Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
slash 4x4 motor & esc >

slash 4x4 motor & esc

slash 4x4 motor & esc

Old 09-27-2012, 03:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default slash 4x4 motor & esc

Hey guys , I have a MM Pro ESC and a Tacon 2600kv motor that I thought about installing in my slash 4x4. I was thinking about doing this because I know it would probably run cooler than the vxl and it would probably give me a little bit more power all around (I know less speed). Any thoughts?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I will just say the stock setup in the traxxas is 3500kv so this will slow you down a good all else being the same. I would assume it will run a bit cooler though, and with the lower kv you should be able to gear it up a little taller to get some of that lost speed back.

But I think what will make or break you on this will be the voltage you run, are you running NiMH, 2s, 3s, or what?

Down the road I would suggest looking for something that is either 4-Pole or in a 550 can for the slash 4x4, it will just be a better way to go in the end. Or you could get a tenshock SC401 or SC411... I have seen some big smiles on people running with tenshock setups without breaking the bank.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I run 2s almost always , on a few occasions maybe a 3s pack , but usually if I wanna show off for speed thats what my rusty is for
Old 09-27-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Not familiar with the Tacon motor but with the castle motors in the same range you will need to gear it up and volt up.

Ran the mmp/2400 combo 24/50 on 3s and topped 60mph easy. Dropped back to 2s with same gearing and youre good for a shortcourse track.

runs much cooler than the stock brushless.