R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree52Likes

Old 10-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #2941
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktorpil View Post
Congratulations, mate. What turn motor did you use? I was struggling to get speed the whole event.
thank you very much, I used 7.5t muchmore motor with 18/81 gearing, our track was rather small and technical so that was more than enough power.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #2942
Tech Fanatic

Hi, i run a Nosram Pure2 Modified 6.5 T (90674) and i would like to know what is the ideal temperature for it. At the moment i got 21 pinion at 80*C. Is that ok or i should look for 65*C Temperature with may be 19 or 20T.

Thank you
Old 10-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #2943
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Pure2's are fine at 80 deg. You may want to drop a tooth or two later as we go into summer though...
Old 10-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #2944
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys Im looking at getting the XB4 however I know xray offers new models every year or revised models of the previous .... Just wondering if anyone has heard if there coming out with a XB4 '14 or is it staying the way it is .

Just trying to find this out so I know if I should order now or what until the new one comes out .

Thanks in advance
Will,
yunowill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #2945
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz

If anyone is looking to upgrade their existing servo mount with an aluminium one I suggest the universal one from avid. Its a great low profile aluminium mount. When purchasing the mount you don't need the extra spacers so it saves a few bucks there.

I was having issues with my servo not recentering and it was due to my composite mounts not staying in place
Old 10-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #2946
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Looks like Exotek just released their aluminum servo mounts for the car along with some other aluminum goodies, most notably aluminum rear hubs.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #2947
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth556 View Post
Looks like Exotek just released their aluminum servo mounts for the car along with some other aluminum goodies, most notably aluminum rear hubs.
Haha they told me that on Monday but I couldn't wait.. I was looking all day today and nadda on their site.. lol
Old 10-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #2948
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunowill View Post
Hey guys Im looking at getting the XB4 however I know xray offers new models every year or revised models of the previous .... Just wondering if anyone has heard if there coming out with a XB4 '14 or is it staying the way it is .

Just trying to find this out so I know if I should order now or what until the new one comes out .

Thanks in advance
Will,

Touring cars seem to get updated once a year for some reason, but 4wd 10th scale buggies not so much.

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻💪😃👍🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:19 AM   #2949
Suspended

They really should do a 2014 xb4. The car has the most steering, but durability is the problem. It was designed for astro turf so it would be nice if it had a carbon fiber chassis option for more flex too for us US guys. That way I could get both xb4 and d413. But I doubt it will happen soon. Too busy with onroad they didn't have the chance to prepare for last weeks worlds. The car has so much potential it's a shame it doesn't get the work and attention from the engineers.
latentspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:40 AM   #2950
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentspeed View Post
They really should do a 2014 xb4. The car has the most steering, but durability is the problem. It was designed for astro turf so it would be nice if it had a carbon fiber chassis option for more flex too for us US guys. That way I could get both xb4 and d413. But I doubt it will happen soon. Too busy with onroad they didn't have the chance to prepare for last weeks worlds. The car has so much potential it's a shame it doesn't get the work and attention from the engineers.
You don't think that the stock xray chassis has any flex? I feel that it has more flex than any other 4wd buggy on the market (Kyosho zx-5 may have as much if not more). This buggy has been great on every surface that I have ran it on including looser dirt. I was actually considering getting the longer top deck for higher traction conditions to take some flex out.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #2951
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

What are you having durability problems with? This is debatably the most durable 4wd buggy on the market. Also if you need more flex you can take out screws in the chassis depending on how much you want. Look in the manual and it'll tell you, you can go from super stiff to super flexible. If you don't think it works on clay then you haven't been looking at it's race results.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #2952
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've heard a few people say it has durability issues, but I have no idea wtf they are talking about. Even without the v2 upgrade parts, it was stronger than most other 4wds on the market. With the v2 updates, it's a tank. The abuse I've put mine through would have destroyed most other 4wds.

What durability problems are you referring to?
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #2953
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentspeed View Post
Do you actually own one?
XRay XB2
XRay T4'17
Arigato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #2954
Tech Apprentice

Looking at the XB4, but the only thing that is putting me off slightly is that it apparently has a 'loose' end. I am a pretty poor driver and the real reason I am coming over to 4wd is that the 2wd buggy is a complete nightmare to handle in wet conditions! Any thoughts?
trr061984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #2955
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trr061984 View Post
Looking at the XB4, but the only thing that is putting me off slightly is that it apparently has a 'loose' end. I am a pretty poor driver and the real reason I am coming over to 4wd is that the 2wd buggy is a complete nightmare to handle in wet conditions! Any thoughts?
The stock set up can be a little loose in the rear. I run 2wd buggy and 4wd buggy so the transition between the two can be tough. On my XB4 I added rear toe and went with the softest rear spring and it's very hooked up and the rear end looseness is gone.
XRay XB2
XRay T4'17
Arigato is offline   Reply With Quote