R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree44Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #2461
Tech Fanatic
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

With the deals on SP stuff you can get a esc and spare motor for a good price.
Otherwise hobbywing orion.. Toro looks really good as well.. Someone is surely going to chime in with tekin but you need a pc if you want play with settings. The other escs you have a program box
__________________
XB2 CE
XB4 16
Sanwa
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #2462
Tech Elite
 
seth556's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,201
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekow91 View Post
Hey guys, I was thinking of picking up an XB4 and had a few quick noob questions. I will be running on a indoor clay track with some tight turns and good traction and wanted to know if the kit set up was a good place to start or if you guys found a better setup.

I was planning on running the the avid 2+2 pistons based on Aloksatoor recommendation. But I wasn't sure if there were any other hop up/tuning options I should consider.

Also, does anyone have a lead on a used one? I checked the classifieds and only saw one.
My setup is pretty close to stock. Those pistons are really good, helps the car quite a bit. Other than that I'm running 5/3 diff oil and a lot of guys are running 5/5 or 7/7. I've tried a lot of things on setup and like some of them but then I'll go to another track and it's terrible or inconsistent. The stock setup is very fast, there's just little tweaks to adjust it into your driving style and track conditions.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #2463
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8
Default Shorty battery conversion.

How do you think about shorty battery conversion kit for XB4 like DMX410??

I made a conversion kit.
blurabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:26 AM   #2464
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 673
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

where can I get metal diff gears for the XB4? thanks
__________________
Tekno: NT48, ET48, EB48, SCT410
Xray: 2 XB9E, XB9, XT9 E, XB8 E 2014, 808E, 2 T4, XB4, XB4 2015
Losi: SCTE 2.0, 8T 3.0E, 2 8T 2.0E, Mini8T, 2 Mini8,
Mullet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:50 AM   #2465
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet1 View Post
where can I get metal diff gears for the XB4? thanks
Just use these part # in Google and find the one with the best price/delivery time

NT1 Metal diff gears: part #335030
Metal pins: part #335080
LW alu. hard coated pins: part #335081


Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | Futaba | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel
Hiro Seiko | DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | LapMonitor | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #2466
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 673
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Just use these part # in Google and find the one with the best price/delivery time

NT1 Metal diff gears: part #335030
Metal pins: part #335080
LW alu. hard coated pins: part #335081


Bent
got a question

I bought this and it doesn't seem to work....too tight of a mesh. I only used the gears and pins. Do I use the shims behind the small gears like the plastic ones use?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/advance...335050&x=7&y=8

thanks a BUNCH for your help.
__________________
Tekno: NT48, ET48, EB48, SCT410
Xray: 2 XB9E, XB9, XT9 E, XB8 E 2014, 808E, 2 T4, XB4, XB4 2015
Losi: SCTE 2.0, 8T 3.0E, 2 8T 2.0E, Mini8T, 2 Mini8,

Last edited by Mullet1; 07-10-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Mullet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #2467
Tech Regular
 
pekow91's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 433
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth556 View Post
My setup is pretty close to stock. Those pistons are really good, helps the car quite a bit. Other than that I'm running 5/3 diff oil and a lot of guys are running 5/5 or 7/7. I've tried a lot of things on setup and like some of them but then I'll go to another track and it's terrible or inconsistent. The stock setup is very fast, there's just little tweaks to adjust it into your driving style and track conditions.
Thank you.
__________________
Kyosho RB6 | Kyosho MP9 TKI3E | Xray XB4
pekow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #2468
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet1 View Post
got a question

I bought this and it doesn't seem to work....too tight of a mesh. I only used the gears and pins. Do I use the shims behind the small gears like the plastic ones use?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/advance...335050&x=7&y=8

thanks a BUNCH for your help.

Yes.....you replace plastic with metal and assemble as usual.

The metal gears and pins are a direct replacement for the plastic parts so there's no need to change the shimming.

We've run this for 6+ months now with both the old crown gear and the new upgraded 35T gear.

No issues at all

(I'm assuming the set you bought contains the #335030 gears).

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | Futaba | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel
Hiro Seiko | DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | LapMonitor | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #2469
Tech Regular
 
pekow91's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 433
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

I was thinking about running a Speed Passion 6.5 motor in my XB4. Anyone run these motors a 4wd buggy
__________________
Kyosho RB6 | Kyosho MP9 TKI3E | Xray XB4
pekow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #2470
Tech Master
 
Z00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Xray have introduced an updated set of carbon composite diff gears for those needing more peace of mind but not wanting to update to the steel ones.

