good story

Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default good story

ok, this past sunday, as i went down to my garage to get ready for a day at oc/rc, ii found that someone left a trinity traveling bag with a T4 box, (no note, nothing)
all in all i found:
XX-T (with all burnt up electronics, tires/wheels, and NO TRANNY, no body)
random T4 parts
old black widow charger
radio and reciever w/ servo
random little un-adjustable chargers
old losi buggy tires with brand new square fuzzies
brand new T4 tires and wheels
buggy grip
car smells like buggy grip (so/cal status)
its missing a few things, like a front skid plate, a few mportant screws, and last but not least, a tranny, so i put on a rpm T4 front skid plate, found stronger screws for most of the car, and modded the back end to fit in my old T4 tranny. ill bring it up to the 6th round at the jbrl and get some track time with it. Would a XXX-T body fit?
Old 07-30-2008, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

You must have a neighbor that sees you outside playing with your stuff and decided you might could make some use of his old stuff?
Old 07-30-2008, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by simply fast
ok, this past sunday, as i went down to my garage to get ready for a day at oc/rc, ii found that someone left a trinity traveling bag with a T4 box, (no note, nothing)
all in all i found:
XX-T (with all burnt up electronics, tires/wheels, and NO TRANNY, no body)
random T4 parts
old black widow charger
radio and reciever w/ servo
random little un-adjustable chargers
old losi buggy tires with brand new square fuzzies
brand new T4 tires and wheels
buggy grip
car smells like buggy grip (so/cal status)
its missing a few things, like a front skid plate, a few mportant screws, and last but not least, a tranny, so i put on a rpm T4 front skid plate, found stronger screws for most of the car, and modded the back end to fit in my old T4 tranny. ill bring it up to the 6th round at the jbrl and get some track time with it. Would a XXX-T body fit?

Your good story sound like a nightmare to me if it was my stuff i left/forgot...

Now this is what id do, go back too the track an leave a note with what u found - ask for the person if he wants it back, if he does, ask only questions the owner would know, how old some parts are mite look, same for truck, everything.. At the very least, u could ask for a $30 or so reward for finding it..

Now id jusrt give it back, but thats me.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Here's the thing, I don't know who left it in front of my garage. They obviously don't want it anymore. I wish I knew who did leave it randomly and purposely because I would see if they want it back because I fixed their car for them. And the whole car was just a mess so they really didn't care about it or want it.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtremelimits285
Your good story sound like a nightmare to me if it was my stuff i left/forgot...

Now this is what id do, go back too the track an leave a note with what u found - ask for the person if he wants it back, if he does, ask only questions the owner would know, how old some parts are mite look, same for truck, everything.. At the very least, u could ask for a $30 or so reward for finding it..

Now id jusrt give it back, but thats me.
Yo it was found in front of his garage !!! Not in a typical place to find a bunch of rc stuff LOL
Old 07-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Thats why I said it looks like someone who has seen you messing around with r/c cars and thought you could do something with the stuff. I highly doubt someone just misplaced it.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jla8874
Thats why I said it looks like someone who has seen you messing around with r/c cars and thought you could do something with the stuff. I highly doubt someone just misplaced it.
what do you mean?
i leave stuff infront of random people's garages ALL the time, i really do need to stop that. the only time it was a good thing is when i left my hyper 8 somewhere
Old 07-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

What do I mean? Go back and re-read what I said. It might be one of his NEIGHBORS, not a random person. Probably some OLD dude who was in to r/c 15-20 years ago when that stuff was new, and like I said, happened to notice this guy was in to r/c and decided to drop the stuff off there. Are you retarded or what? Why cant you understand that? Do you have a BETTER explanation as to why someone WHO'S IN TO R/C would a have a random bag of old r/c stuff dropped in front of his garage? Because if so I would REALLY like to hear it? So is it just an extraordinary coincidence?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Tech Initiate

i was being sarcastic, hahah, i agree with you 115% bro calmete. i know what your saying, i was just trying to lighten things up.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Sorry. I'm more used to idiocy than sarcasm on rctech.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

People get confused when they see your avatar.

Mmmmmmm