R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree45Likes

Old 12-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #571
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
WHAT? Totally not true. Amain hobbies, stormers, and new discount hobby store has all the parts you need. There is no different than xray.
Speaking from my location in Florida there is no local support from schumacher I support the local shops and I do not order online and still will support X-ray as they have been. Strong supporter for u.s tracks n shops
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #572
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Turns out I broke the front tower too. I'm getting ahold of Wes at Out Front Frames to see if he'll make some stronger shock towers.
losi b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #573
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi b View Post
Turns out I broke the front tower too. I'm getting ahold of Wes at Out Front Frames to see if he'll make some stronger shock towers.
you guys need to keep those cars together so I can come out to Mikes next weekend for some 4wd buggy action
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #574
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi b View Post
I have already sent him an email as well. I figured since I haven't built mine yet he could use my tower to get the design.
Kalgard / Epic Cameras / SMX Optics / Heavenly Hobbies
RShockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #575
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Well between all the family Xmas get togethers I found time today and a littl last night and got mine all together..except electronics I will try that tomm maybe ..my kit seemed good , just put together book setup and start from there. 8 would like to thank X-ray and rcamerica for getting me a kit and all the spare parts so I can make the tiosc race in Tennessee this coming weekend
t5m
radioactive raceway
frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #576
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm starting to get a bit worried? I sold my rocking right out of the box .2 to try this kit. Surely it can't be a flop? If they tested this kit for 2 years I have to wonder why I am reading so many flaws. With an Xray? Come on this can't be true?
http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=13164
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #577
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Un, I think there is some new production blues going on. Lets handle it one thing at a time. Order a set of steel gears for the rear diff, I have plenty extra O-rings for my big bore Durnie shocks for ya and 1 mm and 1.5mm 3.8 washers for the rear shock tower. I understand the fear factor, and Xray is surely not known for this kinda stuff. If there are any mfg issues I'm sure they'll be good for it.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #578
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
Un, I think there is some new production blues going on. Lets handle it one thing at a time. Order a set of steel gears for the rear diff, I have plenty extra O-rings for my big bore Durnie shocks for ya and 1 mm and 1.5mm 3.8 washers for the rear shock tower. I understand the fear factor, and Xray is surely not known for this kinda stuff. If there are any mfg issues I'm sure they'll be good for it.
They should have put out a kit with the bullet proof stuff on it. I'll be damned if I spend more money on bullet proofing it before letting it fail first. That would be another 70.00 front and rear. Then modding it right out of the box? No Thanx. I will wait for the second round/updated kit before that.
Maybe a US kit?
The shocks could be fixed with a little Black AE grease on the threads. If I wanted to spend 500 + on this kit I would get an 1/8th scale and be ready for outdoor racing.
I'm sure I will still try it out seems how I am committed. Just a bit worried. Starting to look like a bottomless pit to me.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #579
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nv529

What, I thought all Xray's were bulletproof? lol! You guys have to remember we are talking about 35+ mph over-motored 1/10th scale land rockets! Anyone that has ran 4wd buggy long enough would know there is no such thing as "1/8th like" 1/10 scales. These cars carry the same speeds as their bigger 1/8th counterparts but in a smaller package, eventually something has to give.

Last edited by nv529; 12-23-2012 at 10:07 PM.
nv529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #580
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Bullet proof, I don't think any car out there is bullet proof. What size bullets are talking about?

The next thing you will be saying is that the car is heavy and Xray's come back will be "but it's bullet proof, cause that is what you asked for"

It will always be impossible for a manufacturer to tick all the boxes to keep all of it's customers happy at once. Face it, Xray needs to make money to exist. Options will help with the cash flow. It's a part of business. Have a look at the business that you are involved in. I bet your boss complains about having to cover the cost of your mistakes, I beat you don't offer to pay for them out of your own pay? I could go on and on with this.

Buy it, Race it, Enjoy it.

Ps if anyone has a video of an Xray being bullet proof tested, then please post it.