R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Xray XB4 thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/674605-xray-xb4-thread.html)

t8rtot 12-04-2012 07:54 AM

to me, it looks like they're going to rape you on the hop-ups alot of plastic where others have aluminum already.. and no one can deny xrays option parts arent cheap.

i know xrays platics are good but so is there marketing dept..it'll be $300 to get the hubs FR/RR hinge pin holders and rack and more.

looks good though and will be a winner i'm sure.

racer1812 12-04-2012 07:54 AM

I like it.

Edumakated 12-04-2012 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by t8rtot (Post 11514369)
to me, it looks like they're going to rape you on the hop-ups alot of plastic where others have aluminum already.. and no one can deny xrays option parts arent cheap.

i know xrays platics are good but so is there marketing dept..it'll be $300 to get the hubs FR/RR hinge pin holders and rack and more.

If the car is anything like the xb9/808 it won't need the alum bits unless you just like to bling out your cars. Xray plastic is practically indestructible. I didn't buy a single upgrade for my 808 and it was BY FAR the most durable 1/8 I've owned (I've pretty much owned every brand made at some point).

Regardless, I'd bet a steak dinner the xb4 is going to be exponentially more durable than the current crop of 1/10 cars.

triplesix 12-04-2012 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Edumakated (Post 11514270)
My only real disappointment is no droop screws. I don't get why it is so hard for 1/10 cars to have droop screws.

Exactly my opinion...
The cars susp. arms look so 1/8, why didn't they put in droop screws? :rolleyes:
Is there a reason why all other manufacturers but TD (DEX210 is featuring droop screws) limit droop by shock travel limiters?

Pulse_ 12-04-2012 08:10 AM

Now make a XB9E :)

wrightcs77 12-04-2012 08:13 AM

Looks good.

BashemSmashem 12-04-2012 08:28 AM

Meh ........

RC*PHREAK 12-04-2012 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem (Post 11514486)
Meh ........

:nod:

t0p_sh0tta 12-04-2012 08:55 AM

After looking over the manual, I really like it. I agree that droop screws would have been nice, along with a multi-plate slipper, and bearings in the steering rack. I'd like to try one. I want to see what prices are like first.

t8rtot 12-04-2012 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Edumakated (Post 11514405)
If the car is anything like the xb9/808 it won't need the alum bits unless you just like to bling out your cars. Xray plastic is practically indestructible. I didn't buy a single upgrade for my 808 and it was BY FAR the most durable 1/8 I've owned (I've pretty much owned every brand made at some point).

Regardless, I'd bet a steak dinner the xb4 is going to be exponentially more durable than the current crop of 1/10 cars.

I'm not sure if you've driven the current new generation 4 wheelers (cat/dex/tamiya) they're tough as nails

Edumakated 12-04-2012 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by t8rtot (Post 11514633)
I'm not sure if you've driven the current new generation 4 wheelers (cat/dex/tamiya) they're tough as nails

Currently wheeling a DEX. It is ok, but I wouldn't call it tank like. It has a few weak spots. Plastic is stiff (easier to break arms), bulk head plastic can strip out, and inner hinge pins are weak. Ball cups are worthless. Can't speak on Cat/Tamiya.

Xray plastic flexes and is very difficult to break. If they are using the same plastic from the xb9, I stand by my opinion the other cars won't be as durable. Of course, this could be disproven once car is released, but hopefully they did it right.

RC America 12-04-2012 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by t8rtot (Post 11514369)

The XB4 includes the adjustable, aluminum hinge pin holders pictured in the web presentation, no extra purchase needed. And I wouldn't expect an aluminum steering rack to be needed given their plastics. If customers request aluminum hubs, they may look to offer them, but I have not seen any mention yet.

From what I have seen, the only 'extras' to purchase will be tuning options (springs, sway bars, shock/diff oil). It should be ready to go out of the box!:D

- Bryan

Edumakated 12-04-2012 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by RC America (Post 11514683)
The XB4 includes the adjustable, aluminum hinge pin holders pictured in the web presentation, no extra purchase needed. And I wouldn't expect an aluminum steering rack to be needed given their plastics. If customers request aluminum hubs, they may look to offer them, but I have not seen any mention yet.

From what I have seen, the only 'extras' to purchase will be tuning options (springs, sway bars, shock/diff oil). It should be ready to go out of the box!:D

- Bryan

Any idea when these will be shipping?

WRR 12-04-2012 09:19 AM

Look at this setup sheet. It seems like theer will be a ball diff option for those who like that.

http://www.teamxray.com/xb4/download...eet_CARPET.pdf

Cpt.America 12-04-2012 09:27 AM

Does anybody else find it funny they used a gens-ace saddle pack for their product pictures? :weird: (those are gens-ace, ya?)