Xray XB4 thread

Old 12-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

De racing makes 14mm hex rims
Old 12-04-2012, 11:49 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R.Shackleford
4wd buggies are not meant to be smashed around the track. If you can't make 5 laps without crashing, 4wd buggies are not for you. Lets call a spade a spade, 4wd buggies are for decent drivers.
You mean you can select all the other racers as well, so noone will hack you off track or into another car? How lucky.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I have to admit , reading and viewing the XB4 presentation on the XRAY website I became a little excited.
Very impressive XRAY.
I better start saving for this , XRAY are going to have to take my money , I strongly insist on it.

" the new beast to beat "
Old 12-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roman
I have to admit , reading and viewing the XB4 presentation on the XRAY website I became a little excited.
Very impressive XRAY.
I better start saving for this , XRAY are going to have to take my money , I strongly insist on it.

" the new beast to beat "
See you on the track Roman :P
Old 12-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Looks to me like you could switch from 14mm to 12mm hex without any issues. And no droop screws sucks! If I didnt dislike Durango so much I would buy one just for the droop screws. Tearing shocks apart just to change droop is ridiculous!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think 14mm hex is the way to go. You get a beefier wheel and you dont get that much more rotating mass going from 12 to 14 mm hex. When we used to race brushed motors and had nicads and nihm's, we had to save weight, but that not tha case anymore.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This looks like a great setup. I've owned soooo many 4wd and I'm afraid this may be my next purchase. I just love the class but wish more people did as well.

Who carries Xray online in the US? Is it Amain, Stormer, Tower? My LHS (WCRC) mostly carries AE/Losi/Kyosho/Durango.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
This looks like a great setup. I've owned soooo many 4wd and I'm afraid this may be my next purchase. I just love the class but wish more people did as well.

Who carries Xray online in the US? Is it Amain, Stormer, Tower? My LHS (WCRC) mostly carries AE/Losi/Kyosho/Durango.
Answering my own question, it looks like Amain has them for pre-order.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...filter_mfr/140
Old 12-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I think I may have to try one of these out?
Old 12-04-2012, 01:39 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kjuliussen
I think 14mm hex is the way to go. You get a beefier wheel and you dont get that much more rotating mass going from 12 to 14 mm hex. When we used to race brushed motors and had nicads and nihm's, we had to save weight, but that not tha case anymore.
In this case why not go 17mm? Time tested on all 1:8 buggies.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr
You mean you can select all the other racers as well, so noone will hack you off track or into another car? How lucky.
No, but if you are a good driver you can greatly reduce the number of times people hack you. Plan your passes. Ever wonder why it looks like pro racers rarely get hacked? They know when to pass and when to hold back.

Originally Posted by kjuliussen
The weight difference between a 12mm and a 14mm hex is so negligible that there is not a person on the planet that could feel the difference on track. Different tires from different manufacturers have a greater difference in weight than the hexes.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

That is how you release a new car. I'm in love with my Kyosho but that website/release made me want one...
Old 12-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine

WCRC has an account with RC America, so they could order a kit for you. For any other areas, our normal online sites have pre-ordered, but your LHS can order one as well. We should still have some available from the first batch, so they should arrive to your LHS a couple days after we receive them. We have not seen a packing list yet, but all the spares and wheels were ordered from XRAY, so we hope we can ship any support parts that are needed along with the kits.

We were as frustrated as any customer waiting for the press release, but I am pretty impressed with the final presentation!

- Bryan
Old 12-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC America
WCRC has an account with RC America, so they could order a kit for you. For any other areas, our normal online sites have pre-ordered, but your LHS can order one as well. We should still have some available from the first batch, so they should arrive to your LHS a couple days after we receive them. We have not seen a packing list yet, but all the spares and wheels were ordered from XRAY, so we hope we can ship any support parts that are needed along with the kits.

We were as frustrated as any customer waiting for the press release, but I am pretty impressed with the final presentation!

- Bryan
Appreciate the updates....please keep them coming. Sounds like it may be possible to get it in time for Xmas in the U.S.??!?!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC America

- Bryan
I have one on pre-order from Mikes. Hoping the shop can get them the same day. Can't wait to built this kit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.