R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree36Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2015, 01:28 PM   #6691
Tech Addict
 
kevinpratt823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canton, MA
Posts: 595
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
@Kevin, is there a chance that your gear diff out drives are not deep enough? Looking at the '15 manual, those out drives are part number 364960, but the out drives for the new center diff are 364970, I am not sure how they are different, but perhaps they are not as shallow, and you got a set of them mistakenly? Just a thought. Perhaps a measurement of the out drives from end to the inside of the cup. Your issue is still making me shake my head and I need it resolved, lol.
I measured the depth of the notches along with Bryan @ RCAmerica on the phone, they were the same as what he had within reason. I did dremel them a bit deeper though in case I do any modding that actually allows me to use the inner positions.

Interesting about the different part # for the center diff outdrives. On Amain the pic of the fr/rear outdrives have no grease groove, but the ones in the kit do. I actually built my center diff with a regular diff, and just bought the adapter and gear on Amain and it is fine, so I don't know what the difference is, maybe the actual center diff outdrives are shorter as they wouldn't need to be as long, can anybody confirm that has the actual center diff set?
__________________
May you always hold your line, and keep the rubber side down.
My private track- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC3HpcDO4Ig
kevinpratt823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:31 PM   #6692
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: socal
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

XRAY should pick up Jorn. On carpet/astro he's practically invincible.
littleZEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:31 PM   #6693
Tech Addict
 
kevinpratt823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canton, MA
Posts: 595
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPR 1 View Post
Is Xray going to do anything for the 15 customers who have to use a .5 insert and a 0 insert on the RR hinge pin brace to get even toe on the rear ? This cannot
be how the buggy was designed.
In case you haven't been following along, Xray won't even acknowledge that there is a problem, so I would say no, as of now they are not going to do anything for the '15 owners, or the '14 owners for that matter, as they appear to have the same issue.
__________________
May you always hold your line, and keep the rubber side down.
My private track- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC3HpcDO4Ig
kevinpratt823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:54 PM   #6694
Tech Adept
 
GregerL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
My comment was more of a "who paid to send him to the race" when he has no team funding(or does he?) - he is definitely worthy to be invited there as a Euro Champ like you said.

I'm really disappointed Bayer was not there.
Ok, sorry, read something different into your comment.

Totally agree
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alexander Landén RC on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/alexanderlandenRC
GregerL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:24 PM   #6695
Tech Regular
 
prosport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Akron Ohio
Posts: 311
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I did a search and didn't find this info, are the left front and right front suspension arms interchangable or are they different(2013 XB4)? Same for the rear arms?
Thanks
prosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:33 PM   #6696
Tech Addict
 
kevinpratt823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canton, MA
Posts: 595
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosport View Post
I did a search and didn't find this info, are the left front and right front suspension arms interchangable or are they different(2013 XB4)? Same for the rear arms?
Thanks
I can't confirm on the '13, but fronts are on the '15, rears are not, because of the gullwing design.
__________________
May you always hold your line, and keep the rubber side down.
My private track- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC3HpcDO4Ig
kevinpratt823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:35 PM   #6697
Tech Champion
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 5,016
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I spectated the Reedy race and was surprised Xray did not attend, at all, considering to get an invite you just have to place in the a-main of a number of qualifying EU championship races. There were a number of privateer kids (yes like 10yo!) that were racing head to head with world champs in invite at Reedy!
But the issue may be that the Reedy race crowns the winner by combining 2wd and 4wd points. Xray would score big in 4wd no doubt but are not quite ready to score needed points in 2wd on a dirt track... A bit of a no win situation (right now) for Xray.

And I received the email regarding the rear hanger situation... something we could look into but it will not be a quickly made part for us as we have our plates pretty full with other projects and its production. Sorry guys.
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #6698
Tech Adept
 
GregerL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpratt823 View Post
I can't confirm on the '13, but fronts are on the '15, rears are not, because of the gullwing design.
'13, '14 and '15 car the fronts are interchangeable left to right.
None of the cars have interchangeable rear arms left to right.
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alexander Landén RC on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/alexanderlandenRC
GregerL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:54 PM   #6699
Tech Adept
 
GregerL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
I spectated the Reedy race and was surprised Xray did not attend, at all, considering to get an invite you just have to place in the a-main of a number of qualifying EU championship races. There were a number of privateer kids (yes like 10yo!) that were racing head to head with world champs in invite at Reedy!
But the issue may be that the Reedy race crowns the winner by combining 2wd and 4wd points. Xray would score big in 4wd no doubt but are not quite ready to score needed points in 2wd on a dirt track... A bit of a no win situation (right now) for Xray.

