Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
@Kevin, is there a chance that your gear diff out drives are not deep enough? Looking at the '15 manual, those out drives are part number 364960, but the out drives for the new center diff are 364970, I am not sure how they are different, but perhaps they are not as shallow, and you got a set of them mistakenly? Just a thought. Perhaps a measurement of the out drives from end to the inside of the cup. Your issue is still making me shake my head and I need it resolved, lol.
I measured the depth of the notches along with Bryan @ RCAmerica on the phone, they were the same as what he had within reason. I did dremel them a bit deeper though in case I do any modding that actually allows me to use the inner positions.

Interesting about the different part # for the center diff outdrives. On Amain the pic of the fr/rear outdrives have no grease groove, but the ones in the kit do. I actually built my center diff with a regular diff, and just bought the adapter and gear on Amain and it is fine, so I don't know what the difference is, maybe the actual center diff outdrives are shorter as they wouldn't need to be as long, can anybody confirm that has the actual center diff set?
Old 01-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

XRAY should pick up Jorn. On carpet/astro he's practically invincible.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TPR 1
Is Xray going to do anything for the 15 customers who have to use a .5 insert and a 0 insert on the RR hinge pin brace to get even toe on the rear ? This cannot
be how the buggy was designed.
In case you haven't been following along, Xray won't even acknowledge that there is a problem, so I would say no, as of now they are not going to do anything for the '15 owners, or the '14 owners for that matter, as they appear to have the same issue.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My comment was more of a "who paid to send him to the race" when he has no team funding(or does he?) - he is definitely worthy to be invited there as a Euro Champ like you said.

I'm really disappointed Bayer was not there.
Ok, sorry, read something different into your comment.

Totally agree
Old 01-26-2015, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I did a search and didn't find this info, are the left front and right front suspension arms interchangable or are they different(2013 XB4)? Same for the rear arms?
Thanks
Old 01-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by prosport
I did a search and didn't find this info, are the left front and right front suspension arms interchangable or are they different(2013 XB4)? Same for the rear arms?
Thanks
I can't confirm on the '13, but fronts are on the '15, rears are not, because of the gullwing design.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I spectated the Reedy race and was surprised Xray did not attend, at all, considering to get an invite you just have to place in the a-main of a number of qualifying EU championship races. There were a number of privateer kids (yes like 10yo!) that were racing head to head with world champs in invite at Reedy!
But the issue may be that the Reedy race crowns the winner by combining 2wd and 4wd points. Xray would score big in 4wd no doubt but are not quite ready to score needed points in 2wd on a dirt track... A bit of a no win situation (right now) for Xray.

And I received the email regarding the rear hanger situation... something we could look into but it will not be a quickly made part for us as we have our plates pretty full with other projects and its production. Sorry guys.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kevinpratt823
I can't confirm on the '13, but fronts are on the '15, rears are not, because of the gullwing design.
'13, '14 and '15 car the fronts are interchangeable left to right.
None of the cars have interchangeable rear arms left to right.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikeR
I spectated the Reedy race and was surprised Xray did not attend, at all, considering to get an invite you just have to place in the a-main of a number of qualifying EU championship races. There were a number of privateer kids (yes like 10yo!) that were racing head to head with world champs in invite at Reedy!
But the issue may be that the Reedy race crowns the winner by combining 2wd and 4wd points. Xray would score big in 4wd no doubt but are not quite ready to score needed points in 2wd on a dirt track... A bit of a no win situation (right now) for Xray.

And I received the email regarding the rear hanger situation... something we could look into but it will not be a quickly made part for us as we have our plates pretty full with other projects and its production. Sorry guys.
Well, those kids both qualified for the a-main at the European championship, and one of them got fourth place, so it is not like it is just any major European race...
Old 01-26-2015, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by GregerL
Well, those kids both qualified for the a-main at the European championship, and one of them got fourth place, so it is not like it is just any major European race...
Yes quite a feat and no doubt EXTREMELY talented but my point was that you did not have to win a major race which someone had asked earlier...
Old 01-26-2015, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

So just so I understand, my '13 RR block is off set by +0.50mm on the right side. This means the right side has approx a half degree more of toe in? So to fix this I need to use a 0.5 bushing pointing out wards, on the left side, and a "zero" or centered bushing on the right side to even both sides? Can I go 1 degree out side on the left and 0.5 degree to the right out wards? I had been running 1's top outside corners like Bayer's set ups....which makes me think, if Bayer runs his with the same off set block, maybe we can as well? I mean, a little slop in the arms and hubs and they kinda change toe in anyhow, (look at an AE buggy, lol) maybe we're making a bigger deal out of this on the bench than in actual practice at the track?
Old 01-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GregerL
'13, '14 and '15 car the fronts are interchangeable left to right.
None of the cars have interchangeable rear arms left to right.

the 13 front is not the same as the 14/15 front.. It will fit, but not identical.

pics

https://www.facebook.com/2015XB4/pho...type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/2015XB4/pho...type=1&theater
Old 01-26-2015, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

So just so I understand, my '13 RR block is off set by +0.50mm on the right side. This means the right side has approx a half degree more of toe in? So to fix this I need to use a 0.5 bushing pointing out wards, on the left side, and a "zero" or centered bushing on the right side to even both sides? Can I go 1 degree out side on the left and 0.5 degree to the right out wards? I had been running 1's top outside corners like Bayer's set ups....which makes me think, if Bayer runs his with the same off set block, maybe we can as well? I mean, a little slop in the arms and hubs and they kinda change toe in anyhow, (look at an AE buggy, lol) maybe we're making a bigger deal out of this on the bench than in actual practice at the track?
With zero inserts and the offset hanger, the right side toe is 3.5 and left side is 2.5
The only way to get back to 3.0 both sides is modify the inserts or xray stepping up and making the hanger right.

If you put a .5 out on the left side and 0 on right it's pretty close to 3.5 both sides. I haven't measured the inserts but someone here posted that .5 insert is .5 degrees not .5 mm. Or put the .5 in on right side and 0 on left side and it will be close to 2.5 deg per side.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Gotcha, thanks. I wasn't sure if the block was off set in such a way that it affected one side more than the other (left side is 3 degrees, the right side is 3.5 degrees) or both the sides the same like you described (2.5L & 3.5R).

I think somewhere in the manual it says that:
.5 insert = .375mm = .5 degrees
1 insert = .75mm = 1 degree
Old 01-26-2015, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcgod
With zero inserts and the offset hanger, the right side toe is 3.5 and left side is 2.5
The only way to get back to 3.0 both sides is modify the inserts or xray stepping up and making the hanger right.

If you put a .5 out on the left side and 0 on right it's pretty close to 3.5 both sides. I haven't measured the inserts but someone here posted that .5 insert is .5 degrees not .5 mm. Or put the .5 in on right side and 0 on left side and it will be close to 2.5 deg per side.
And there again we have that curious conflict of what the inserts say they do vs. the measurements you took. If zeros have them at 2.5/3.5, a .5 on the left should only change it to 3.0/3.5, but they seem very even with that setup, which according to your measure of the right arm in that position should be 3.5 deg.........can anybody get that setup on an accurate board and get an overall toe reading?.....
The book says that zeros should be 3 deg, so going with a .5 out on the left should have it at 3.25 deg total if they are even. I haven't tried it yet but I'll have to take a look at what happens when you go with a 1 deg out on the left, though I'm guessing it throws it back off with the left having more toe.

The book does say .5 deg=.375mm, 1 deg=.75mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.