back and forth through the pages and highlight when I need to refer to the supplementary instructions.

Last edited by skeasor; 01-28-2015 at 07:17 PM.
skeasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:29 PM   #6862
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

If anyone is looking for a center diff pm me. I have a brand new one and cant use it. It never had oil in it yet. PM me.

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:21 AM   #6863
Tech Regular

Does anyone know where to get the 81 mm front drive shaft? I cant find it on Amain or anywhere else.
blwaz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:23 AM   #6864
Tech Master

If anyone has a Center diff for sale I'm needing one asap.. rcamerica has lied to me 3 times about arrival date on one. Text me at 8708781302. Thank You. Needing it by next Wednesday.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:01 AM   #6865
Tech Master

I have a question in regards to setting the slipper clutch. I read back around page 380 or so (can't remember exactly) and someone else asked the same question but it somehow turned into a heated discussion. Anyway, it's my first 4wd buggy and I was wondering the best way to adjust the slipper clutch and what is a good starting point? I generally do the, 'hold both rear wheel down and blip the throttle' to see how far the front end lifts off the ground to start with then fine tune it at the track. I'm assuming this isn't possible with 4wd. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2015, 10:03 AM   #6866
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeasor View Post
I have a question in regards to setting the slipper clutch. I read back around page 380 or so (can't remember exactly) and someone else asked the same question but it somehow turned into a heated discussion. Anyway, it's my first 4wd buggy and I was wondering the best way to adjust the slipper clutch and what is a good starting point? I generally do the, 'hold both rear wheel down and blip the throttle' to see how far the front end lifts off the ground to start with then fine tune it at the track. I'm assuming this isn't possible with 4wd. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Tyler Vik in a previous post in this thread stated he adjusts the slipper in the same way you described.

**** "Luxury" ****
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:06 AM   #6867
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchogfan View Post
If anyone has a Center diff for sale I'm needing one asap.. rcamerica has lied to me 3 times about arrival date on one. Text me at 8708781302. Thank You. Needing it by next Wednesday.
Have you try LHS I order mine from LHS took about 1 week.
spu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:09 PM   #6868
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

May I ask what is LHS?
Iketruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #6869
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iketruman View Post
May I ask what is LHS?
Local Hobby Shop...
masin14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:27 PM   #6870
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchogfan View Post
Did you contact Raul Garcia? He posted 2 posts before yours looking to sell one.