Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

[ QUO TE=Bo. . z;1 3706768]My rant now...

I think it 's d umb, t hat you think it's dumb that you thought it was going to be available when the kit came out.
So you wanted Xray to not distribute the '15 kits until the optional center diff was ready to be ship? [/QUOTE]

No. What I think is dumb is that xray is just now working on the center diff and the molds/plastics after having team drivers using center diffs for over 4 months now. And also don't understand how people like you can Sit back and defend them on issues like this and the metals gears taking over a year to be released while the whole time it's says " coming soon" on there website(over a year later).. I never said anything bad about the kit because frankly it's my favorite wheeler out, but xray does need to know what they are doing wrong so it can be fixed in the future.its called constructive criticism my friend. I am sure I am NOT the only one that feels the same way about the Center diff.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

[QUOTE =Boz;1370 7056]You guy’s can be so unrealistic at times.

Now you want to compare a billion dollar automobile company to a toy company!

You’re dreaming.

I reckoned I could walk into an auto dealer today and ask for a specific make/colour/trim and multiple options and they wouldn’t have it on the floor ready to go. Odds on, it would have a recall on it the following year too. Why comparing a +5year investment to a RC model which is updated yearly.

I sound like some of you want Xray to build a car that doesn’t break, then to hold and stock sufficient parts for an unbreakable car?

If Xray prints “Under Construction” across new options would that make you happy?

I look at it this way. If Xray released the car that Bentka pictured some months ago there would have been complaints about no shorty pack. Then 6 months later release the ’15 spec car with a shorty configuration and an updated center diff, we would have to read about people complaining about having to buy another new kit and the diff isn’t interchangeable. Xray has a lot on manufacturing equipment, but they don’t have one machine allocated to each and every part they make.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to be rude but Your the only Unrealistic one here. Did you or xray not think that the center diff was one of the main selling points to the new kit (and the shorty option)??? Seems to me like your the only one cool with them advertising the optional parts but not having them nearly ready(not just ready but they don't even have a estimated release date) for when the kit comes out. Let's not play dumb here, xray seen hotbodies, Aeb44.3, intech and Caster all come out with center diff cars and was marketing this to compete with them. Like I said the car is great but I really wanted to be able to run the center diff otherwise I could have saved the money and ran may 2014 or 2013 kit.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

Valid points Randy2005, I'm awaiting the center diff as well. That and shorty pack are why I upgraded. Hopefully the center diff isn't a year out.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent
HB bearings are 8x14x4.. xray are 10x15x4

HB center diff.. Xray outdrives.

I made some shims and spacers. No holes drilled in the chassis. I will change the 85mm shaft to a 88 mm from a 14 , needs to be a little deeper in the outdrive.
Any idea if that HB center diff will work in the XB4 2014?

Edit: I see I'd have to change the upper deck on the 2014 for it to work.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
Any idea if that HB center diff will work in the XB4 2014?

Edit: I see I'd have to change the upper deck on the 2014 for it to work.
It will.. I will do it once HB center diffs are available.(out of stock on amain, again) The reason I have the diff was for my 14. But, I needed a 93-95 mm shaft to make it work, which I was having issues finding in 3mm pin.

use the new top plates,center diff, Shims/spacer, 95mm shaft and drill some holes.

Would be easier if Xray would spit out our diff..
Old 12-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I was going to pick one of these up after coming back from a break and seeing the center diff option as a feature. But no center diff available means no sale. I'm just glad I found out before telling the shop to order it for me.

My only complaint is that a published and advertised option that makes folks consider the platform isn't available. If they hadn't made it a bulleted feature, but said it was coming soon in follow up text, it wouldn't have been an issue.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Randy0025, Xray is probably look at your posts now and saying this guy is trying to tell us how to run our business, yet he can’t even post quote’e correctly (twice).
It’s no point posting constructive criticism here. Send it to [email protected] (your USA importer), they may have some say in procedures as their name is printed on the back of the instructions too.

