Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Arigato
The stock set up can be a little loose in the rear. I run 2wd buggy and 4wd buggy so the transition between the two can be tough. On my XB4 I added rear toe and went with the softest rear spring and it's very hooked up and the rear end looseness is gone.
I think my biggest problem was going over to 1/8th buggy with a Kyosho Mp9 which is a lot easier to drive then anything I have ever owned.

So, with a little tuning, we reckon this will handle okay? I should say that I will be running on carpet and polished wooden floors for the upcoming winter (and when it goes outside it will be on grass which is always likely to be wet and slippery in the winter). I really like the look of the Xray kit, but I do not want a difficult car to handle! I did try a Durango 410 last night at my club and I found it a little twitchy, but a hell of a lot easier to drive than a 2wd buggy.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arigato
Do you actually own one?
I was going to ask the same thing.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trr061984
I think my biggest problem was going over to 1/8th buggy with a Kyosho Mp9 which is a lot easier to drive then anything I have ever owned.

So, with a little tuning, we reckon this will handle okay? I should say that I will be running on carpet and polished wooden floors for the upcoming winter (and when it goes outside it will be on grass which is always likely to be wet and slippery in the winter). I really like the look of the Xray kit, but I do not want a difficult car to handle! I did try a Durango 410 last night at my club and I found it a little twitchy, but a hell of a lot easier to drive than a 2wd buggy.
I love my xb4. this is my first 4wd buggy and I learned how to drive with it (driving was easy, jumping/ down siding was a different story). the car is SOLID. The only parts that broke was the V1 front bulk head and V1 35t bevel gear. The V2 stuff is allot stronger!

out of the box I was running a slightly modified stock set up and it was great. after I got acquainted with the XB4 I tried the Martin Bayer euro championship set up on a loose and loamy track and it was hooked up! Now for winter I’m running on carpet/turf, changed to the Bayer carpet set up and its PERFECT! the car is very stable and very well planted. if you get the xb4 you will not be disappointed (if you are let me know and I’ll buy it from you. I’m in the market to pick up another one)
Old 10-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by latentspeed View Post
They really should do a 2014 xb4. The car has the most steering, but durability is the problem. It was designed for astro turf so it would be nice if it had a carbon fiber chassis option for more flex too for us US guys. That way I could get both xb4 and d413. But I doubt it will happen soon. Too busy with onroad they didn't have the chance to prepare for last weeks worlds. The car has so much potential it's a shame it doesn't get the work and attention from the engineers.

Haters got to Hate! I don't think you know what your talking about latentspeed.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by joeymdz
I love my xb4. this is my first 4wd buggy and I learned how to drive with it (driving was easy, jumping/ down siding was a different story). the car is SOLID. The only parts that broke was the V1 front bulk head and V1 35t bevel gear. The V2 stuff is allot stronger!

out of the box I was running a slightly modified stock set up and it was great. after I got acquainted with the XB4 I tried the Martin Bayer euro championship set up on a loose and loamy track and it was hooked up! Now for winter I’m running on carpet/turf, changed to the Bayer carpet set up and its PERFECT! the car is very stable and very well planted. if you get the xb4 you will not be disappointed (if you are let me know and I’ll buy it from you. I’m in the market to pick up another one)
Right, you have convinced me! Not that i really needed that much convincing. I will get it ordered and see how the build goes. The instructions look top class in comparison to the Kyosho ones I have used previously!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trr061984
Right, you have convinced me! Not that i really needed that much convincing. I will get it ordered and see how the build goes. The instructions look top class in comparison to the Kyosho ones I have used previously!
oh ya its allot easier to read than the RB6 manual

here are some tech tips:

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/xray/setupxb4/XB4_Tips/

enjoy!
Old 10-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

lol I was just pointing out that the car could be worked on a bit,
thought it was one of the best, but everyone here thinks the car is perfect. XRAY FOREVER right?!
Old 10-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

if you want a really nice build the tekno eb48.2 is really nice build. imho just as nice or better, whish they had 1/10 buggy 4wd so for now xray seems pretty nice need to get out on track next weekend.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Almost done building. The rear tierods in book seem to be binding?
Is it suppose to be in front of hub and back of tower? Quite the angle?
Old 10-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by advpball
Almost done building. The rear tierods in book seem to be binding?
Is it suppose to be in front of hub and back of tower? Quite the angle?
That's correct behind tower, in front of hub, follows the angle of the rear arms pretty close.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latentspeed
lol I was just pointing out that the car could be worked on a bit,
thought it was one of the best, but everyone here thinks the car is perfect. XRAY FOREVER right?!
I think it is you, who thinks everyone here thinks it is a perfect car. If it was that perfect, I would be finishing first every race and a lap up on the field. I think

Xray probably doesn't employ +1 designer per chassis. There will be times where car will be shown none to limited attention due to other commitment in the company. I believe the XB4 kit is traveling along quiet well. I personally don't see any reason for a release of a XB4 '14 kit soon, the current kit is very competitive out of the box.

Hey Latentspeed, how about listing us some items you would like to see changed or updated on this chassis and why.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

I wished they would have made more aluminum parts that came with the car (bleeder caps, CVd cups, servo mounts, hubs) and better pistons

But that's why we have aftermarket manufacturers
Old 10-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

alu junk
Old 10-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asc6000
alu junk
Not when its from xray... hello!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I haven't seen a need for any aftermarket aluminum parts yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.