New part number is 304931 (old number was 304930). Seems it was introduced back in June.
__________________
My blog: http://mikesrc.wordpress.com
XRAY XB4
## NOSRAM ## XRAY ## KO ##
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:25 AM   #2471
Tech Elite
 
rraden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 4,689
Trader Rating: 232 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekow91 View Post
I was thinking about running a Speed Passion 6.5 motor in my XB4. Anyone run these motors a 4wd buggy
I'm currently running a SP 6.5 in my car. Motor is OK but seems to lack torque coming out of the corners. I had to turn up the boost to get it to pull harder. I'm going to put a 6.5 Ballistic in it to see what the difference is.
__________________
Xray XB8E 2016 | Xray XB4 2017 | Xray XB2 DE 2017 | Xray XB8 2017
Dirt Burners - Livonia, Mi
The Track - Carleton, MI
rraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #2472
Tech Regular
 
mental_raycer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 306
Default stock 17.5 gearing

I'm planning on experimenting with a solution to the spur gear problem tonight, I tried using the AE spurs and removed one shoulder and reamed out the hole by hand but I found the body reamer can leave a large amount of slop on the hole if you miss your mark, causing the gear to spin off centre.

I'm making up a holder to go on a lathe that will allow quick and easy machining of the hole diameter to 5.9mm and then use the lathe to remove the shoulder, making the spur as nice and neat as possible. its great if you have access to a lathe
__________________
Chris Mitchell
West Coast Model RC Club President
------------------------------------------
Ryper Hobbies | AKA Racing | Hobbywing | Wild Turbo Fan
mental_raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:43 AM   #2473
Tech Regular
 
Bcholka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M View Post
Xray have introduced an updated set of carbon composite diff gears for those needing more peace of mind but not wanting to update to the steel ones.

New part number is 304931 (old number was 304930). Seems it was introduced back in June.
That is super helpful--Thanks for posting this!!!!
__________________
2-Tekno EB48.2's, 1-Tekno ET48, 1-Tekno NB48, 1-Tekno NT48, 1-Tekno SCT-410, 1-AE B5, 1-AE B5M, 1-Kyosho RT6, 1-Kyosho MP9e TKi, 1-TLR Losi Mini 8ight
Our Awesome Sponsors: Tekno RC, AKA Tires, Dialed Designs Airbrushing
Special Thanks to: Trackside Raceway, Clark R/C Park & RC Scoring Pro
Bcholka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:36 AM   #2474
Tech Elite
 
savagesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bayside, melbourne
Posts: 2,040
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Here is the first few laps of my Xray Xb4 buggy running Nosram 6.5t, Nosram esc, Nosram 5600 55c/110c on Proline at Knox Offroad today.

http://youtu.be/RaSFet6-BVY
__________________
- Australian Team Tekno Rc - The Nitro Shop - Nitro X Fuel -
- Proline - Coast 2 Coast Rc - Hearns Hobbies - SMC - Futaba -

- Sam's Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/savagexsam -
savagesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #2475
Tech Regular
 
Bcholka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_raycer View Post
I'm planning on experimenting with a solution to the spur gear problem tonight, I tried using the AE spurs and removed one shoulder and reamed out the hole by hand but I found the body reamer can leave a large amount of slop on the hole if you miss your mark, causing the gear to spin off centre.

I'm making up a holder to go on a lathe that will allow quick and easy machining of the hole diameter to 5.9mm and then use the lathe to remove the shoulder, making the spur as nice and neat as possible. its great if you have access to a lathe
What's the problem with the spur gear?? We've had zero issues on indoor high bite clay for months. Am I spose to be worried about something??
__________________
2-Tekno EB48.2's, 1-Tekno ET48, 1-Tekno NB48, 1-Tekno NT48, 1-Tekno SCT-410, 1-AE B5, 1-AE B5M, 1-Kyosho RT6, 1-Kyosho MP9e TKi, 1-TLR Losi Mini 8ight
Our Awesome Sponsors: Tekno RC, AKA Tires, Dialed Designs Airbrushing
Special Thanks to: Trackside Raceway, Clark R/C Park & RC Scoring Pro
Bcholka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EP buggies thread sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 3586 03-30-2016 11:53 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:07 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net