Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

Default Xray "XB2"

For those interested there's video from our very first test of Malin's new "XB2" on astro turf from this weekends Swedish Cup round on her Facebook page (link in my signature).

I'll be adding more videos with some comments a little later (also adding them to YouTube eventually )

Bent
Old 09-09-2013, 02:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
For those interested there's video from our very first test of Malin's new "XB2" on astro turf from this weekends Swedish Cup round on her Facebook page (link in my signature).

I'll be adding more videos with some comments a little later (also adding them to YouTube eventually )

Bent
Did you remove the front centre driveshaft, diff, front bones?
Old 09-09-2013, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeymdz
Its funny that were talking about servos. I'm not sure if its my bls551 no centering or if its my servo saver. I bought the car used (roller) and had zero issues until recently. The servo saver was at 2.5mm and I went back to 1mm as per the manual. It seems to be corrected but that shouldn't of made a difference correct? Has anyone else had problems from their cars not centering?
check that the servo isn't moving on the mounting screws. if you have only used the screws on the servo ears and tightened them down you may need to add some grommets in the ears to fill the hole around the screws.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by silvalis
Did you remove the front centre driveshaft, diff, front bones?

Yes to all 3

Also moved new rear tower with additional camber link holes behind bulkhead, added tower/bulkhead brace, mounted shocks to the rear with new holes in the a-arms, full length carbon top deck, under li-po weights and under rear gearbox weight

Bent
Old 09-09-2013, 05:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok so i made the push and got a XB4 from oople great deal as it came with a joblot of spares and tyres, I know i am not the best driver and at the weekend was abit reckless with the trigger finger.

The guy i brought it off never gave me the manual or told me the set so that didn't either, but i mostly blame my self for the driving skills.

Im planning to put it back to stock set up, my question is should i stick with the stock set up and continue racing to a good standard then look for a set up to follow or should i find a set up to begin with.

I currently race when i can at the surry and hants track which is astroturf

Any advice id be most greatfull.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speed Nerd. You can download the manual here:
http://www.teamxray.com/xb4/download/

There's two set up sheets available in the manual, one for carpet and one for clay. Both are very good starting points depending on your local terrain. Petitrc.com also has a lot of set up sheets for your type of conditions as well.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speed Nerd
Im planning to put it back to stock set up, my question is should i stick with the stock set up and continue racing to a good standard then look for a set up to follow or should i find a set up to begin with.

I currently race when i can at the surry and hants track which is astroturf

Any advice id be most greatfull.
Have you looked at Petitrc yet?
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/xray/Se...tsXrayXB4.html

AND im sure this got over looked but when talking about the servo saver being tight, medium, and soft on the setup sheets.. would soft be 1mm, medium 2mm, and tight 3mm? Is there an exact measurement?
Old 09-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

the spec in the book is 1mm but that shouldn't have any affect on recentering. Make sure the servo is mounted well and then simply check every piece from there on out. Pop the servo case and check the gears as well.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asc6000
the spec in the book is 1mm but that shouldn't have any affect on recentering. Make sure the servo is mounted well and then simply check every piece from there on out. Pop the servo case and check the gears as well.
My servo horn wasn't looking pretty and I'm almost sure it was skipping from there. Also took apart the servo and all the gears looked perfect (better be its only a few weeks old )

Ya I took EVERYTHING apart last night and the horn was the only part that needed to be replaced. The weird issue was when I adjust the servo saverat the track from 2.5mm to 1mm the servo re-centered itself (less resistance?)

So later on that night I looked at the Hudy off-road and Truggy set up book and under 1.7.2 Servo Saver Preload it said:

Softer: Less Steering, Better suited to standard servos.
Stiffer: More steering with a quicker reaction, Better suited to high torque metal-geared servos

I figured there would be an exact measurement used for adjusting the servo saver for Tight, Medium, and Soft
Old 09-10-2013, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

So I noticed Hudy just released a line of oils.

I wonder what the difference is supposed to be between these and the XRAY oils...
Old 09-10-2013, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

I wonder what the difference is supposed to be between these and the XRAY oils...
Same oils, bigger bottles AND cheaper

We use them

Bent
Old 09-10-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
Yes to all 3

Also moved new rear tower with additional camber link holes behind bulkhead, added tower/bulkhead brace, mounted shocks to the rear with new holes in the a-arms, full length carbon top deck, under li-po weights and under rear gearbox weight

Bent
Hello Bent,

Would you happeb to have the part numbers on the below battery weights, new shock tower?

Also, a pic of the new a-arm holes? Im very interested in trying my XB4 as a 2wdfor a midmotor alternative

Thanks
Old 09-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Machined pistons

I'm really enjoying my XB4 build thus far - this thing is a tank! However, I must admit, I'm a little disappointed in the shock internals and pistons. These molded pieces are not what I would consider up to XRay standards, there is a lot of blow by with the pistons for example.

With TLR & other manufacturers releasing new machined pistons, shock internals & x-patterened o-rings, as well as coated shock shafts - I hope XRay soon offers the same.

On my wish list - 1.6mm & 1.7mm 2-hole pistons!

(side note - I tried to drill out some of my own pistons, but again, there's the stock part blow by and the holes came out a little bit oval-shaped due to my unsteady hand).

May have to order up some Avid 2+2's!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Link?
Old 09-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
On my wish list - 1.6mm & 1.7mm 2-hole pistons!

(side note - I tried to drill out some of my own pistons, but again, there's the stock part blow by and the holes came out a little bit oval-shaped due to my unsteady hand).

May have to order up some Avid 2+2's!

my buddy has some avids and they are a bit too tight. My other buddy is using kyosho big bores. Im almost tempted to get the RB Products "A.D.S."

I drilled mine out to 1.6F and 1.7R

Originally Posted by Odin544
Link?
http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/news/newsd...&kategoria=194

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.