R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree39Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #1516
Tech Master
 
07Forester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yorkville, IL
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk1210 View Post
you don't really need too much. the upgrade packages should be out real soon so that will take care of the front bulkhead and a couple of other things if you should have that problem. When you get it together let me know and I will show you what I've figured out for setup at Leisure. Gonna do more testing this weekend.
Thanks mike, gonna give my 44.2 one last go to see if my issues are still there. If so, time to buy the xb4. I'm sure between now and then i'll have a MILLION questions.
__________________
Speed Passion USA - speedpassion.net
Team Associated Factory Team Cars
B4.2| SC10 | SC10 4X4 | T4.2 | TC 6.1 WC | RC8.2E
Xray [XB4]
Leisure Hours Raceway/RC-Raceway/Trackside/HobbyTown LITH
07Forester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #1517
Tech Apprentice
 
NateRug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bloomington Mn
Posts: 79
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth556 View Post
Get a spare set of outdrives, I broke one before I realized I need to limit uptravel on the shocks.

Once you have the upgrade kit you don't need anything. Of course different shock and diff oils are good to have for tuning. Get some spare wings too.
How much did you have to limit your up travel and was that on just the front or rear or both?
__________________
MMR Spec VTA - 17.5 Brushless, 1c Lipo
21.5 Pro-lite 1/12th scale - CRC Xi
17.5 Rubber Sedan - Xray T3 2012

Offroad : Xray XB4 - Tekin Redline 8.5 Gen2 - Tekin RS Pro
NateRug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #1518
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: arlington, va
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to scottreida
Default fix for loss of control in back on landing

I don't really know what I'm doing and want some tips. The tail of my car spins sideways when I land quite a bit. Is the typical fix for this to get a thicker oil in the rear diff...or something else? The tires were new...and what most use at the track...and they don't have the issue...
__________________
Kyosho MP9e, ST-RRe, Xray XB4
scottreida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #1519
Tech Elite
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottreida View Post
I don't really know what I'm doing and want some tips. The tail of my car spins sideways when I land quite a bit. Is the typical fix for this to get a thicker oil in the rear diff...or something else? The tires were new...and what most use at the track...and they don't have the issue...
I would try one by one putting in more rear toe, thinner oil or bigger hole piston, more droop (remove limiters and stand shocks up), and last but not the least, proper landing technique and not being too quick on the throttle.
__________________
MP9 TKI3 | ZX6 | RB6 | MBX7r Eco
aloksatoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #1520
Tech Apprentice
 
Clint161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Langley B.C.
Posts: 81
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottreida View Post
It isn't the washers. I did the same thing. You switched the left and right sides...those things shaped like a 'C'. I'll see if I can look up the part name...they look identical...but you're seeing what happens if you mix them up
Thanks alot. Too busy tonight to pull it appart, but I'll try that out tomorrow.

I looked over the car and the manual everything seems right.
They look identical and it looks like the same part number.
I don't see how it will help but I feel like a "boob" with this much change in toe when the chassis goes up and down under acceleration and braking... even while on the driving stand.
Clint161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #1521
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint161 View Post
Thanks alot. Too busy tonight to pull it appart, but I'll try that out tomorrow.

I looked over the car and the manual everything seems right.
They look identical and it looks like the same part number.
I don't see how it will help but I feel like a "boob" with this much change in toe when the chassis goes up and down under acceleration and braking... even while on the driving stand.
They are marked 9L (left) and 9R (right). Inside behind the hinge pin.
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #1522
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Malin's A-final leg 1 from the JConcepts Challenge 2012/2013 @ Mustit Raceway.

Her first final with her XB4.

After a few "hectic" first laps she settles down and gets into her rhythm

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.



Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #1523
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 462
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Malin's A-final leg 1 from the JConcepts Challenge 2012/2013 @ Mustit Raceway.

Her first final with her XB4.

After a few "hectic" first laps she settles down and gets into her rhythm

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.



