R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree52Likes

Old 04-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #2071
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
In order to program my orion I have to remove the sensor wire out of my motor and if I run the wires under the deck it is much harder.
How do you figure that? I have the same speedo wired up running the wires under the deck. The orion has two sensor ports. I use the one that is on the top of the speedo.

Sponsors: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and my wife's bank account.
Edumakated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #2072
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edumakated View Post
How do you figure that? I have the same speedo wired up running the wires under the deck. The orion has two sensor ports. I use the one that is on the top of the speedo.
As I've said previously, if I run the motor wires under the deck the wires end up blocking the sensor port on my reedy motor, which means I have to move the wires out of the way to remove the sensor wire so I can program the r10 pro. If I was running an orion motor it would not matter because I would then be able to use the secondary sensor port. I've wired it both ways, this works better for me.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #2073
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
As I've said previously, if I run the motor wires under the deck the wires end up blocking the sensor port on my reedy motor, which means I have to move the wires out of the way to remove the sensor wire so I can program the r10 pro. If I was running an orion motor it would not matter because I would then be able to use the secondary sensor port. I've wired it both ways, this works better for me.
I get that. Run your sensor wire over the top deck, but then run the actual motor wires under the deck. That way, you can easily unplug the sensor wire to use the programming box.

I had the same issue. I'll post some pics later. Just trying to help you clean it up a little bit.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #2074
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edumakated View Post
I get that. Run your sensor wire over the top deck, but then run the actual motor wires under the deck. That way, you can easily unplug the sensor wire to use the programming box.

I had the same issue. I'll post some pics later. Just trying to help you clean it up a little bit.
Yet another example of people should just mind their own business, it's HIS car HE can run HIS wires anyway HE wants to! Next time I wire my car I'll make sure to get your approval or just not post pics.
Tijuana_Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #2075
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijuana_Taxi View Post
Yet another example of people should just mind their own business, it's HIS car HE can run HIS wires anyway HE wants to! Next time I wire my car I'll make sure to get your approval or just not post pics.
No just trying to be helpful. Honestly, I could careless what he does, but Xray obviously set the car up so you can wire under the deck. I wasn't the only one who pointed it out. I have the same speedo and was able to do so and still easily use the programming box, so just trying give a tip to other users.

Some of us appreciate feedback and sharing tips. If you don't STFU and do things your way, whether it works or not.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #2076
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijuana_Taxi View Post

jhautz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #2077
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I have run wires under the shaft right now. When my new speedo (HW v3) shows up, I am going to run thinner and shorter wires from the top cos thats the shortest possible path and lighter as well. The lower wire guides going to be for the pesky sensor wires.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #2078
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The one thing about over the top wiring... if you make your wires short and tidy getting the top plate off is a pain.
My bad too because it also makes it a pain to get the motor in/out when it's wired.
Anyone using motor connectors like these ? can we get a pic ?
Old 04-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #2079
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc6000 View Post
The one thing about over the top wiring... if you make your wires short and tidy getting the top plate off is a pain.
My bad too because it also makes it a pain to get the motor in/out when it's wired.
Anyone using motor connectors like these ? can we get a pic ?
I did use them when I started in the hobby a couple years or so ago (tacon stuff had it). Hate them. The banana connectors dont grab as much over time. The speedpassion MMM motors dont have solder tabs they just got 3.5 mm nubs stickin out from the end bell. I stopped using it for that reason.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #2080
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I guess I am spoiled by not hard wiring batteries nowadays and would like to stop soldering motors too. Time to look for options.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #2081
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Got a local racer who runs/sponsored by speed passion and I've seen him have several motor wires come unsoldered during races. He does run pretty low turn mod motors drawing a lot of power. But it's my belief he is losing the wires because the plugs are either wearing out quick or vibrating lose and causing excessive resistance and then the connection heats up. It's a horrible design IMO. There is a reason 99% of people eliminate the RTR style motor connectors. The only ones I have seen that I would ever consider using are the Qteq connectors. I can unsolder/resolder a motor just as fast as someone could unbolt/bolt these though. So I don't see the point.

http://www.reflexracing.net/QTEQ-Pow...bs_p_1161.html
Old 04-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #2082
Tech Initiate

Default XB4 Electronics layout

I run my wires under the top deck and I can also program my ESC with ease
Attached Thumbnails
Xray XB4 thread-20130411_104840.jpg  
BJ4ZOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:42 AM   #2083
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

what upgrades would eople recommend from stock?

also what about options ? springs, sway bars etc or no need?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:12 AM   #2084
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarred King View Post
what upgrades would eople recommend from stock?

also what about options ? springs, sway bars etc or no need?

For me this is why I buy cray they r very reliable /HD in kit form .
May want to grab a few sway bars and shock oils but the kit springs will give u 95% of what anyone needs to be in the Amain with a good driver behind the wheel.
I have 2 in stock form and I've played with oils and shock location and pretty much just drive it.
Now if u race indoor on nice smooth clay springs from avid might get u set up a little better .
But for a outdoor track the stock springs will/does do great
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #2085
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

bugleboy is doing a front bumper/skid for the xb4 now.