Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ProLite 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Brushless, rtr, with a battery. $400, is my guess which is slash ball park.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

A nice under the radar way to drop the current belt-drive. If this takes off and a demand is there, the current will go the way of the Dodo.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Guess somebody was thinking of guys like you all along , no set-ups available for your track though ...
What, you mean guys like me who buy the SC10 4x4, upgrade to the factory team version because they believe in the vehicle versus doing what seems like a lot of people are doing, going to something else, but are hoping for some setup recommendations from Ae for the track conditions we run on? So the solution is the prolite vehicle, is that what you are getting at?

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
not even close. it is brushless. it is 2.4ghz. i'd be surprised if it was any cheaper than $250. my bet is the street price will be about $325.
Assuming its close in configuration to the Thunder Tiger vehicles it appears to have parts at least based on, I think you are very close, maybe $299 - $350 range.

Looking at some more pics of vehicles from Thunder tiger versus what is on Tower's site, there is the Thunder Tiger DT12 that I can't seem to find as an actual vehicle on TT USA site, everything else though appears to be there.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAPPF&P=7

Review of it here:

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/thunder-ti...k-dt12-review/

From looking at the pics of the DT12 and some of the other larger vehicles like the XXB brushless, maybe its a combo of the two in some form to get it up to 1/10 SCT size, with AE touches where need be.

Heck, if it works and gets more people into the hobby, great.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer1812
Awesome!! AE just made it easier for newbies who still need to work on their skill set to get into a class that's notoriously over powered and crazy fast.

AE, you just gave me one more reason NOT to go back to 4x4 bus.

IMO

I'm in no way against newbies, the hobby needs them.....just not in 4x4 bus
Originally Posted by derbrylac
hhhmmmm very interesting to see a shaft driven coming back from the woodworks from ae. maybe this can be a contender with the FT parts but we shall see if it's something worthwhile to be competitive with the rest of 4x4 sc's out there
Originally Posted by CraigMBA
It has a slipper, it's going to be no bueno. This class don't need no stinking slipper.
Originally Posted by associatevalley
Entry level racer, only available rtr. Don't think we'll be trading paint with to many of them. FT version highly unlikely. I bet it wooops some slash ass though!!!
Originally Posted by Tim W.
Hey look its the 4x4 sc AE should have made from the start! Please make a FT version of this!
Originally Posted by xDIRTYx
Sadly i agree, It looks like they have given up on the belt drive. Id imagine they will see the demand for a shaft driven racer and produce a ft kit.
Originally Posted by derbrylac
I honestly like this better than the sc104x4. it might be a slipper now but I bet there's going to be a center diff or a slipperential to be an option and this truck can be a good rig to run
The Qualifier Series is Team Associated's exciting new line of sport-level products that are designed to be FUN above all else, yet are lower cost, easy to use, durable, and provide an easy way to get into the RC hobby. When great looks and high performance are combined with quality features and value pricing, it becomes the ultimate sport product.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The Qualifier Series is Team Associated's exciting new line of sport-level products that are designed to be FUN above all else, yet are lower cost, easy to use, durable, and provide an easy way to get into the RC hobby. When great looks and high performance are combined with quality features and value pricing, it becomes the ultimate sport product.
Hey don't you go dragging reality and actual facts into this conversation!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I dont think the SC10 4x4 is going anywhere , AE spent way too much money on R&D and making all those molds to abandon it so quickly . It does have a pretty big following as well .
Old 10-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

It really depends on how well the truck drive, and I would be willing to bet it drive better than the sc10 4x4 on the tracks in my area.

I for one like it. Of course this is speculation that the truck will drive well, but I now have the option of going back to AE.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

i like it. if you want, just exchange shocks with your current 4 x 4 sc10, add some sway bars and you're on the way.

you will be seeing these being raced for sure
Old 10-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

this truck is FAR from a "racing ride". don't think it's meant to be. i think this is a good move by AE. there is nothing wrong with catering to the biggest market out there (bashers).

i have doubts that this thing can be a competitive racing platform, so i'm not sure the SC10 4x4 is dead like everyone else seems to think.
+1 there is alot of haters on the SC10 4x4 since it release. I've said it a thousand times, the truck performs really well when set-up. I finish my races, while the SCT-E ball ends keep poping off and if the Durango can hold together. This platform is a inexpensive way to have newcomers in the class. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Tech Prophet

I like it ! I can see this truck out selling the SC10 4X4 its a easy platform to work on it looks like and it rolls on a drive shaft and looks like its good at large outdoor tracks. More competion in the 4x4 SC class although i can see its light and will need some weight added because a SCTE will knock it around lol.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by symmetricon
I now have the option of going back to AE.
Told you !

be right back didn't I ......
Old 10-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Prophet

this truck is FAR from a "racing ride". don't think it's meant to be. i think this is a good move by AE. there is nothing wrong with catering to the biggest market out there (bashers).

i have doubts that this thing can be a competitive racing platform, so i'm not sure the SC10 4x4 is dead like everyone else seems to think.

At a club level this truck can be competive in stock form heck i saw a stock HPI electric truggy being compeitive with guys running Associated/Durango/Losis truggys.

Its all about the driver/setup.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Told you !

be right back didn't I ......
Im not there yet, but if the truck works well, I would be happy to give it a shot.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
At a club level this truck can be competive in stock form heck i saw a stock HPI electric truggy being compeitive with guys running Associated/Durango/Losis truggys.

Its all about the driver/setup.
nobody doubts that mayfield or phend can show up to any club race and dominate with a box stock slash 4x4. that's not what i meant. by competitive racing platform, i meant that if your intention is to buy a race truck, this is not the best option. far from it. i'd rather wheel a: durango, losi, SC10 4x4, hyper, team c, nexx, etc. for a given driver with equal tuning/set up time, he SHOULD be faster with any of those over the prolite.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Nyk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I like it too!! I might jus get this for my 7 yr old and take out the servo, and shocks from his FT truck and try it. I like the platform, seems to make sense on the design. And the body kinda looks sick too..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.