Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree39Likes

Old 10-10-2013, 11:56 PM   #3091
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonR/C View Post
What's that mean?
All I meant was...HB is touting the D413 to be almost like a smaller version of their 1/8 buggy, with the centre diff and supposed durability.
leongkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:36 AM   #3092
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentspeed View Post
Hey bent, at least the cheap cars made in the far east have bullet proof drive line. Adjusting the slipper to prevent damage is right, but that gives u less options. Some might notice that they want to go tighter on some tracks, but can't because it's at it's limit. Yet u still pretend like that doesn't matter. This thread is full of blind xray fans. Unsubscribed
There's no buggy out there with a bulletproof drivetrain

I'm impressed with your knowledge on a car you don't even own

As said numerous times we have raced the XB4 since day 1 when it came out on anything from hard packed indoor clay, to outdoor dirt and high grip astro with boosted 5.5T and 6.5T motors.......with no issues to the drivetrain.

The car has won the European Championships as well as several national titles here in Europe all by setting up the car to the track conditions and drivers preference.

When doing so this car will perform way beyond your skill level

The "blind" Xray fans are actually genuine owners of the car who races it on a regular basis, owners that take care to try and set up their car to the different track conditions and by doing this are rewarded with a car able to bring them national championships providing they can keep up with the car.

So......who would you rather take your advice from ?

Actual owners who race the car regularly and have great success in doing so or from keyboard hero newbies that don't even own the car and base their "advice" on; "I've heard that..........."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
Thanks for doing us all a favor. It's hilarious how you are an expert on a car you've said you don't even own.
It never ceases to amaze me the number of key board heroes that can judge and give advice on a car based solely on reading forum post

No wonder people turn up on the track with all kind of "clever solutions" on non existing problems........yet all they really accomplish is a ton of problems solely due to said "solutions".

Reminds me of the guy posting here wishing the XB4 would come with the aluminum CVD cups like Exotek have so he wouldn't need to do the maintenance to the driveshafts........really......cleaning them and adding fresh grease is too much to ask

Sadly people are getting lazier and lazier and are just looking for quick fixes nowadays

Bent
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #3093
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongkc View Post
All I meant was...HB is touting the D413 to be almost like a smaller version of their 1/8 buggy, with the centre diff and supposed durability.
The XB4 IS a smaller version of the XB9........which makes it the easiest to wrench on and set up 1:10 buggy out there at the moment

And when it's easy to drive AND can take a beating as well it will be a tough task for the D413 to beat it

But I'm really looking forward to the new D413 and Losi to hit the market.......more choices will only bring more drivers to the track which in the end will benefit all of us enjoying racing these "toys"

Bent
Old 10-11-2013, 01:37 AM   #3094
Suspended

if reading xray drivers are saying drive line is a little fragile maybe you should open your eyes and maybe consider it. It's great that you work around its weaknesses. But it's there. OPEN YOUR EYES TO IT. U freaks say there wasn't problems with it but xray gave upgrade package to fix ISSUES. Pictures and videos don't lie. My other cars which have tight slipper have no problems. I've been keeping up when it first came out. Until today guys complain more about gears than they do with other brands. I'm a newb but u a grown man who still childish online. If it's drivers mistakes then I guess most guys buying xray aren't that smart, huh?

Last edited by latentspeed; 10-11-2013 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Too harsh
latentspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:43 AM   #3095
Suspended

u think u yourself aren't a keyboard hero? What, having many posts exempts u from being ? Give me a break

Last edited by latentspeed; 10-11-2013 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Cleaning it up
Old 10-11-2013, 02:17 AM   #3096
Tech Champion

ok... what I will write concerns everybody, including me

it's sad to read guys get mad for small reasons, it happens too often recently

the problem is not the knowledge about the car but the lack of respect from members to each other, it really is

whatever the level of the driver, its experience or skills anyone deserves some respect and consideration

if you want to learn and pretend being open then accept others opinions, if you want to be right absolutely then you will be closed to any exchange and shouldn't be on a forum

there are many people that read and don't post, think about them too because there is no good reasons to start kid fights on rctech, it is really getting annoying and this is also a personal apologize for when I happened to participate in this bullshit

