Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Old 08-15-2014, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Hahah I just used that feature pretty nifty. I can finally read some Associated threads as well now lolz.
you ignored CHERRY ? SO WRONG......
Old 08-15-2014, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
I suggest you get yourself a B44.1 and see how far you get without learning to set the slipper correctly.

And it doesn't have to be perfect by a longshot !
But a slipper set too tight WILL either wear out or snap pinion gears no matter the make or model.

Listen and learn and you will benefit from being a smarter and more able mechanic than apparently most of your fellow racers.
This way you will finish races in style and they will still blame their cars for not finishing

For this weekends race (practice started today) on high grip astro we have about 15 XB4's on the starting grid......I expect at least 50% of them to break down tomorrow based on "statistics" presented on here.....lol

We spent the day testing tires, setup and slipper settings.
Changed the slipper setting 5-6 times during the day depending on grip.
Will do it again tomorrow all over again as the grip level rises with the temperature

Now go out and set YOUR slipper

Bent
Haha i hope you dnf cause you blew a ring or pinion gear
DNF koodies to you this weekend
*ZING*
Old 08-15-2014, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Haha i hope you dnf cause you blew a ring or pinion gear
DNF koodies to you this weekend
*ZING*
Thanks.....I will tell my daughter you hope she DNF's tomorrow

All the best for you to.......

Bent
Old 08-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V6Jim
That's my point Bent, mine is fine, because it's set up perfectly. But the car shouldn't have to be perfect! Most aren't. The car shouldn't self destruct if it isn't. Just. Perfect.
y
I guess the xb4 is a very race oriented vehicle ( shaving weight by using composite gears should be a little "HELLO" on this )

And just like any race oriented vehicle, full scale down, you will need to set it up.Just.Perfect.

Don't understand the need for a racer to be built like a tank, and frankly, I don't want a tank when racing. Everything from super light F1 cars to paper thin carbon fibre race bikes are relatively fragile, and everyone that races ( except some in rc ) understand that.

You have yours set up correct and not causing problems, so why advocate the need for a tank, instead of advocating proper set up??

And as a fact, setting a slipper correct is not.that.hard.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wait, you mean I have to set my car up right for it to work well? I'm outraged!!

/sarcasm
Old 08-15-2014, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Nah, just get xray to build us a car made from forged steel, that should do it.
It would help when I hack into those pesky back runners
Old 08-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
I guess the xb4 is a very race oriented vehicle ( shaving weight by using composite gears should be a little "HELLO" on this )

And just like any race oriented vehicle, full scale down, you will need to set it up.Just.Perfect.

Don't understand the need for a racer to be built like a tank, and frankly, I don't want a tank when racing. Everything from super light F1 cars to paper thin carbon fibre care race bikes are relatively fragile, and everyone that races ( except some in rc ) understand that.

You have yours set up correct and not causing problems, so why advocate the need for a tank, instead of advocating proper set up??

And as a fact, setting a slipper correct is not.that.hard.
LOL.

It would be quite convenient for me to have heavier diffs, as it happens, as the car responds well to some extra rear weight! Save me bolting on under gearbox weights etc!

It's a bit like the shorty battery debate. To me, for the tracks I drive on, less weight is BAD!

So, can we agree that a well set up and perfectly tweaked XB4 is an aweome thing and one which isn't, isn't.

Jimmy
Old 08-15-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Bent
Bent,

I, for one, am a huge fan of wee Malin. She's a star! Follow her on Facebook and take a great interest in her results.

I do have to say, however, that you do have a certain tone in the way you respond to people on here that is apt to be taken in the wrong way. If you were more considerate in your responses you might not generate such unpleasantness.

I hope you and Malin have a great weekend racing and hope also that the rain stops before it just turns into a huge swimming pool!

Jimmy
Old 08-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by V6Jim
Bent,

I, for one, am a huge fan of wee Malin. She's a star! Follow her on Facebook and take a great interest in her results.

I do have to say, however, that you do have a certain tone in the way you respond to people on here that is apt to be taken in the wrong way. If you were more considerate in your responses you might not generate such unpleasantness.

I hope you and Malin have a great weekend racing and hope also that the rain stops before it just turns into a huge swimming pool!

Jimmy
Thanks, she's doing well and having tons of fun as well

I guess you get tired of the same 10 pages of bickering and name calling everytime you try to give some good advice or tips.
As part of the Factory Team and frequent racers we do obtain a lot of good info as well as experience from all the races we attend.
Info that is not based on hearsay but actual racing experience

But I'll limit my posts in the future to simple pictures and new parts etc. even though it sometimes is fun to participate in the heated discussions as well (at least it makes my tire gluing session seam a lot shorter).......

Bent
Old 08-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

I guess you get tired of the same 10 pages of bickering and name calling everytime you try to give some good advice or tips.
As part of the Factory Team and frequent racers we do obtain a lot of good info as well as experience from all the races we attend.

But I'll limit my posts in the future to simple pictures and new parts etc. even though it sometimes is fun to participate in the heated discussions as well (at least it makes my tire gluing session seam a lot shorter).......

Bent
I enjoy a lively discussion myself! There is no doubt that you are privvy to masses of valuable information, and this kind of information a usually gratefully received. You've just got to keep in mind that there are many drivers out here who just want a solid, reliable, good performing car that doesn't require surgeon's skills (and wallet) to maintain.

So, keep the info coming. It's appreciated!

Good luck Malin!

Jimmy.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Bent
Bent, I love your posts. Great information and you are on par with your responses. Some reason you get picked on a lot since you do post from your experience and voice your knowledge. If it wasnt for you and other contributing xb4 thread posters I would be still blowing through gears and whatnots...
Old 08-15-2014, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just a quick pic of mine with dirty shoes on to change the topic a wee bit!

Old 08-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

[QUOTE=BentKa;13469841]Thanks.....I will tell my daughter you hope she DNF's tomorrow

im pretty sure i waz talking to you and not your daughter
my 8 yr old boy drives the snot out of my car for fun and he breaks it then i fix it for fun
some things are better off left unsaid
Old 08-15-2014, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=BDRMBULLY;13470486]

im pretty sure i waz talking to you and not your daughter
my 8 yr old boy drives the snot out of my car for fun and he breaks it then i fix it for fun
some things are better off left unsaid
I don't race anymore, only wrench for my daughter, she does all the racing

Bent
Old 08-15-2014, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

After reading this thread, i look foward to building mine!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.