Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisP
Most other buggies will provide slip via ball-diff...

with a gear diff it's important to let the slipper do the work as intended.
Durango is a gear diff...
Had mine locked down in my DEX410 as well.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dos Andos
Hey John let me know if your going to be running those special swaybars on your XB4. Might get you to hook me up with some
Yeah, no worries, their awesome!!! I can hook you up no worries. I have a cheap set sitting here waiting until the next time I see you. Did I mention how awesome they were.......?
Old 12-16-2012, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by john watkins
Yeah, no worries, their awesome!!! I can hook you up no worries. I have a cheap set sitting here waiting until the next time I see you. Did I mention how awesome they were.......?
I saw... I was on the receiving end of the awesomeness...
Old 12-16-2012, 03:06 AM
Tech Adept

First test with the xb4

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ps71
First test with the xb4

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Was this the box stock carpet set up? Looks pretty dialed to me. Plenty of steering.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

That it is, the car felt good and was easy to drive with a lot of steering
Old 12-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Tech Lord

That it is, the car felt good and was easy to drive with a lot of steering
Thanx for sharing. I hope our kits get here soon, really looking forward to driving one. Looks like you had a pretty fast motor in there?
Old 12-16-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

I use a 5.5turn, a bit overkill on that small track but sure is fun
Old 12-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Saw one today running in the wet at TORCH on astro and it looked very good.

Certainly tempted.

Owner described it as very nice and somehere in between the DEX410 and FS2.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Lord

I use a 5.5turn, a bit overkill on that small track but sure is fun
Yeah I like the big grin motors to... LOL You have a lot of grip obviously. Are you running a lot of slip. Just curious? Also you over shot the roller and it looked like it didn't slap at all?
Old 12-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

The slipper is set according to manual and feels good so i did not adjust it at all when i drove it. The grip is insane, did have to cut of the 2 outer rows of pins on the front tires to tame down the front a little

The shocks are smoth and it does not slap hard at all if you overshoot.
Have a set of progressive springs on the way just to se how they are
Old 12-16-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Lord

The slipper is set according to manual and feels good so i did not adjust it at all when i drove it. The grip is insane, did have to cut of the 2 outer rows of pins on the front tires to tame down the front a little

The shocks are smoth and it does not slap hard at all if you overshoot.
Have a set of progressive springs on the way just to se how they are
Thanx for the info. I will be running on top soil and the jumps are pretty evil at times. Trading in the B44.2 to try this kit and looking forward to comparing the two.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Ran mine for the 1st time today:

Question-Anyone have any issues with shock caps seeping oil? Noticed a couple of times, what looked like shock oil. On the thread body on the shock cap near the top. Built them as manual suggests ect.. any ideas?

(Warning a long write up coming lol)

Started Q1 with a 1st place, on a damp track. Q2-Q3-Q4 were all 2nds and Q5 a 1st. Final was a close battle for 1st changing positions every other lap. But an error by me, cost me 1st place.

Well, the car so far is fantastic to drive for me it felt solid and I was not worried about the durability aspect. Handles a dream even on the box Carpet setup, grips like no tomorrow and generates more traction than even the FS2 does IMHO.

It has enough steering to make 99.99% of drivers turn down there EPA! It reacts well to setup changes and on a damp astro track it is on rails. I would say its a bit of a mix between a DEX410 and a ZX5 FS2. It has the slight aggressive punch/nature of the DEX, but yet still feels very smooth to drive-like the ZX5. I would say its a middle ground between both of those cars. Which is no bad thing in the slightest! Its super quite and very free running for a geared car. Jumps a dream and will be interesting to see what its like in the dry!

Got a few comments on how good it looked on track and let a friend drive it. Who currently runs a FS2. Lets just say-He sounded very very tempted

All in all, I'm super happy about its 1st run. Already back on pace after a few months off racing and a brand new car. With a stock setup.. Verdict- GET ONE!!!!
_________
Old 12-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by jamiekerr14
Ran mine for the 1st time today:

Question-Anyone have any issues with shock caps seeping oil? Noticed a couple of times, what looked like shock oil. On the thread body on the shock cap near the top. Built them as manual suggests ect.. any ideas?

(Warning a long write up coming lol)

Started Q1 with a 1st place, on a damp track. Q2-Q3-Q4 were all 2nds and Q5 a 1st. Final was a close battle for 1st changing positions every other lap. But an error by me, cost me 1st place.

Well, the car so far is fantastic to drive for me it felt solid and I was not worried about the durability aspect. Handles a dream even on the box Carpet setup, grips like no tomorrow and generates more traction than even the FS2 does IMHO.

It has enough steering to make 99.99% of drivers turn down there EPA! It reacts well to setup changes and on a damp astro track it is on rails. I would say its a bit of a mix between a DEX410 and a ZX5 FS2. It has the slight aggressive punch/nature of the DEX, but yet still feels very smooth to drive-like the ZX5. I would say its a middle ground between both of those cars. Which is no bad thing in the slightest! Its super quite and very free running for a geared car. Jumps a dream and will be interesting to see what its like in the dry!

Got a few comments on how good it looked on track and let a friend drive it. Who currently runs a FS2. Lets just say-He sounded very very tempted

All in all, I'm super happy about its 1st run. Already back on pace after a few months off racing and a brand new car. With a stock setup.. Verdict- GET ONE!!!!
_________
If the shock did not air up then it was excess oil from filling them.??
Old 12-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Initiate

I've built my shocks twice and seem unable to get rid of all the air in them. They squelch at full up travel. Any ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.