Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Old 11-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

put the older GTB in mine and its tight still wanting something different but due to the time of year I am just goin to get a 7.5 motor of some sort anybody tried a Tacon ......I hate to try that but its cheaper then the almost 100 for a novak motor
Old 11-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Blown up
Anyone try to bolt a tekin Gen2 6.5 to this motor mount? The tekin I have doesn't line up w/the screw holes in the motor mount... The gen2 srcew holes are a smidge wider than the xb4 mount holes. I ended up bolting an LRP X12 7.5 in no problem. Tons of room in this rig compared to other wheelers I've had, wiring came out slick. I need to pop off the top deck to route a new sensor wire and I'll take a pic.
I run the Gen 2 6.5. It will work. The trick is to get one screw started just a hair. Then get the next screw started..... and then tighten them both.... in alternating increments. You have to be smarter than the screws.

Don't mind the big hole where an ESC should be. Tekin has supply issues... which is nothing new. No pun intended.

Last edited by ImageX; 11-18-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone try to bolt a tekin Gen2 6.5 to this motor mount? The tekin I have doesn't line up w/the screw holes in the motor mount... The gen2 srcew holes are a smidge wider than the xb4 mount holes. I ended up bolting an LRP X12 7.5 in no problem. Tons of room in this rig compared to other wheelers I've had, wiring came out slick. I need to pop off the top deck to route a new sensor wire and I'll take a pic.
I run a Tekin gen2 5.5 and 7.5, along with a gen 1 10.5, which I've just been enjoying running indoors. All fit fine, but you need to put both screws through the mount, align them to the holes, get each started a few turns. then do them both up tight. screwing one in completely, then the other it does get out of alignment.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by monsterbrad
I was looking at tires also
I have tons that came with the buggy but we end up sanding them bald and using traction compound.
the cars stick like glue in most cases and I have heard some guys are backing off on motors from 6.5 to 7.5 or 8.5 to calm the buggy down.
ANybody else running slicks??
Guys at my track have gone down to 8.5 to avoid overjumping, and also to have a wider power band to use in the infield.

My local track is a medium-size hard packed dirt track, with tight infields and large jumps, covered with astro. The astro covering the jumps helps alot. The straights are short though.

The gear diffs in this car are made of composite material, so it spools up alot faster then those with metal gears. This makes the drive train more efficient as well.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monsterbrad
put the older GTB in mine and its tight still wanting something different but due to the time of year I am just goin to get a 7.5 motor of some sort anybody tried a Tacon ......I hate to try that but its cheaper then the almost 100 for a novak motor
I run Speed Passion Competition V3.0 motors in all my 10th scales (8.5 in my XB4). Never had a problem with them and they are $38.
http://www.speedpassion.net/us/catagory.asp?c=mtr&sc=2
If you put one in your cart and go to "checkout", just be sure to change the shipping type as it defaults to a crazy overnight shipping price or something
Old 11-19-2013, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ImageX
I run the Gen 2 6.5. It will work. The trick is to get one screw started just a hair. Then get the next screw started..... and then tighten them both.... in alternating increments. You have to be smarter than the screws.

Don't mind the big hole where an ESC should be. Tekin has supply issues... which is nothing new. No pun intended.
I had them both started this way, but just by a thread and it felt like something was going to give if I forced them. I've also noticed that tekin's endbells are much stronger material than other brands. When I tighten a tekin motor to a mount, it stops and snugs solid. I have a couple other motors that will strip out before they even feel tight. So not knocking thm either.
I'm going to try the 7.5 LRP for our indoor clay and see how it goes.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

I had them both started this way, but just by a thread and it felt like something was going to give if I forced them. I've also noticed that tekin's endbells are much stronger material than other brands. When I tighten a tekin motor to a mount, it stops and snugs solid. I have a couple other motors that will strip out before they even feel tight. So not knocking thm either.
I'm going to try the 7.5 LRP for our indoor clay and see how it goes.
It does feel like it may strip if ya go tighter. Just do it like we mentioned and you will be good. Thread one in a bit first and then the other. It does seem tight but it all bolts up great. Nice and tight fit. Don't cut yourself short from using a great motor like the Tekin.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sweet! I'll give it a shot. Thanks guys.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

XRAY New Option Parts
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-xr-362190.jpg   Xray XB4 thread-xr-363190.jpg  
Old 11-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Tech Initiate

The item contains two carbon plate per bag?
Old 11-19-2013, 11:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I currently run 2wd buggy, 2wd truck and 2wd shortcourse, all of which are AE. I've heard nothing but good things about the fit and finish of Xray vehicles so I want to give one a try.

As someone who is going to venture in to 4wd buggy territory and completely new to Xray vehicles what parts would be wise to have on hand as I start to run a 4wd buggy?

Thanks
Old 11-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

^^ This question pops up about every other week. Scroll back a few pages and your question will be answered and then some^^ We have good "Chimers" in here

(Let me add: You will also learn about diff, shocks, and slipper settings)

Last edited by joeymdz; 11-19-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
I currently run 2wd buggy, 2wd truck and 2wd shortcourse, all of which are AE. I've heard nothing but good things about the fit and finish of Xray vehicles so I want to give one a try.

As someone who is going to venture in to 4wd buggy territory and completely new to Xray vehicles what parts would be wise to have on hand as I start to run a 4wd buggy?

Thanks
you won't need much for this car, but you may want to have the typical stuff. arm, hub, spindle, spur gear. maybe even a shock tower. Nothing tends to break unless you hit something pretty hard or set things up incorrectly (gear mesh) but there are other cars usually on the track that can help you break the car. haha
Old 11-20-2013, 02:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pintopint
The item contains two carbon plate per bag?
looks like 1 to me. And it says "plate" not "plates". but there seems to be alot of screws in that bag as well. hmmmm.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjk1210
looks like 1 to me. And it says "plate" not "plates". but there seems to be alot of screws in that bag as well. hmmmm.
In the part number description it says L+R = 1 left and 1 Right. I assume it means a pair. I know you should never assume anything.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.