No, you’re not being rude. You are allowed your opinion. I don’t take offence to your views. It just looks like you guys think Xray is here just for your own needs and wants. Some want Xray to hold off distributing the kits, just because there has been a hold up on the production of the centre diffs. Now, that’s unrealistic and being spiteful. Xray needs an income, so if the kits are ready, send them. Money comes in, Xray keeps operating. That’s how businesses tend to operate. Build up a stock pile of optional parts (which may or may not be purchased and cost money) ready for a release of a new kit really isn’t the best business model. Some things are out of Xray’s control. Maybe something has been manufacture incorrectly and it has to be done all over again. Didn’t JQ’s first batch of main gears get manufacture from an older cad design file? Mistakes happen. JQ was open and upfront about it. I don’t expect Xray to put out a day memo telling us what has and didn’t happen in the factory today.

‘I want a diff and I want it now’ makes me think that this person must still suck their thumb.

I don’t think their will be one person in this whole forum that can stand up and say that they have never failed to delivery any item or services on time. Whether it’s RC, work or personally related? Yet you want Xray to be perfect.

Honest, I can’t help it if people’s lights are on but there's no one home. Just look a XB8 when it was released, the brass weights took some time to become available and other options. How hard is it to make brass weights? I was the smart one. I waited for the brass weights to be available. Then I purchased the XB8 kit because that what makes those brass weight go so fast around the track (yes, sarcasm).

We all want to try the centre diff.

This is how Xray releases and promotes their products. We have to except it. I don’t understand why Xray uses this method. The only reason I can think of is it saves printing multiple versions of manuals. Xray in not doing anything differently compared to what has been done in the past, based on previous releases. Xray never said the car was being released with the centre diff included. I assume some of you may have pre ordered the car thinking it was, just because other cars on the market have them included in kits. So, you assumed wrong. That’s not Xray problem. That’s like me buying the latest Iphone assuming the NFC is working. Its there, just not activated. If Xray decided to include the diff and removed the shorty parts, people still would have complained. Xray can’t win. Hold on!!! Include the centre diff and the shorty in the kit and increase the price. Now it’s too expensive.

Some of you need to do what best suits you. Pick another brand that offers you your 'special' centre diff and stop voicing your disapproval of the availability of it. It’s not helping anyone here go faster.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So i got my new 2015 last week and had it built for this last sunday that just passed, let a friend take it out during practice(he was the only one on the track) we race on indoor carpet with very little jumps, he bobbled and landed on his lid and then we saw the front shock tower had broke as well as the bulkhead had cracked. This is my second xb4 I've owned including the original one(which i have never had a broken part or issue with) Im not sure if this is a bad carbon piece i got or if its a production issue.
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-img_6411_2.jpg   Xray XB4 thread-img_6412_2.jpg   Xray XB4 thread-img_6413_2.jpg  
Old 12-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bozzplayer
So i got my new 2015 last week and had it built for this last sunday that just passed, let a friend take it out during practice(he was the only one on the track) we race on indoor carpet with very little jumps, he bobbled and landed on his lid and then we saw the front shock tower had broke as well as the bulkhead had cracked. This is my second xb4 I've owned including the original one(which i have never had a broken part or issue with) Im not sure if this is a bad carbon piece i got or if its a production issue.
My front bulkhead broke on my 15 as well. Seemed odd as my '13 and '14 were fine. Also had issues the first night with ball cups. Perhaps there is a plastics hardening issue not sure, I'm sure if it is Xray will make things right as they did before with the 13 car with the care package.

As for the banter back and forth with Boz
Everyone needs to remember these are still toy cars. Let's all calm down a bit. Constructive criticism goes both ways.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boz
You have a '13 car? What bulkheads are you using and do you have issues with striping the diff gears?
I have the v2 bulkhead up front but I don't remember ever changing the rear bulkhead.

No problem with the gears but I shimmed the diff over .3mm to eliminate the slop in the bulkhead to diff fitment. I believe that the newest bulkheads are molded to remove this slop.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bozzplayer
Now that's disappointing to see and know.

I have broken one (v2) when not using the alu. brace, But I have never glued mine. It looks like that one was glues too. I believe the dirt surfaces have a little more give, carpet just snaps it straight off. I think the '14 tower has the same mounting position (minus the bottom camber one).
Old 12-10-2014, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

anyone know if the alu brace's will fit the XB-2015?
Old 12-10-2014, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dMITIj
anyone know if the alu brace's will fit the XB-2015?

It's say it will on the Xray website.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What pinion for the XB4'15 with a 6.5T Viper motor?

Small-medium track
Old 12-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

12 mm hexes front and rear b44 rims will work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.