R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

espo,

Since out of the box, my durango dex210 has broken 1 rear shock tower, and a tranny gear box (camber mount tab). My old B4 required frequent new plastics and front arms... For durability I cannot complain about my Team Durango. Being a mod touring guy you should get a 4x4 buggy!! And Durango is without doubt #1 in my book. Also, since you drive XRAY stuff, you could wait till December ish for the new XRAY 4x4 buggy to come out..
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #17
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I don't get posts like this. Every buggy has inherent weeknesses. If you go into racing expecting to break, you're going to break. Hell, even when you don't expect it, it happens, it's racing.

My B4 is no less durable than my 22, or Cougar, or RB5. They have all been through whatever hell I've put them through and been more than forgiving. If you're racing or even bashing, and concerned about breaking, then pick whichever is best supported by your LHS. The most robust cars break, and it sucks having to wait for replacements.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Well I guess I'm manly talking more about a part or parts that always breaks directly related to a specific model vs. coming off a jump sideways at 60mph....we all know that they all will break under those conditions ........just looking to make the right move.....
Old 10-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #19
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

why, speed buggy, it's made it since the 70's and looks the same

What is the most durable buggy?-thca17m18q.jpg

Last edited by dominick i.; 10-10-2012 at 12:15 PM.
dominick i. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have drove my 22 buggy twice a week for the last 5 months or so. I have only broken a rear a-arm, snapped a ballstud and bent a turnbuckle. It is a very solid buggy. My dad also drives a 22 he crashes a lot and doesn't have much trouble. I have had a B4 and every time it broke it would be a C Hub or Rear A Arm. B4 is also a strong buggy but not like the 22.
chevmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #21
Tech Regular

So I'm hearing ...Losi best....Durango 2nd best....one for Schumacher,Tamiya and kyosho....not too much for associated ......well I'm seeing Losi will take the best beaten..
Old 10-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

One more for the 22, it's tough as nails
TLR 22-Tekin RS-Tekin 8.5-Savox- +++
Kyosho ZX5 FS2-Tekin RS Pro-Tekin 6.5-Futaba S9452 + slam loaded!
johnnytwothumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo View Post
So I'm hearing ...Losi best....Durango 2nd best....one for Schumacher,Tamiya and kyosho....not too much for associated ......well I'm seeing Losi will take the best beaten..
You mean to tell me you had to resort to a question on rctech with all the fast buggy guys at our track? Come on Espo, I'm disappointed in you.

Whichever buggy you can drive the best will be the most durable because you will crash the least. Ask a few different guys at LHR to let you wheel their buggies and see what feels the best to you. I have a sneaking suspicion you'll wind up with a Durango.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have had the dex 210 since last December and have broken virtually nothing besides the rear inner tansmission ballstud mount. I did upgrade the shock towers and steering rack to carbon fiber, and have the aluminum rear hinge pin holder. I also replaced the stock ballcups and ballstuds with the lunsford kit. The buggy is very tough.
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
You mean to tell me you had to resort to a question on rctech with all the fast buggy guys at our track? Come on Espo, I'm disappointed in you.

Whichever buggy you can drive the best will be the most durable because you will crash the least. Ask a few different guys at LHR to let you wheel their buggies and see what feels the best to you. I have a sneaking suspicion you'll wind up with a Durango.

Well Mr 5 ....What buggy do you recommend....ho wait "Durango"??....Yes i knew u would say that....well Mr 5 I was going to get the Durango at first (and still might) but when I went out to the track and watched what was goen on there I saw alot of durango's breaken....In the hands of some pretty good wheels...so I had to second guess my choice..so subsequently I reverted to RCtech to get some random reply's to my question of durability .......

p.s.
much love to u and the guys at Leisure but there is a ginormous world out there and just wanted to get some more incite........
Old 10-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Least durable, the schumachers cat sx2 and cougar sv sv2 (pretty good drive though). Kyosho rb5 in middle and most durable for me has been the durango and I hate it the most . My favourites are the cougar and the rb5.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Least durable, the schumachers cat sx2 and cougar sv sv2 (pretty good drive though). Kyosho rb5 in middle and most durable for me has been the durango and I hate it the most . My favourites are the cougar and the rb5.

What are your feelings on the Losi?
Old 10-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo View Post
What are your feelings on the Losi?
Never owned one. Drove a friends but not hard . The SCTE is tough as nails though.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #29
Tech Adept

i have crashed the daylights out of my 22, with only the common(?) left rear arm break, and a bent shock mount. sure, it's crashed out by new standards but still performs above my limits. crashes won't be the death of my 22, that will be the stripped plastic threads and the shakiest steering rack in town.
F1Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

first gen factory team b4, all carbon so don't give me any of that "soft plastic" crap, only thing i've ever broken was the tip of the front shock tower twice and a servo saver once. this car is old and i still race it alot.

tough buggy for sure.