Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JosephBlack
So when is the XB4 '14 expected to release? Wonder what the improvements will be?

According to M Hudy's twitter feed, they finished the instruction manual last week.
I'm excited to read this, yet a little...I dunno. I just, just got my XB4 and now it's changing. I guess as long as it's not anything more than what most already want for it - updated shock towers, aluminum cvd cups, machined pistons, full length top deck - that's fine. New Chassis? My wallet hurts thinking about - 'cause ya know, ya need it all!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

They will probably go with some extra aluminium pieces but if they switch the chassis to a short or saddle pack configuration trend.... well looks like I'm selling mine for the new.. lol
Old 10-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by billsharp34
this is a pic for the people that told me there is no way a rx8 will fit in a xb4 well it does
Why did you chose a rx8 for a xb4? Maybe I should try it too
Old 10-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latentspeed
Why did you chose a rx8 for a xb4? Maybe I should try it too
He posted earlier it was because he had one lying around. He didnt want to buy a new esc if he could make the RX8 work.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Odin544
He posted earlier it was because he had one lying around. He didnt want to buy a new esc if he could make the RX8 work.
Thanks for answering
Old 10-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

yes that is true i run 1/8th scale and wanted to try this out but did not want to buy something if i already have it and it works. body fits great sits about 5 to 10 mm above the rx8. cant wait to run it this week end.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:38 AM
Tech Champion

yes that is true i run 1/8th scale and wanted to try this out but did not want to buy something if i already have it and it works. body fits great sits about 5 to 10 mm above the rx8. cant wait to run it this week end.
being in the market for a xb4 that's really nice to know

that means a MMP fits perfect then

I read about some drivers saying the rear end of the XB4 is a bit loose compared to other 4wd, is it progressive at least or can it get too twitchy on dirt? It depends on the setup of course but I'm looking for an easy car to drive

what are the spares needed for the xb4?

Last edited by Pulse_; 10-09-2013 at 02:50 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

this is a pic for the people that told me there is no way a rx8 will fit in a xb4 well it does
Should have put the 4 pole 550 size motor in too. There's plenty of room
Old 10-09-2013, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_

I read about some drivers saying the rear end of the XB4 is a bit loose compared to other 4wd, is it progressive at least or can it get too twitchy on dirt? It depends on the setup of course but I'm looking for an easy car to drive

my experience is that the car is NOT loose on dirt. even the loosest dirt. Lots of steering but not loose. use a progressive or hard spring to tame it down a little more if you feel it's too aggressive.

Spares? well, it depends on how wreckless you drive. Maybe one of everything...haha. otherwise the standard stuff would probably be, front bulkhead(trans case) , ring and pinion gears, and a set of arms. if you drive even relatively under control and set the slipper correctly you should be able to drive for months without needing any of these parts though.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

Car is amazing on dirt and very easy to drive......you wont be disappointed

We have done quite a lot of races on dirt this summer with the XB4 and it has been working great

Several setups on PetitRC and TeamXray from both Martin Bayer and Renaud Savoya that works very well on dirt

Bent
Old 10-09-2013, 03:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mjk1210
my experience is that the car is NOT loose on dirt. even the loosest dirt. Lots of steering but not loose. use a progressive or hard spring to tame it down a little more if you feel it's too aggressive.

Spares? well, it depends on how wreckless you drive. Maybe one of everything...haha. otherwise the standard stuff would probably be, front bulkhead(trans case) , ring and pinion gears, and a set of arms. if you drive even relatively under control and set the slipper correctly you should be able to drive for months without needing any of these parts though.
lots of steering is good! as soon as the rear is progressive it's ok for me

I rarely break as I drive smooth (1/10 2wd background) so I asked the question to know if there is any upgrade that is needed to make the car perfectly reliable

@ BentKa: nice to hear

if I remember right you talked about electronics getting hot on astro, what motor/esc do you run?
Old 10-09-2013, 03:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I'm still eargerly awaiting what on earth is the 2014 update...I just got the car back in Sep..... I don't want to buy another similar so soon!
Old 10-09-2013, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

@ BentKa: nice to hear

if I remember right you talked about electronics getting hot on astro, what motor/esc do you run?
Yep.....we've had problems running the Tekin RS Pro with 5.5T or 6.5T with a lot of boost on high grip astro.

But we're not running Tekin anymore as Malin just signed up as a Factory Team Orca driver......so no more problems there

The new Tekin RSX will have no problem dealing with low turn modified motors and high grip carpet/astro though......

Bent
Old 10-09-2013, 04:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BentKa
Yep.....we've had problems running the Tekin RS Pro with 5.5T or 6.5T with a lot of boost on high grip astro.

But we're not running Tekin anymore as Malin just signed up as a Factory Team Orca driver......so no more problems there

The new Tekin RSX will have no problem dealing with low turn modified motors and high grip carpet/astro though......

Bent
8 years, skilled, supported and now sponsored GOOOO Malin!

good to know for the ESC, I'll install a MMP I have left but we will be running 7.5 only to begin with (small indoor astro track)
Old 10-09-2013, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

8 years, skilled, supported and now sponsored GOOOO Malin!

good to know for the ESC, I'll install a MMP I have left but we will be running 7.5 only to begin with (small indoor astro track)
The extra support sure is welcome when she plays with the "big boys" and when she starts running 1:8 fuel next year

Just need to find time to build her new T4 '14 for the indoor season......

7.5T has never caused any problems with the RS Pro at least

Bent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.