And I received the email regarding the rear hanger situation... something we could look into but it will not be a quickly made part for us as we have our plates pretty full with other projects and its production. Sorry guys.
Well, those kids both qualified for the a-main at the European championship, and one of them got fourth place, so it is not like it is just any major European race...
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alexander Landén RC on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/alexanderlandenRC
GregerL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:25 PM   #6700
Tech Champion
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 5,016
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregerL View Post
Well, those kids both qualified for the a-main at the European championship, and one of them got fourth place, so it is not like it is just any major European race...
Yes quite a feat and no doubt EXTREMELY talented but my point was that you did not have to win a major race which someone had asked earlier...
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:56 PM   #6701
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 878
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

So just so I understand, my '13 RR block is off set by +0.50mm on the right side. This means the right side has approx a half degree more of toe in? So to fix this I need to use a 0.5 bushing pointing out wards, on the left side, and a "zero" or centered bushing on the right side to even both sides? Can I go 1 degree out side on the left and 0.5 degree to the right out wards? I had been running 1's top outside corners like Bayer's set ups....which makes me think, if Bayer runs his with the same off set block, maybe we can as well? I mean, a little slop in the arms and hubs and they kinda change toe in anyhow, (look at an AE buggy, lol) maybe we're making a bigger deal out of this on the bench than in actual practice at the track?
__________________
Daragh Slowey
22-4 2.0/R10/Scorpion5.5/S6040/Nosram shorty
B5R/R10/LRP8.5/1258TGBlk/Nosram shorty
EB48SL/RX8/TekinT8i/Hitec7599/SMC4500(4S)
Grasshopper/Tekin FX/Twister 27T/FutabaS9551/Speed power
HeavyD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:44 PM   #6702
Tech Addict
 
MaricopaAgent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Maricopa, Az
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregerL View Post
'13, '14 and '15 car the fronts are interchangeable left to right.
None of the cars have interchangeable rear arms left to right.

the 13 front is not the same as the 14/15 front.. It will fit, but not identical.

pics

https://www.facebook.com/2015XB4/pho...type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/2015XB4/pho...type=1&theater
MaricopaAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #6703
Tech Elite
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
So just so I understand, my '13 RR block is off set by +0.50mm on the right side. This means the right side has approx a half degree more of toe in? So to fix this I need to use a 0.5 bushing pointing out wards, on the left side, and a "zero" or centered bushing on the right side to even both sides? Can I go 1 degree out side on the left and 0.5 degree to the right out wards? I had been running 1's top outside corners like Bayer's set ups....which makes me think, if Bayer runs his with the same off set block, maybe we can as well? I mean, a little slop in the arms and hubs and they kinda change toe in anyhow, (look at an AE buggy, lol) maybe we're making a bigger deal out of this on the bench than in actual practice at the track?
With zero inserts and the offset hanger, the right side toe is 3.5 and left side is 2.5
The only way to get back to 3.0 both sides is modify the inserts or xray stepping up and making the hanger right.

If you put a .5 out on the left side and 0 on right it's pretty close to 3.5 both sides. I haven't measured the inserts but someone here posted that .5 insert is .5 degrees not .5 mm. Or put the .5 in on right side and 0 on left side and it will be close to 2.5 deg per side.
__________________
Dialed RC Hobbies
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:30 PM   #6704
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 878
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Gotcha, thanks. I wasn't sure if the block was off set in such a way that it affected one side more than the other (left side is 3 degrees, the right side is 3.5 degrees) or both the sides the same like you described (2.5L & 3.5R).

I think somewhere in the manual it says that:
.5 insert = .375mm = .5 degrees
1 insert = .75mm = 1 degree
__________________
Daragh Slowey
22-4 2.0/R10/Scorpion5.5/S6040/Nosram shorty
B5R/R10/LRP8.5/1258TGBlk/Nosram shorty
EB48SL/RX8/TekinT8i/Hitec7599/SMC4500(4S)
Grasshopper/Tekin FX/Twister 27T/FutabaS9551/Speed power
HeavyD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:54 PM   #6705
Tech Addict
 
kevinpratt823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canton, MA
Posts: 595
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
With zero inserts and the offset hanger, the right side toe is 3.5 and left side is 2.5
The only way to get back to 3.0 both sides is modify the inserts or xray stepping up and making the hanger right.

If you put a .5 out on the left side and 0 on right it's pretty close to 3.5 both sides. I haven't measured the inserts but someone here posted that .5 insert is .5 degrees not .5 mm. Or put the .5 in on right side and 0 on left side and it will be close to 2.5 deg per side.
And there again we have that curious conflict of what the inserts say they do vs. the measurements you took. If zeros have them at 2.5/3.5, a .5 on the left should only change it to 3.0/3.5, but they seem very even with that setup, which according to your measure of the right arm in that position should be 3.5 deg.........can anybody get that setup on an accurate board and get an overall toe reading?.....
The book says that zeros should be 3 deg, so going with a .5 out on the left should have it at 3.25 deg total if they are even. I haven't tried it yet but I'll have to take a look at what happens when you go with a 1 deg out on the left, though I'm guessing it throws it back off with the left having more toe.

The book does say .5 deg=.375mm, 1 deg=.75mm
__________________
May you always hold your line, and keep the rubber side down.
My private track- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC3HpcDO4Ig
kevinpratt823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EP buggies thread sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 3586 03-30-2016 11:53 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:08 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net