Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree36Likes

Old 12-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #6046
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by advpball View Post
12 mm hexes front and rear b44 rims will work?
Deleted post, miss read your reply as a question.

I got to drive mine last night. Nice. It's handle the same, just a little easier to drive. I still have mine in saddle pack configuration. Look forward to build up the shorty chassis next and doing some back to back testing.
Powered by Nosram motors and FX engines.
Many thanks to HEI and Perth RC for their support over the years.

Last edited by Boz; 12-10-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #6047
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
Randy0025, Xray is probably look at your posts now and saying this guy is trying to tell us how to run our business, yet he canít even post quoteíe correctly (twice).
Itís no point posting constructive criticism here. Send it to xray@rcamerica.com (your USA importer), they may have some say in procedures as their name is printed on the back of the instructions too.

No, youíre not being rude. You are allowed your opinion. I donít take offence to your views. It just looks like you guys think Xray is here just for your own needs and wants. Some want Xray to hold off distributing the kits, just because there has been a hold up on the production of the centre diffs. Now, thatís unrealistic and being spiteful. Xray needs an income, so if the kits are ready, send them. Money comes in, Xray keeps operating. Thatís how businesses tend to operate. Build up a stock pile of optional parts (which may or may not be purchased and cost money) ready for a release of a new kit really isnít the best business model. Some things are out of Xrayís control. Maybe something has been manufacture incorrectly and it has to be done all over again. Didnít JQís first batch of main gears get manufacture from an older cad design file? Mistakes happen. JQ was open and upfront about it. I donít expect Xray to put out a day memo telling us what has and didnít happen in the factory today.

ĎI want a diff and I want it nowí makes me think that this person must still suck their thumb.

I donít think their will be one person in this whole forum that can stand up and say that they have never failed to delivery any item or services on time. Whether itís RC, work or personally related? Yet you want Xray to be perfect.

Honest, I canít help it if peopleís lights are on but there's no one home. Just look a XB8 when it was released, the brass weights took some time to become available and other options. How hard is it to make brass weights? I was the smart one. I waited for the brass weights to be available. Then I purchased the XB8 kit because that what makes those brass weight go so fast around the track (yes, sarcasm).

We all want to try the centre diff.

This is how Xray releases and promotes their products. We have to except it. I donít understand why Xray uses this method. The only reason I can think of is it saves printing multiple versions of manuals. Xray in not doing anything differently compared to what has been done in the past, based on previous releases. Xray never said the car was being released with the centre diff included. I assume some of you may have pre ordered the car thinking it was, just because other cars on the market have them included in kits. So, you assumed wrong. Thatís not Xray problem. Thatís like me buying the latest Iphone assuming the NFC is working. Its there, just not activated. If Xray decided to include the diff and removed the shorty parts, people still would have complained. Xray canít win. Hold on!!! Include the centre diff and the shorty in the kit and increase the price. Now itís too expensive.

Some of you need to do what best suits you. Pick another brand that offers you your 'special' centre diff and stop voicing your disapproval of the availability of it. Itís not helping anyone here go faster.
Boz I am not saying to wait to release the kit til the optional parts are ready, In fact Im glad they got it out as fast as they did. what I am saying is for xray to get there crap together. They knew that the center diff and shorty were the MAIN SELLING PARTS. therefor maybe they should have been working on that from the get go. As of right now xray has no release date even planned, but yet there are team drivers out there running center diffs for the last month and a half. I myself pre-ordered the kit as soon as they had it avil because of the fact that it was going to have a shorty and center diff. like I said before its the best kit out and I am not bashing the design but the way they marketed the kit and the fact that xray cant even give us a ETA on the center diffs. That tells me that we are a couple months out at the very minimal. I pray that I am wrong and if I am I will gladly say thank you/sorry to xray. I wont say anymore about the issue, unless its 3 months from now and yet still there are no center diffs
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:23 PM   #6048
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
Boz I am not saying to wait to release the kit til the optional parts are ready, In fact Im glad they got it out as fast as they did. what I am saying is for xray to get there crap together. They knew that the center diff and shorty were the MAIN SELLING PARTS. therefor maybe they should have been working on that from the get go. As of right now xray has no release date even planned, but yet there are team drivers out there running center diffs for the last month and a half. I myself pre-ordered the kit as soon as they had it avil because of the fact that it was going to have a shorty and center diff. like I said before its the best kit out and I am not bashing the design but the way they marketed the kit and the fact that xray cant even give us a ETA on the center diffs. That tells me that we are a couple months out at the very minimal. I pray that I am wrong and if I am I will gladly say thank you/sorry to xray. I wont say anymore about the issue, unless its 3 months from now and yet still there are no center diffs
Don't you know not to argue with an Xray fanboi?! haha, I always love lurking in the xray threads, there is always some attack dog waiting to pounce.
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #6049
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Take this how you want, but it is strange that a majority of the bitching posts are US members. You must think you are the only ones that drive on a dirt/clay surface. lol.

Randy, most of my remarks in my reply weren't directed at you, it was also based on other members replies and views.
Powered by Nosram motors and FX engines.
Many thanks to HEI and Perth RC for their support over the years.
Boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #6050
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Carter View Post
I have the v2 bulkhead up front but I don't remember ever changing the rear bulkhead.

No problem with the gears but I shimmed the diff over .3mm to eliminate the slop in the bulkhead to diff fitment. I believe that the newest bulkheads are molded to remove this slop.
yes, shimming helps.

I think the V2 front bulkhead has been updated at some point with a new cover (see picture) the inner bearing doesn't seem to have any play in it now either. If you have an earlier bulkhead the bearing have a lot of play/movement in them. I think this is why the gear can strip. The newer rear bulkheads have an "R" stamped on them.

I had a two NIP front V2 bulkheads the other week. Both with different front cover. The newer design cover had less play and the bearing had to be pushed into place. The older one, the bearing just fell in and out.
Attached Thumbnails
Xray XB4 thread-case.jpg