R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree36Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #226
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleC View Post
I heard cars had shipped from Xray last thursday, so they should be in the stores in Europe today. Anyone seen them?
Picking up one for myself and one for my 7 year old daughter tomorrow at the LHS

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips

Last edited by BentKa; 12-10-2012 at 08:59 AM.
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #227
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Picking up one for myself and one for my 7 year old daughter tomorrow at the LHS

Bent
Lucky Daughter!
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #228
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Lucky Daughter!
Christmas present

She started practicing with my SC10 4x4 3-4 weeks ago and already got an A-final start and 9th place finish in this weekends 4WD SC Open class in the winter series.

Her first ever race and 9th time ever at a track.

Ran 4 x 5 min qualifiers and 3 x 5 min A-finals earning her a 7th, 9th and 7th for a combined 9th place total.

Only prior RC experience is a few batteries through some of my crawlers.

Seems like she is a bit of a natural at this.......so she has kind of earned it

And what kind of dad would I be to deny her a racing buggy for christmas when that's on top of her wish list

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #229
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Christmas present

She started practicing with my SC10 4x4 3-4 weeks ago and already got an A-final start and 9th place finish in this weekends 4WD SC Open class in the winter series.

Her first ever race and 9th time ever at a track.

Ran 4 x 5 min qualifiers and 3 x 5 min A-finals earning her a 7th, 9th and 7th for a combined 9th place total.

Only prior RC experience is a few batteries through some of my crawlers.

Seems like she is a bit of a natural at this.......so she has kind of earned it

And what kind of dad would I be to deny her a racing buggy for christmas when that's on top of her wish list

Bent
Hell do you want a Son? I could use an XB4 as a Xmas present!

You have got a great lil one there, definitely a natural. Its actually disappointing that a 7yo is a better driver then me.
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #230
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Hell do you want a Son? I could use an XB4 as a Xmas present!

You have got a great lil one there, definitely a natural. Its actually disappointing that a 7yo is a better driver then me.
Who wouldn't want a XB4 as a present any day.......can't wait to get mine

Is this a good time to let you know she's getting the new SCT410 as well

Just watched the time sheets from the weekends race and she dropped her best lap time by a massive 3.751 seconds (30.199 to 26.448) during the day.
Consistently running every qualifier and final faster and faster.

At this rate she will be faster than "old" dad by new years

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #231
Tech Regular
 
TCarlson777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 285
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Christmas present

She started practicing with my SC10 4x4 3-4 weeks ago and already got an A-final start and 9th place finish in this weekends 4WD SC Open class in the winter series.

Her first ever race and 9th time ever at a track.

Ran 4 x 5 min qualifiers and 3 x 5 min A-finals earning her a 7th, 9th and 7th for a combined 9th place total.

Only prior RC experience is a few batteries through some of my crawlers.

Seems like she is a bit of a natural at this.......so she has kind of earned it

And what kind of dad would I be to deny her a racing buggy for christmas when that's on top of her wish list

Bent
You sir are one fine father!
__________________
Tom Carlson
TCarlson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #232
Tech Master
 
OnRDPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West LA
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

so are the shock bodies on this car plastic or aluminum?
OnRDPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #233
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCarlson777 View Post
You sir are one fine father!
Well thanks

But I'm just thrilled to have a daughter that actually bugs ME to get to the track

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #234
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnRDPassion View Post
so are the shock bodies on this car plastic or aluminum?

Aluminum


Hard coated aluminum shock bodies 368120/368220
Aluminum lower shock body cap 368140
Aluminum shock adjusting nut 368040
Composite bleeder shock cap 368010

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #235
Tech Master
 
OnRDPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West LA
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Aluminum


Hard coated aluminum shock bodies 368120/368220
Aluminum lower shock body cap 368140
Aluminum shock adjusting nut 368040
Composite bleeder shock cap 368010

Bent
Awesome thank you for the quick response!
OnRDPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #236
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Who wouldn't want a XB4 as a present any day.......can't wait to get mine

Is this a good time to let you know she's getting the new SCT410 as well

Just watched the time sheets from the weekends race and she dropped her best lap time by a massive 3.751 seconds (30.199 to 26.448) during the day.
Consistently running every qualifier and final faster and faster.

At this rate she will be faster than "old" dad by new years

Bent
Ok now your just showing off..... :P

Feel like selling my gear and giving up on rc lol.
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #237
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Ok now your just showing off..... :P

Feel like selling my gear and giving up on rc lol.
He he......well how do you think I feel......got my first RC car in -79.......

I hand over my Futaba for her to "just try it out".......and barely 4 weeks later she's within 1.6 seconds off my best lap ever with the exact same car and setup

I'll just retire, do the wrenching and setup for her......and live vicariously through her instead

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #238
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: norway
Posts: 189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Who wouldn't want a XB4 as a present any day.......can't wait to get mine

Is this a good time to let you know she's getting the new SCT410 as well

Just watched the time sheets from the weekends race and she dropped her best lap time by a massive 3.751 seconds (30.199 to 26.448) during the day.
Consistently running every qualifier and final faster and faster.

At this rate she will be faster than "old" dad by new years

Bent
Hei Bent.

I told you she is better than me. To bad i could not race this weekend.
How old is she?Do not bather to answer it wil only put me down,way down.

See you later..

tommy
__________________
Sorry for my bad english..
xray808--xb9--sanwa MT4---savox---novarossi--RB--Protek--arrow--buku
xray808-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #239
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray808-11 View Post
Hei Bent.

I told you she is better than me. To bad i could not race this weekend.
How old is she?Do not bather to answer it wil only put me down,way down.

See you later..

tommy
Heisann Tommy

She's had a steep learning curve for sure.
Just 3-4 weeks ago she struggled to even stay on track and now she's already breathing down my neck and running damn consistent to boot

Can't wait to watch her try the new Xray

Pssst.....she turned 7 in July..........

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #240
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

when is this car supposed to hit the states?
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EP buggies thread sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 3586 03-30-2016 11:53 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:56 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net