Old 01-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #6676
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

nm. Found a pic online
Old 01-26-2015, 11:49 AM   #6677
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Durango

I will admit that the losi's of Maifield, Phend, and Evans looked real good...real damn good.
littleZEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #6678
Tech Prophet

yeah, locally even the club racers look good with the car. But I wont own one. I have zero interest in belt drive cars.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:53 AM   #6679
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent View Post
What a JOKE XRAY!! As an XB4 fanboy, I did not see one running. I was there all day Saturday and early Sunday.

Thanks for the support and presence. (Sarcasm)

It's an "invitational"... so Xray doesn't exactly have a choice in that... I don't recall what did Jorn have to do to get the invite 2 or so years ago when he won. If anyone would go from Xray, it would have to be Martin Bayer. But I think he'd have to win some championships before he gets the invite.... Or maybe Jorn would go if he goes to Xray! It is a shame that Durango is getting publicity for Jorn driving their car even though Durango is no longer supporting him. Jorn did run Yokomo for 2wd.

Also, I'm surprised there were that many Reedy ESC's. But I guess they have to run all Reedy motor, ESC and batteries. I would have thought more people would be running Tekins.
XRAY XB2 2018, XRAY XB4 2017, Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:57 AM   #6680
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
It's an "invitational"... so Xray doesn't exactly have a choice in that... I don't recall what did Jorn have to do to get the invite 2 or so years ago when he won. If anyone would go from Xray, it would have to be Martin Bayer. But I think he'd have to win some championships before he gets the invite.... Or maybe Jorn would go if he goes to Xray! It is a shame that Durango is getting publicity for Jorn driving their car even though Durango is no longer supporting him. Jorn did run Yokomo for 2wd.

Also, I'm surprised there were that many Reedy ESC's. But I guess they have to run all Reedy motor, ESC and batteries. I would have thought more people would be running Tekins.
HAHAHAHAHAHA. I hope that tekin comment was a joke, lol.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:19 PM   #6681
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
Jorn Neumann was there and technically he isn't even on a team.

(...yes, a past champ automatically gets invited, but c'mon!)

Isn't this a Race of champions? Not a race of teams?

I would think that the current European champion in both 2wd and 4wd has earned his spot!
GregerL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:21 PM   #6682
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregerL View Post
Isn't this a Race of champions? Not a race of teams?

I would think that the current European champion in both 2wd and 4wd has earned his spot!
who are you referring to? A few drivers from Europe elected to not come.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:24 PM   #6683
Tech Adept

Quote:

I think Bayer has been invited, he is 2013 European 4wd champion with the XB4. Making the A-main in the Euros has been good enough to get an invite.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #6684
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
who are you referring to? A few drivers from Europe elected to not come.
I was referring to the comment about Neumann. He is current Euro champ so I would think he is not only there as a previous Reedy champ! And he doesn't have to be on a team to have his place imo.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:30 PM   #6685
Tech Prophet

Quote:
I was referring to the comment about Neumann. He is current Euro champ so I would think he is not only there as a previous Reedy champ
Ah, Jorn is consistently a top driver in the world. Of course he deserves a spot. And previous Reedy winners are always invited. Winning gets you a lifetime invite. Neil Cragg and Lee Martin opted to not go. So more Europeans were invited. It was good to see some of the kids from Europe at the race, as the "Young Guns".
Old 01-26-2015, 01:07 PM   #6686
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
I was referring to the comment about Neumann. He is current Euro champ so I would think he is not only there as a previous Reedy champ! And he doesn't have to be on a team to have his place imo.
My comment was more of a "who paid to send him to the race" when he has no team funding(or does he?) - he is definitely worthy to be invited there as a Euro Champ like you said.

I'm really disappointed Bayer was not there.
EB48SL/RX8/TekinT8i/Hitec7599/SMC4500(4S)
Grasshopper/Tekin FX/Twister 27T/FutabaS9551/Speed power
HeavyD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:11 PM   #6687
Tech Prophet

Maybe he paid for his own trip. The Xray guys dont seem overly excited about coming to American soil to race. They skipped the worlds siting they didnt have a 2wd, saying it was not worth the trip. Now they have a 2wd, but I guess still not worth the trip. I bet they make it to this years worlds on astro turf, lol.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:12 PM   #6688
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:

Actually, anyone can run. You need to enter the open class lottery and get drawn. But to run against the Pro's , you have to win a big race to be Invitational.

Reedy has the new Black Box they are pushing..
MaricopaAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:29 PM   #6689
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
Maybe he paid for his own trip. The Xray guys dont seem overly excited about coming to American soil to race. They skipped the worlds siting they didnt have a 2wd, saying it was not worth the trip. Now they have a 2wd, but I guess still not worth the trip. I bet they make it to this years worlds on astro turf, lol.
Ya, I suppose he could have paid for it out of pocket.

I agree, Xray do not seem to be into having their top team guys race on this side of the pond at the moment. I hope that changes. I understand the 2wd reason, fine, it's still not ready, so why spend all that money and effort at the 2015 Reedy, I get it, especially when their goal is to win the Worlds. Like it was said above, the Reedy is a driver thing, not a team thing. Hopefully once the Worlds are over, the 2wd is on hobby shop shelves then we'll see more of Xray on our shores.
EB48SL/RX8/TekinT8i/Hitec7599/SMC4500(4S)
Grasshopper/Tekin FX/Twister 27T/FutabaS9551/Speed power
HeavyD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:43 PM   #6690
Tech Prophet

The worlds should be interesting. The arena is a top notch facility. But I hope the Americans find a way to get some turf practice in. It it looking like a really good year for Yokomo in 2wd. Unsure on 4wd. The xray is good on carpet and turf, but I honestly have no idea if the Xray drivers are fast enough. They are fast yes, but anyone that saw the last 4wd Reedy race, has to agree that RM is stupid fast. He went from last to first like a baller.