R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree52Likes

Old 09-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #2851
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

[/IMG]

EB48SL/RX8/TekinT8i/Hitec7599/SMC4500(4S)
Grasshopper/Tekin FX/Twister 27T/FutabaS9551/Speed power
HeavyD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #2852
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post

Looks a lot better painted. Thanks.
ImageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #2853
Tech Adept

Is anyone running these SMC packs? I was wondering how well they fit. http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...&product_id=69
Old 09-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #2854
Tech Initiate

SMC packs fit fine strap is just a little tight but not bad at all.
sls7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #2855
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I see Xray now touting the new graphite satellite gears for their gear diff.
Are they really necessary?

Seems they are more for the onroad guys.
leongkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #2856
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not only tested but released and a good option for those not wanting to use the metal gears. IF I need new gears I'll definitely be trying those.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #2857
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImageX View Post
Is anyone running these SMC packs? I was wondering how well they fit. http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...&product_id=69
I use those in mine and they're awesome. They fit fine, with any saddle pack I use some foam on the outside "wall" of the tray so they fit snug and don't move around side to side.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #2858
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sls7474 View Post
SMC packs fit fine strap is just a little tight but not bad at all.
Sounds good.... thanks!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #2859
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth556 View Post
I use those in mine and they're awesome. They fit fine, with any saddle pack I use some foam on the outside "wall" of the tray so they fit snug and don't move around side to side.
Yeah, I love my SMC packs. I run them in my Mugen and also do the foam thing. They are the best packs for the money hands down. There really isn't much better out there at any price. I'll be buying 2-3 sets of saddles for sure.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #2860
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Anyone know how know how Josh Wheeler is doing at the worlds?

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻💪😃👍🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

Last edited by RED-LINE M03; 09-25-2013 at 03:28 PM.
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #2861
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

hey guys. for those of you that want to know what part number to get to get the exact track width. i spent a ALOTTTTT hours measuring and a few bucks on some parts. i run for AKA so i got aka kyosho front 4wd wheels and aka kyosho/ae rear wheels. its quite simple actually but youll need some dremeling skills. i rechecked everything and i even put the car up on a hudy board and the track width came out to exactly the same on the front and rear.

the problem with the front is the wheel is thinner then other brands. for the front youll need losi part number TLR2930. the rear wheels are the same width but the problem is the offset is really different from stock wheel to other brands. for the rear youll need Losi part number TLR2932. These two part number will give you the correct offset for both. the only problem is the stock pin in our axles wont fit in the slot on the TLR hubs. you have to get a very thin dremel bit and with patience dremel out the side on the hubs where the pin goes. do it slowly with test fitting between dremeling. once done youll have the same track width with non xray wheel. good luck.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #2862
Tech Apprentice

Update 19. october: This problem has been solved. I had incorrectly mounted the pin in the driveshaft joint at xb4_manual (page 8). My pin did not go through the small Drive Shaft Barrel hole.

Help. I have a problem and I am not sure where the problem is 100%. The front central transmission bevel drive gear (part 365114) is not going around like it should. It staggers at every turn of the drive shaft.

At first, I thought the drive shaft was bent, but then I exchanged it with the rear drive shaft - and the same thing happens. I've also exchange bearings and drive gears from the back, with no change. I wonder if the front central transmission box (36 2000 diff bulkhead block front) has been bent?

I have tried switching the ujoint shaft with the one from the back but that does not help

I made a short movie of my problem. Any reply would be appreciated!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMUF3M6gkGE

Last edited by coretex; 10-19-2013 at 03:12 PM.
coretex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #2863
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaderL View Post
hey guys. for those of you that want to know what part number to get to get the exact track width. i spent a ALOTTTTT hours measuring and a few bucks on some parts. i run for AKA so i got aka kyosho front 4wd wheels and aka kyosho/ae rear wheels. its quite simple actually but youll need some dremeling skills. i rechecked everything and i even put the car up on a hudy board and the track width came out to exactly the same on the front and rear.

the problem with the front is the wheel is thinner then other brands. for the front youll need losi part number TLR2930. the rear wheels are the same width but the problem is the offset is really different from stock wheel to other brands. for the rear youll need Losi part number TLR2932. These two part number will give you the correct offset for both. the only problem is the stock pin in our axles wont fit in the slot on the TLR hubs. you have to get a very thin dremel bit and with patience dremel out the side on the hubs where the pin goes. do it slowly with test fitting between dremeling. once done youll have the same track width with non xray wheel. good luck.
Durango wheels. DE Racing Borrego.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #2864
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by coretex View Post
Help. I have a problem and I am not sure where the problem is 100%. The front central transmission bevel drive gear (part 365114) is not going around like it should. It staggers at every turn of the drive shaft.

At first, I thought the drive shaft was bent, but then I exchanged it with the rear drive shaft - and the same thing happens. I've also exchange bearings and drive gears from the back, with no change. I wonder if the front central transmission box (36 2000 diff bulkhead block front) has been bent?

I made a short movie of my problem. Any reply would be appreciated!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMUF3M6gkGE
Looks like the ujoint shaft is bent. part#36 5440
Old 09-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #2865
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImageX View Post
Durango wheels. DE Racing Borrego.
i run for aka. so the price of a set of any other wheel is almost triple for me. even at my discount xray wheels is almost twice the cost of aka wheels. i have regionals coming up. in wheels alone for 2wd and 4wd i have close to 50 sets. you do the math. that plus what happens if xray or DE racing is out of stock? plus let say youre at a race and need an emergency set of wheels. im sure youll have a lot better luck finding a set of proline, aka or JC wheels instead of durango, DE or xray wheels.