Bent
So, where did she finish?
losi b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #1524
Tech Elite
 
asc6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Meridian Idaho
Posts: 3,386
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottreida View Post
The tail of my car spins sideways when I land quite a bit.
so ... you are landing ? sideways ? On power ? off power ?There are a couple spots on our track that the XB4 took some time to get right. If it's happening in the same places on the track then examine your technique and make some adjustments there. One problem was a peristyle if I landed sideways (pointed down the next straight) and gassed it as I landed it would spin, so I changed my thinking and made tiny adjustments to my driving. One thing that helped was dropping diff fluid to 5/3. Another problem was I was overjumping and landing flat and the car was rebounding and I was trying to turn so I got this sideways hop thing. That was tough, My driving was sloppy so I had to get that together. Going to 4 hole pistons with more pack helped the slap/bounce.
So look at your problem again and post up.

Hey Bentka , which car is your daughters ? does she have a nickname yet ?
__________________
"you reach the limit, you touch the limit, then you pass the limit, now there is a new limit"
Ayrton Senna
asc6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #1525
Tech Elite
 
seth556's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,201
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Try more anti squat to help with the landing. It's something I'm going to try on my XB4 but it usually helps with jumping. Also 5 or 6 hole pistons should work better if you're still running the 3-hole pistons, it's also make the car less "bouncy"
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #1526
Tech Elite
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

More antisquat won't it take away rear grip on power more? Also what are guys running with the 5-6 hole pistons for oil?
__________________
MP9 TKI3 | ZX6 | RB6 | MBX7r Eco
aloksatoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #1527
Tech Elite
 
seth556's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,201
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

More anti-squat should add grip when you hit the throttle, although it'll transfer weight forward faster so I'd recommend thickening the front oil when you do it.

I run 5x1.3 pistons and 40/32.5 oil.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #1528
Tech Elite
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth556 View Post
More anti-squat should add grip when you hit the throttle, although it'll transfer weight forward faster so I'd recommend thickening the front oil when you do it.

I run 5x1.3 pistons and 40/32.5 oil.
I am now back on my xray shocks. Tried the kyoshos but with the springs I have, could not get the ride height to 17 18mm so went back. I will try your piston suggestion now.

Has anyone tried the prog springs? I got a set of 4 now and cant wait to try them out...
__________________
MP9 TKI3 | ZX6 | RB6 | MBX7r Eco
aloksatoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #1529
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 56
Default

I've ordered an Xray XB4 today and I have a question regarding the servo.
For the retail price I get the Xray and a Savox 1251mg servo, this servo is very small and has 9kg of torque and 0.09s/60 speed @ 6V.
The BEC of the ESC gives 5.8V @ 3A so The servo has almost all his torque. Is this servo good enough for the Xray? If I don't take the servo the price drops with 40€ (50$).

I still have an ACE (thundertiger) DS1015 but the ACE is 1.5cm shorter and gives you a lot of place . So I'm doubting about taking it.
__________________
Mugen MBX7T OS Speed | Mugen MBX7 Os Speed | HB D413 | Sanwa M12
Huske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #1530
Tech Elite
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huske View Post
I've ordered an Xray XB4 today and I have a question regarding the servo.
For the retail price I get the Xray and a Savox 1251mg servo, this servo is very small and has 9kg of torque and 0.09s/60 speed @ 6V.
The BEC of the ESC gives 5.8V @ 3A so The servo has almost all his torque. Is this servo good enough for the Xray? If I don't take the servo the price drops with 40 (50$).

I still have an ACE (thundertiger) DS1015 but the ACE is 1.5cm shorter and gives you a lot of place . So I'm doubting about taking it.
I have used this servo before in RB5 without a servo saver and it stripped. In the xb4 it should be fine though just check your saver frequently and be sure it does not bind up. The torque is enough, speed is enough. Just not titanium. I like the BLS451 in my car now more than the savox 1258, it centers better.
__________________
MP9 TKI3 | ZX6 | RB6 | MBX7r Eco
aloksatoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EP buggies thread sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 3586 03-30-2016 11:53 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:57 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net