YES there are xray fans here, and there also are people that complain for questionable reason (I do sometimes ) but there is no need to be a dick with the others so TAKE IT EASY because you're not alone, as I said on another thread this is still a hobby
Old 10-11-2013, 02:28 AM   #3097
Tech Master

Quote:
Bent if reading xray drivers are saying drive line is a little fragile maybe you should open your eyes and maybe consider it. It's great that you work around its weaknesses. But it's there. OPEN YOUR EYES TO IT. U freaks say there wasn't problems with it but xray gave upgrade package to fix ISSUES. Pictures and videos don't lie. My other cars which have tight slipper have no problems. I've been keeping up when it first came out. Until today guys complain more about gears than they do with other brands. I'm a newb but u an old man who still childish online. If it's drivers mistakes then I guess most guys buying xray aren't that smart, huh?
Quote:
Bent u think u yourself aren't a keyboard hero? What, having many posts exempts u from being an a**""? Give me a break

Read my posts again.........ACTUAL owners who follow manufacturers and seasoned drivers advice don't have problems and race this car with great success.

Drivers taking advice from users (not owners) like yourself are the one having problems.

I help out people all the time at the track with setup and problems......problems often occurring after picking up "tips" on various forums.

And yes......to you I may be old.....but with age comes some experience.
Been working on setups for "toy cars" for nearly 30 years now
Don't race anymore myself.......handed the torch over to my daughter who's got way more talent then myself

I'm sorry to hear you think of me as an a** when trying to help out by providing correct and proven information though.

Bent
Old 10-11-2013, 02:32 AM   #3098
Tech Champion

is it possible to move on from the "I'm good and you're bad" debate? PLEASE
Old 10-11-2013, 02:34 AM   #3099
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
is it possible to move on from the "I'm good and you're bad" debate? PLEASE
Yes please

Bent
Old 10-11-2013, 02:47 AM   #3100
am
Tech Master

Interesting Reading this......

We all know that Xray from time to time makes a couple of things were Hudy should have gone in the following direction: UUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, my bad....

There is no doubt. I have not even touched a XB4, nor seen one in person, but it still comes as no suprise to me that there can be challinges with an Xray. Evry one has problems from time to time.

Xray releasing new internal gears for the diff for instance, why would he do this if there were not an reported issue? Bent, even if you have not experienced problem with the car, is it then so that drivers in other parts of the world could not experience any problems? That`s alittle ignorant is it not?

I have raced the XB9 here after running Mugen for 2 years. Xb9 is a brilliant car, but it does not come close to Mugens drivtrain when it comes to how long it holds up. Outdrives and drivshaftpins gone after 10 liters... The servosaver was shot after 8 liters and had to be changed, on both my cars..

Even this tough, i know abaout it, i know what to do to fix it and i will because the XB9 is the best 8th scale i have ran for years!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for a few small flaws, no car is Perfect :-)
am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:48 AM   #3101
Suspended

Pulse that was a great speech.
Bent I hope u can forgive my ignorance
Old 10-11-2013, 03:29 AM   #3102
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by am View Post
Interesting Reading this......

We all know that Xray from time to time makes a couple of things were Hudy should have gone in the following direction: UUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, my bad....

There is no doubt. I have not even touched a XB4, nor seen one in person, but it still comes as no suprise to me that there can be challinges with an Xray. Evry one has problems from time to time.

Xray releasing new internal gears for the diff for instance, why would he do this if there were not an reported issue? Bent, even if you have not experienced problem with the car, is it then so that drivers in other parts of the world could not experience any problems? That`s alittle ignorant is it not?

