R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree39Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #2956
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigato View Post
The stock set up can be a little loose in the rear. I run 2wd buggy and 4wd buggy so the transition between the two can be tough. On my XB4 I added rear toe and went with the softest rear spring and it's very hooked up and the rear end looseness is gone.
I think my biggest problem was going over to 1/8th buggy with a Kyosho Mp9 which is a lot easier to drive then anything I have ever owned.

So, with a little tuning, we reckon this will handle okay? I should say that I will be running on carpet and polished wooden floors for the upcoming winter (and when it goes outside it will be on grass which is always likely to be wet and slippery in the winter). I really like the look of the Xray kit, but I do not want a difficult car to handle! I did try a Durango 410 last night at my club and I found it a little twitchy, but a hell of a lot easier to drive than a 2wd buggy.
trr061984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #2957
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigato View Post
Do you actually own one?
I was going to ask the same thing.
Tijuana_Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #2958
Tech Elite
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,993
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trr061984 View Post
I think my biggest problem was going over to 1/8th buggy with a Kyosho Mp9 which is a lot easier to drive then anything I have ever owned.

So, with a little tuning, we reckon this will handle okay? I should say that I will be running on carpet and polished wooden floors for the upcoming winter (and when it goes outside it will be on grass which is always likely to be wet and slippery in the winter). I really like the look of the Xray kit, but I do not want a difficult car to handle! I did try a Durango 410 last night at my club and I found it a little twitchy, but a hell of a lot easier to drive than a 2wd buggy.
I love my xb4. this is my first 4wd buggy and I learned how to drive with it (driving was easy, jumping/ down siding was a different story). the car is SOLID. The only parts that broke was the V1 front bulk head and V1 35t bevel gear. The V2 stuff is allot stronger!

out of the box I was running a slightly modified stock set up and it was great. after I got acquainted with the XB4 I tried the Martin Bayer euro championship set up on a loose and loamy track and it was hooked up! Now for winter I知 running on carpet/turf, changed to the Bayer carpet set up and its PERFECT! the car is very stable and very well planted. if you get the xb4 you will not be disappointed (if you are let me know and I値l buy it from you. I知 in the market to pick up another one)
__________________
RC Plus*McKune Designs*NW Hobbies*Premier RC Raceways*Daves Tracks
joeymdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #2959
Tech Apprentice
 
glock man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 79
Default

Originally Posted by latentspeed View Post
They really should do a 2014 xb4. The car has the most steering, but durability is the problem. It was designed for astro turf so it would be nice if it had a carbon fiber chassis option for more flex too for us US guys. That way I could get both xb4 and d413. But I doubt it will happen soon. Too busy with onroad they didn't have the chance to prepare for last weeks worlds. The car has so much potential it's a shame it doesn't get the work and attention from the engineers.

Haters got to Hate! I don't think you know what your talking about latentspeed.
__________________
TLR 22, TLR TEN SCTE 2.0, XXX-SCT, Xray B4, AIRTRONICS, TEKIN, ORION
glock man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #2960
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymdz View Post
I love my xb4. this is my first 4wd buggy and I learned how to drive with it (driving was easy, jumping/ down siding was a different story). the car is SOLID. The only parts that broke was the V1 front bulk head and V1 35t bevel gear. The V2 stuff is allot stronger!

out of the box I was running a slightly modified stock set up and it was great. after I got acquainted with the XB4 I tried the Martin Bayer euro championship set up on a loose and loamy track and it was hooked up! Now for winter I知 running on carpet/turf, changed to the Bayer carpet set up and its PERFECT! the car is very stable and very well planted. if you get the xb4 you will not be disappointed (if you are let me know and I値l buy it from you. I知 in the market to pick up another one)
Right, you have convinced me! Not that i really needed that much convincing. I will get it ordered and see how the build goes. The instructions look top class in comparison to the Kyosho ones I have used previously!
trr061984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #2961
Tech Elite
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,993
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trr061984 View Post
Right, you have convinced me! Not that i really needed that much convincing. I will get it ordered and see how the build goes. The instructions look top class in comparison to the Kyosho ones I have used previously!
oh ya its allot easier to read than the RB6 manual

here are some tech tips:

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/xray/setupxb4/XB4_Tips/

enjoy!
__________________
RC Plus*McKune Designs*NW Hobbies*Premier RC Raceways*Daves Tracks
joeymdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #2962
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 328
Default

lol I was just pointing out that the car could be worked on a bit,
thought it was one of the best, but everyone here thinks the car is perfect. XRAY FOREVER right?!
latentspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #2963
Tech Addict
 
advpball's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 587
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

if you want a really nice build the tekno eb48.2 is really nice build. imho just as nice or better, whish they had 1/10 buggy 4wd so for now xray seems pretty nice need to get out on track next weekend.
__________________
xray xb2 de and xsc2,eb410
eb 48.3 for sale artr 500
all powered by smc battery's and
hobbywing esc, airtronics controlled MT4s
advpball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #2964
Tech Addict
 
advpball's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 587
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Almost done building. The rear tierods in book seem to be binding?
Is it suppose to be in front of hub and back of tower? Quite the angle?
__________________
xray xb2 de and xsc2,eb410
eb 48.3 for sale artr 500
all powered by smc battery's and
hobbywing esc, airtronics controlled MT4s
advpball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #2965
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by advpball View Post
Almost done building. The rear tierods in book seem to be binding?
Is it suppose to be in front of hub and back of tower? Quite the angle?
That's correct behind tower, in front of hub, follows the angle of the rear arms pretty close.
Tijuana_Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #2966
Boz
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 961
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentspeed View Post
lol I was just pointing out that the car could be worked on a bit,
thought it was one of the best, but everyone here thinks the car is perfect. XRAY FOREVER right?!
I think it is you, who thinks everyone here thinks it is a perfect car. If it was that perfect, I would be finishing first every race and a lap up on the field. I think

Xray probably doesn't employ +1 designer per chassis. There will be times where car will be shown none to limited attention due to other commitment in the company. I believe the XB4 kit is traveling along quiet well. I personally don't see any reason for a release of a XB4 '14 kit soon, the current kit is very competitive out of the box.

Hey Latentspeed, how about listing us some items you would like to see changed or updated on this chassis and why.
__________________
Chris Bozich
Xray XB8 XB4 XB2
Futaba 4PX and servo's
Powered by Nosram motors and FX engines.
Many thanks to HEI and Perth RC for their support over the years.
Boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #2967
Tech Elite
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,993
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz
Default

I wished they would have made more aluminum parts that came with the car (bleeder caps, CVd cups, servo mounts, hubs) and better pistons

But that's why we have aftermarket manufacturers
__________________
RC Plus*McKune Designs*NW Hobbies*Premier RC Raceways*Daves Tracks
joeymdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #2968
Tech Elite
 
asc6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Meridian Idaho
Posts: 3,386
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

alu junk
__________________
"you reach the limit, you touch the limit, then you pass the limit, now there is a new limit"
Ayrton Senna
asc6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #2969
Tech Elite
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,993
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc6000 View Post
alu junk
Not when its from xray... hello!
__________________
RC Plus*McKune Designs*NW Hobbies*Premier RC Raceways*Daves Tracks
joeymdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #2970
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

I haven't seen a need for any aftermarket aluminum parts yet.
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EP buggies thread sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 3586 03-30-2016 11:53 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
suzukipro
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:47 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net