R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree36Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-26-2014, 09:21 AM   #6166
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,289
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Anybody know of a carbon battery strap that would work with a shorty ?
evolution03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:13 AM   #6167
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

SWorkz

http://www.amain.com/sworkz-s104-sho...holder/p378141

PN#330471
__________________
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:36 AM   #6168
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,289
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
Have you tried it ?
evolution03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:21 PM   #6169
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

TBH I don't know. I don't even have an XB4...yet, very impressed with my buddies' tho. I'm just assuming it does since one end is slotted. Thing is SSG carbon fiber isn't for everyone.

The D413 had black CF but not sure if the strap on that is slotted
__________________
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:43 PM   #6170
Tech Apprentice
 
Canadianrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

So what is everyone doing for electronics for the shorty layout?

Motor needs to run in the reverse rotation correct?

Or is everyone just flipping the diffs?
__________________
- Xray XB4 2015 VTXR10BE / Trinity D4 6.5 - Associated T5M R10 / Tekin Pro2 5800 -
Canadianrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #6171
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,220
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianrage View Post
So what is everyone doing for electronics for the shorty layout?

Motor needs to run in the reverse rotation correct?

Or is everyone just flipping the diffs?
If using orion esc need to flip your differential.I have same problem can't solve but when i flipped the differential then solve my problem. That's all you need.
raved007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #6172
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,220
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeCTR View Post
Hi there,

I am waiting for my Xb4 at the moment and was wondering what spare parts I should have with me on track? I will drive mosly outside on a dirt track.
I am quite busy in my life with family and stuff so when Im at the track I really want to drive if you understand.

I would also really want to know if there are any option parts that I really need to buy?
Its a Xb4 2014 that I am have bought.

Thank you and happy new year from Sweden.
If you're aggressive driver i prefer front/rear arm, front bulkhead differential block set(broked mine hit the pipe) front and rear axle, spur gear the rest they are all durable
raved007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:12 PM   #6173
Tech Champion
 
tony montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Leonardtown Md.
Posts: 6,110
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

What seems to be everyone's opinion on the 15 car so far.
__________________
K.C. Guy. Team Xray - rc america
tony montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #6174
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,598
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
What seems to be everyone's opinion on the 15 car so far.
KC. We are running the 14 and a couple of guys with the 15 are running with us. Our 14's are still running out in front of those. I don't think the shorty route is good for our clay tracks. You are better off with the saddles. The 15 was really built more for the high grip euro tracks in my opinion. I am waiting to see if that center diff can be affordable done on a 14. Which is also an option you have to buy for the 15 anyway.

The car that seems to be making people look good is hb413. Average drivers are doing really well with them in my opinion.
__________________
LCRC Raceway http://www.lostcreekcycles.com/lcrc.htm
Proline Racing http:://www.prolineracing.com
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #6175
Tech Champion
 
tony montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Leonardtown Md.
Posts: 6,110
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Jason, yeah I have been looking for a new 14 as well. But don't wanna pay the price of a 15 for one. I did drive steve's 14 and I loved it. Car was very stable feeling. I have been running a v4 dex410 and it's just a little to aggressive for me.
__________________
K.C. Guy. Team Xray - rc america
tony montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #6176
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,289
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
KC. We are running the 14 and a couple of guys with the 15 are running with us. Our 14's are still running out in front of those. I don't think the shorty route is good for our clay tracks. You are better off with the saddles. The 15 was really built more for the high grip euro tracks in my opinion. I am waiting to see if that center diff can be affordable done on a 14. Which is also an option you have to buy for the 15 anyway.

The car that seems to be making people look good is hb413. Average drivers are doing really well with them in my opinion.
Just curious why would the shorty be a good idea for the d413 but not the xb4 ? I'm curious as to how you came to that conclusion.
evolution03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #6177
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,598
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution03 View Post
Just curious why would the shorty be a good idea for the d413 but not the xb4 ? I'm curious as to how you came to that conclusion.
The shorties in the X-rays seem to be too light for our clay tracks on the east coast with lower traction with a stiff chassis and arms.The xray setup even recommends for clay to run saddles. Too many people in my area think we have high traction and it is far from it. The d413 transfers weight from front to rear like no other 4wd I have seen which tells me the weight bias is different. The shorty with the additional rear chassis stiffener is definitely geared towards higher traction surfaces where you are taking away the chassis flex. The hot bodies seems to get its flex through its a arms rather than the chassis. If you grab their arms without the carbon stiffeners you will see how much they flex. This all helps with traction.
__________________
LCRC Raceway http://www.lostcreekcycles.com/lcrc.htm
Proline Racing http:://www.prolineracing.com

Last edited by jmackani; 12-26-2014 at 06:32 PM.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:56 PM   #6178
Tech Elite
 
Qwkrn U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ofallon, MO
Posts: 2,260
Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
The shorties in the X-rays seem to be too light for our clay tracks on the east coast with lower traction with a stiff chassis and arms.The xray setup even recommends for clay to run saddles. Too many people in my area think we have high traction and it is far from it. The d413 transfers weight from front to rear like no other 4wd I have seen which tells me the weight bias is different. The shorty with the additional rear chassis stiffener is definitely geared towards higher traction surfaces where you are taking away the chassis flex. The hot bodies seems to get its flex through its a arms rather than the chassis. If you grab their arms without the carbon stiffeners you will see how much they flex. This all helps with traction.
I'm currently running a 15 shorty pack no rear brace and rear traction is not a issue. Lap times are the same as my 14 car, the 15 is more responsive to steering input.
__________________
Wayne Robison
B5m , X-ray XB4 '15 ,xb8e, Scte 2.0
Tiny Boat Guy Paint Designs, Checkered Flag Hobbies, creativecustomtees.com
Qwkrn U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:07 PM   #6179
Tech Addict
 
MaricopaAgent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Maricopa, Az
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

The center gear diff in the d413 makes the car very forgiving. A big reason why I cannot wait for the diff to show up.

The 15 is similar to the 14 to me. My '14 was already a Shorty.

Last edited by MaricopaAgent; 12-29-2014 at 08:09 AM.
MaricopaAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:15 PM   #6180
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lansing Mi
Posts: 503
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I would say the 15 is better then the 14 and i have only ran my 15 for 2 races so far. with the shorty setup it seems to fly and jump a hell of alot better. Also seems like I am able to carry more speed into the corner. Now as for the d413( which I had) the xray is light years ahead of it with the center diff installed of course. the D413 has alot of sloop in the steering from the get go brand new and the plastics/ metal are nothing compared to the Hudy steel and xray's plastic. Over all I love my 15 even more and think with the metal gears, shorty and center diff option that it is at the top of its class.

Btw I am running the new Orion R10.1 Pro and had to flip my diffs since for some reason orion didnt have a motor rotation change built into the r10.1 but it is avil in the much older r8 pro. dont make sense but 4 screws and your right into the case, cant get any easier then that. (unlike the d413 which is a pain is the ass to get tot he diffs
__________________
Kyosho Mp9E TKI3, Orion R8.1 with Orion 1900kv, Savox Tessman Edition
Losi 4.0E Orion r8.1 with Orion MR8 1750KV, Savox Tessman Edition
Xray Xb4 16spec Orion r10.1 with Orion 5.5t, Spectrum S6240
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EP buggies thread sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 3586 03-30-2016 11:53 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:43 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net