Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight e vs team associated rcb.2 e vs mugen mbx6 e

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default Losi 8ight e vs team associated rcb.2 e vs mugen mbx6 e

Which of these e buggies is the best at handling,speed,jumping,durability, etc? And which one is the best all around car?
Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Austin214
Which of these e buggies is the best at handling,speed,jumping,durability, etc? And which one is the best all around car?
I've driven/raced a bunch of them. Check out my spreadsheet where I rated them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...QVld3V2c#gid=0

I've been partial to the Hot Bodies Ve8.

"Best" is really in the eye of the beholder. The major brands are all pretty good cars, but some are better for certain driving styles and track conditions. Take the Ve8, for instance. Awesome on outdoor tracks and in loose conditions. However on an indoor clay track with good grip, I prefer the Mugen ECO.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

The Mugen ECO is the best overall of the 3 you mentioned. If you can wait for the Xray Xb9E to come out, do that.

Losi
+strong, durable
+simple
-parts wear quicker
-floppy rod ends

Mugen ECO
+durable
+simple to work on
+great handling
+excellent fit finish
+low wear plastics and metals, lasts forever
-some people snap front arms from time to time.
- shock towers are goofty white carbon blingy

AE RC8
+good turn in
+cheap
-mediocre durability
-plastic wears super fast
-heavy and old feeling
-pain to work on compared to others
-time for a new design
Old 10-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Not true on the RC8 the newer RC8.2 models wear fine the RC8 first Gen yea i can see that.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I liked the 8.2e the best out of the three. I found it to be the best handling and extremely durable. Parts are cheap and easily accessible as well. Also very easy to work on - easy access to f/c/r diffs. Very clean layout and wire management. No upgrades required. Mine was bone stock. Very easy to drive and setup. Best handling car out the box imho of any car I've owned - pretty much every 1/8 electric ever made.

The mugen is the best quality of the three imho. It had the nicest plastic. and just felt like a more robust car imho. However, the front arms are weak and will break on hard impacts. Otherwise, a very solid car. Parts are expensive, but you don't need many. Very little slop. The car drove kind of lazy imho. You could push it hard and didn't get upset very easily. Seemed to lack steering.

Losi, kind of a dated and gets really sloppy. Can be a bit of an aggressive driving car. However, a ton of setup info and popular at the tracks. Extremely durable, but just feels like it is falling apart with all the slop. Fan boys will tell you the slop makes the car handle better, but it drove me insane.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
So wrong on the RC8 the newer RC8.2 models wear fine the RC8 first Gen yea i can see that.
Yes, the first rc8 was a collossal piece of stinking poo. that car would fall apart if you looked at it wrong. However, the 8.2 is an entirely different car - better plastic, alum, etc. I almost didn't buy an 8.2 because my experience with the FT rc8 was so bad, but I'd highly recommend the 8.2 to anyone.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Yes, the first rc8 was a collossal piece of stinking poo. that car would fall apart if you looked at it wrong. However, the 8.2 is an entirely different car - better plastic, alum, etc. I almost didn't buy an 8.2 because my experience with the FT rc8 was so bad, but I'd highly recommend the 8.2 to anyone.

Oh yea the first Gen RC8 was horrible everybody broke them back than just nipping something ive seen on the track.

I might get a 8.2 e next season.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Yes, the first rc8 was a collossal piece of stinking poo. that car would fall apart if you looked at it wrong...
I concur. I did NOT like the RC8.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

EB48 lol
Old 10-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I I have owned both the losi and associated in both first gen and second gen.

Losi to me felt more neutral all around in handling, not too aggressive but still felt planted, the down side is that parts wear a lot quicker than the associated.

The associated felt more aggressive to me. In the hands of a novice its kinda a handful, but has a lot of steering which is great, to me it required a lot more tuning of the chassis setup to get it to how I could throw laps consistently, but that's what was fun about it figuring out what worked. The losi required little to no tuning to run fast laps

Overall both good cars but if losi improved the wear of the parts I would of gone with another, never really had any wear issues with the associated

As a matter of fact my RC8be2 just got delivered today can't wait
Old 10-17-2012, 02:46 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default OWNED AND RACED THEM ALL!

I have owned and raced all of the cars that you are asking about. Ve8 = mediocrity. The Losi likes certain conditions, but falls short of the AE and the Mugen when it comes to being behind the leaders and having to make up time. It will let you know when you've pushed it too far...you will have to have Mayfield like skills to keep it rubber side down! The Mugen and the AE can be pushed harder, and both are more forgiving than the Losi. For me it is a coin flip between the AE and Mugen.
I'm not a hater, just giving you my educated opinion.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Saw two mugens break front arms at the track two weeks ago. Both looked to be well maintained cars. I was not too impressed. I have the older mugen and really like it and I have the current losi. I can say my losi is a tank but my mugen handles better. But as I'm just learning the losi I attribute it to set up for now.

Personally I would get a serpent if I were to buy a new buggy. I really like their on road stuff.

Bottom line get the one your local shop has parts for. The differences seem pretty minor to me. They all perform well once you get them set up,to your liking.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by OSR
I have owned and raced all of the cars that you are asking about. Ve8 = mediocrity. The Losi likes certain conditions, but falls short of the AE and the Mugen when it comes to being behind the leaders and having to make up time. It will let you know when you've pushed it too far...you will have to have Mayfield like skills to keep it rubber side down! The Mugen and the AE can be pushed harder, and both are more forgiving than the Losi. For me it is a coin flip between the AE and Mugen.
I'm not a hater, just giving you my educated opinion.
AE = Fragile. You can push that car a lot......if you like bending CVA's. That gets old real fast.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
Saw two mugens break front arms at the track two weeks ago. Both looked to be well maintained cars. I was not too impressed. I have the older mugen and really like it and I have the current losi. I can say my losi is a tank but my mugen handles better. But as I'm just learning the losi I attribute it to set up for now.

Personally I would get a serpent if I were to buy a new buggy. I really like their on road stuff.

Bottom line get the one your local shop has parts for. The differences seem pretty minor to me. They all perform well once you get them set up,to your liking.
Yes, the Mugen arms can break. That sort of comes with the territory when you try to be too lightweight. Serpent was the highest quality of all the 1/8th scales I have driven. I thought it was a work of art. Parts are extremely expensive though. You do get what you pay for.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by blade329
AE = Fragile. You can push that car a lot......if you like bending CVA's. That gets old real fast.

Reduceing the Droop helps with the bending it works i havnt bent any of my axles since than or any worse.

Balanceing the tires is the biggest help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.