I have raced the XB9 here after running Mugen for 2 years. Xb9 is a brilliant car, but it does not come close to Mugens drivtrain when it comes to how long it holds up. Outdrives and drivshaftpins gone after 10 liters... The servosaver was shot after 8 liters and had to be changed, on both my cars..

Even this tough, i know abaout it, i know what to do to fix it and i will because the XB9 is the best 8th scale i have ran for years!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for a few small flaws, no car is Perfect :-)
They haven't released new internal gears for the diffs.....only the 35T bevel/ring gear which has more material added to give a tighter mesh to the satellite/planet gears inside the diff

No we haven't had any real issues since we have been careful to adjust the slipper according to surface and available grip.

By doing this (and paying attention to regular maintenance) you will not have problems with the drivetrain wether the track is located in Thailand, the US or Italy
Parts are the same

It might have helped that I came from racing AE B44/.1/.2 prior to the Xray where shimming the pinion gear/diffs and slipper settings where crucial to the lifespan of the pinion gears.

Malin have been pretty aggressive on both throttle and brakes from day one so it has been necessary to pay close attention to the slipper settings from the get go with the XB4.

I have however changed a few of the pinion gears from time to time as they do wear over time seeing we try to run the slipper on the tighter side and me wanting to keep them as fresh as possible for bigger races.
They are cheap and very accessible with only removing 5 screws.

Regarding the XB9.

You do know the driveshaft pins are made softer intentionally so that they wont wear out the outdrives ?
This is done on both the XB4 and the XB9.
By replacing the pins with the Hudy tool (or Mugen) when they start wearing flat you will have close to zero wear on the outdrives and easily last for an entire season

One of the many great features of the XB4 carried over from the XB9 line

And as you point out no car out there is perfect......but the XB4 is darn close.....

Bent
Old 10-11-2013, 03:30 AM   #3103
Tech Master

Quote:
Pulse that was a great speech.
Bent I hope u can forgive my ignorance
We're good

Bent
Old 10-11-2013, 05:16 AM   #3104
am
Tech Master

Bent, you are looking for exuses regarding the drivepins. Just pick the right materials to begin with :-).

If someone has made you belive they are made soft, so outdrives should not wear out, they are shure good, LOL. So, why not make pin real hard the first time? Pin will never flatspot and the outdrive would not be worn ;-))

Actually, i have to say you gave me a great idea! I will change all pins on my next Xray before running it to Mugen pins, and maybe i wont have to change outdrives at 10 liters. Same diameter so it should work. Nice way to find out witch brand makes the best hardware.

New Xray gears:
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...&newsTitle=New XRAY T4 Graphite Gear Differential Bevel & Satellite Gears

Have a good day, sir :-)
am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #3105
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by am View Post
Bent, you are looking for exuses regarding the drivepins. Just pick the right materials to begin with :-).

If someone has made you belive they are made soft, so outdrives should not wear out, they are shure good, LOL. So, why not make pin real hard the first time? Pin will never flatspot and the outdrive would not be worn ;-))

Actually, i have to say you gave me a great idea! I will change all pins on my next Xray before running it to Mugen pins, and maybe i wont have to change outdrives at 10 liters. Same diameter so it should work. Nice way to find out witch brand makes the best hardware.

New Xray gears:
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...&newsTitle=New XRAY T4 Graphite Gear Differential Bevel & Satellite Gears

Have a good day, sir :-)
Time to re-visit the manual then.

It's all there in the first few pages with part numbers for both the tool and the pins.

Been this way for years with Xray.
I change them once in a blue moon to make sure the outdrives never wear out.

But being new to Xray.....you are excused for not knowing this

Changing them out for harder pins will only speed up the wear on the outdrives though.....good luck with that

The composite gears has been out for several months as an option for the T4......and yes they fit the XB4 (and NT1) as well.

We run NT1 steel gears with lightweight pins in the astro buggy and standard gears for the dirt/clay buggy......both hold up excellent

Bent