Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by CalmCyclone
It's about time you ordered one! Now I know for sure I won't finish last! hehe
Bring it on.
Old 10-24-2002, 06:40 AM
Tech Initiate

I've heard people on other forums saying that their LHS will be getting the XXX-4 by tomorrow or early next week, so hopefully we will too. I can hardly wait!
Old 10-27-2002, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

So far all of us broke ours, specifically the shock towers and the front arms. (mixed emotions)
I assume everyone will be having these problems untill Losi decides to finish designing parts that are more durable, sorry to dissapoint you.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Mine isn't broke yet! hehe Then again, all the parts are still in the bags...
Old 10-30-2002, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Just built mine last night I tell ya what, those shock towers are stiff as hell, I dont know how yall got such flimsy towers Some of those guys said they could break it in half with their bare hands. I couldnt get close to bending mine
Old 10-31-2002, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

An employee at my LHS got his built and ran it yesterday .. Almost did a backflip over a triple with a 10x3. So far only a guy with a XXX-NT w/ OS. TR cleared it and omse electric Mods .. Crazy. Price is pretty cheap here too.
Old 11-02-2002, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Hey, can any of you guys who have the XXX-4 already do me a big favor? I just did a rally conversion on a XXX-S, and I bought the slipper clutch pieces for the XXX-4 so I can add them to my car; however, I've never put a slipper clutch together, and of course, buying them separately, I didn't get instructions. Any chance that one of you guys could scan and email the page or two concerning the slipper assembly so I can feel confident putting it together? Losi doesn't have this manual online yet, or I'd just get it from them.

Please email me at [email protected] to let me know... I'd really appreciate it! Check out details of my "XXX-R" at our board topic!
Old 11-02-2002, 11:59 PM
Tech Regular

????, Losi has a rally conversion kit for the xxx-s?? dang, thanx six. You have given me ideas
Old 11-03-2002, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

No kit; but check out the thread I listed above for my current experience it creating a Rally car from the XXX-S.

Todd Hodge asked for pics when I was done, too - maybe if we spur enough interest they'll make a kit.

The Rally car gets its first run (on tarmac) today...
Old 11-05-2002, 07:16 PM
Tech Rookie

xxx4 vs 1/8 scale buggy

is the xxx4 faster than an 1/8 scale buggy with a comp. engine.if so i see no reason to stick with my buggy.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Well, its just the anatomy between Nitro and eletric. Eletric usually have more low end and are quicker out of the hole, they also fly better in the air and are easier to control. Nitro however have tons more top end are known to have more push and wheel spin than an eletric, also because most nitros are heavy and center weighted the control in the air is diminished. Now, depending on what type track you have (Tight,med,large) you have your options. Tight-Eletric will be faster
Med-Both Eletric and gas would be fast but only in their areas(nitro-straights and long turns. Eletric-tight corners,jumps with little runway) and large- Nitro would rock, I have been on long tracks with lots of straights and I still have the advantage over some nitros. But usually nitros have more mid to top end and eletric have more bottom-mid range. Hope that helps
Old 11-06-2002, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

No one's gotten back to me on my request... does anyone here have :[list=1][*]A XXX-4 Buggy[*]A Scanner[*]About 3 minutes to spare[/list=1]

I just need the part of the instructions that shows you how to put together the slipper clutch. Please, someone give a guy a little help?

Thanks in advance,
Mark
Old 11-06-2002, 06:04 AM
Tech Initiate

I've got the buggy and the manual pages you seek, plus the time ... but no scanner. Sorry...
Old 11-28-2002, 06:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default XXX4 Instructions

sixandeightstri: Try:
http://www.teamlosi.com/xxx4_page/index.htm
Old 12-05-2002, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Any new news on this car? I've got one on the way and I keep hearing horror stories about broken parts.

Was this a bad run of plastic or a design flaw? What has Losi's response been so far?

d

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.