Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Nikko Turbo Panther - disassembly help >

Nikko Turbo Panther - disassembly help

Nikko Turbo Panther - disassembly help

Old 10-29-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Nikko Turbo Panther - disassembly help

guys;

i'm in no way an RC guy; i just rediscovered this car in a box of stuff i've had for years. so i put some batteries in it, drive it six feet, smack into something, and now it won't move.

i can hear/feel the motor turning, so i guess something happened in the gearbox. i started to disassemble it and found out that the rear wheels appear to be pressed on. does anyone know the correct way to get the rear end apart? do i drive the axle out from a particular side (axle exits out the right side, or axle exits out the left side), or should i try and pull the wheels off instead?

i want to get it going again, but i don't want to tear it up in the process.

thanks,

-ungarata
Old 11-12-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Rookie

I've got the same problem. I have Nikko off road DINGO (bought some 15 yrs ago) and I just want to clean the rear mechanism after kids played the car at seashore. Is there any way to turn the wheels apart after taking the engine out?
best,
Chris.

Last edited by krzkwi; 11-12-2013 at 04:19 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 11-12-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a Sears Lobo 1. The rear wheels had a press on sleeve on one side, and what lookes to be a nut on the other side, though I think it was a ress on also. I grabbed both wheels and pulled. The press on sleve came off. Now I may have just got lucky. The gear box is supposed to not be serviceable. Can you post some pics?
Old 11-12-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You need to brace the back side of the rim and drift the axle from the center of the press fit hex. Careful you don't drop the car when the axle comes out. And be careful the hex doesn't fly off across the room.
Old 07-18-2021, 03:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC
You need to brace the back side of the rim and drift the axle from the center of the press fit hex. Careful you don't drop the car when the axle comes out. And be careful the hex doesn't fly off across the room.
Can you rephrase "You need to brace the back side of the rim and drift the axle from the center of the press fit hex."? How do I "drift" it?