R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree36Likes

Old 06-11-2014, 08:56 PM   #4906
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been using the S-works wing for a while so far its held up great, a high clearance version would be great!!!
Cravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #4907
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravin View Post
I've been using the S-works wing for a while so far its held up great, a high clearance version would be great!!!
Being new to the 1/10th 4x4 buggy class I'm actually surprised the more durable plastic wings aren't the standard considering the lexan wings get tweaked if you look at 'em wrong.
Innovative Hobbies Raceway, Flyin-High RC Track
suzukipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #4908
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Jim View Post
I run an XB4 and a Caster S10B. I raced them both today at a Regional Championship in the North of England.

The XB4 is a great car, but I have problems with it hopping its back end up in the air over smallish bumps or jumps. The car feels really nicely setup - very similar to the Caster, yet the Caster will fly nice and flat over small jumps and just hammers over bumps superbly.

The Caster is heavier (1.9 kilos ready to race), but I have weights in the back of the Xray to try and help. Anybody else suffer from this? Still qualified 9th out of an 80 car entry, so quite happy.

Jimmy
Mine is the same Jimmy. It's a little frustrating. Mine is most noticeable when heading up to this 180deg corner on our track where I'm hard on the brakes to slow down. It feels a but unstable and every now and then it catches me out and back end lets go.

Is yours under brakes or acceleration??

I have mainly played around with pistons, oils and spring combo's but have never found anything that has kept it in contact with the track in that section. What oil,spring and pistons are you using?

Saying that, I do have the best car that can constantly take the sweeper at the end of the straight at the highest speed. Go figure!!! It just rides the bumps in the sweeper so well.

I haven't tried weights in the rear end yet.
Powered by Nosram motors and FX engines.
Many thanks to HEI and Perth RC for their support over the years.
Boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #4909
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
Knifed mine off formy rsx and put rx behind the motor up front
Hmm..My rsx fit fine, but my dumb receiver is too long, looks like she's going under the knife
Rafterman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #4910
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravin View Post
Got mine in the mail today and did some minor trimming, the tires don't rub at all and it looks great! Depending on how well it holds up this is likely to be my new Go-to Wing for the XB4.
Innovative Hobbies Raceway, Flyin-High RC Track
suzukipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #4911
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukipro View Post
Being new to the 1/10th 4x4 buggy class I'm actually surprised the more durable plastic wings aren't the standard considering the lexan wings get tweaked if you look at 'em wrong.
Lexan is lighter and actually holds up very well. Plastic ones get bent too and cost 3 times as much.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #4912
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz

Quote:
I run an XB4 and a Caster S10B. I raced them both today at a Regional Championship in the North of England.

The XB4 is a great car, but I have problems with it hopping its back end up in the air over smallish bumps or jumps. The car feels really nicely setup - very similar to the Caster, yet the Caster will fly nice and flat over small jumps and just hammers over bumps superbly.

The Caster is heavier (1.9 kilos ready to race), but I have weights in the back of the Xray to try and help. Anybody else suffer from this? Still qualified 9th out of an 80 car entry, so quite happy.

Jimmy

100% piston issue. buy some avids and your issue will disappear. Schelle makes some also but haven't tried them yet.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:33 PM   #4913
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymdz View Post
100% piston issue. buy some avids and your issue will disappear. Schelle makes some also but haven't tried them yet.
I'm not convinced that some slightly snugger pistons are going to do the job, but I'll give it a go! What hole configuration do we recommend?

Jimmy
V6Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:07 PM   #4914
Tech Adept

hello guys,
I am constantly breaking CVDs in my sworkz s104, does any of you have the car, or know someone who does, or can anyhow help me and tell me, if the 81mm xray CVDs would fit? Sworkz are 78mm, so it should work, but I don't know about other dimensions.. I drove my car 4 times and broke 2 CVDs, this is desperate.
eMDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:35 PM   #4915
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm not convinced that some slightly snugger pistons are going to do the job, but I'll give it a go! What hole configuration do we recommend?

Jimmy
1.1/1.5 front and 1.1/1.6 rear 4 hole avids with 40/30 oils work great for me on medium to high bite tracks. I have tried several other piston/oil combos and nothing felt as good.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:39 AM   #4916
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMDee View Post
hello guys,
I am constantly breaking CVDs in my sworkz s104, does any of you have the car, or know someone who does, or can anyhow help me and tell me, if the 81mm xray CVDs would fit? Sworkz are 78mm, so it should work, but I don't know about other dimensions.. I drove my car 4 times and broke 2 CVDs, this is desperate.
If you use a longer shaft you liable to snap your outdrives
BDRMBULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:58 AM   #4917
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
If you use a longer shaft you liable to snap your outdrives
Agreed. Why are they breaking? Are the stock CVDs too long, and binding under compression? Are they breaking at crazy angles due to flex/compression/slop in the suspension?
Old 06-14-2014, 05:59 AM   #4918
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
1.1/1.5 front and 1.1/1.6 rear 4 hole avids with 40/30 oils work great for me on medium to high bite tracks. I have tried several other piston/oil combos and nothing felt as good.
+1 You may go +/- 2.5wt in the front or rear but that's a perfect starting setup. I've also wanted to try 2 hole pistons as it should feel very similar but make the car a little more lively.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:10 AM   #4919
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMDee View Post
hello guys,
I suggest posting in the thread specific to your vehicle. More people there would know the answer to your question.http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-buggy-81.html
Old 06-14-2014, 10:42 AM   #4920
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc6000 View Post
I suggest posting in the thread specific to your vehicle. More people there would know the answer to your question.http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-buggy-81.html
I posted it here because I was asking about the dimensions /fit of xb4 CVDs. I will post to sworkz threaad too, thanks.

Anyway, they are breaking after jumps, once I landed on the rear tires from like 1 meter height and second time on the front the same way.. They do not bend, but the ball that is at the end of the bone going inside the wheel breaks completely, I did not even find the rest of the bone after that..
eMDee is offline   Reply With Quote