Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Ballistic 550 5.5 problem >

Ballistic 550 5.5 problem

Ballistic 550 5.5 problem

Old 09-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default Ballistic 550 5.5 problem

I have a new Ballistic 5.5 that I put into a SC along with a Mamba Max Pro, spektrum reciever, glitch buster Hitec servo... the usual set of goodies.

Problem was that the truck would just power off every now and then, all the lights were off on every single item in the car.

I started the process of trying to hunt down the issue. Swapped the ESC for a spare, swapped the glitch buster, swapped the servo, the reciever, other batteries, finally the motor.

Doing them one at a time and testing seemed to land me on an issue with the motor. It is "new" but I have had it for a long time, this is the first time it was mounted after being in a parts box for almost a year.

It seems fine now on a Ballistic 4.5, but I want to get the 5.5 going.

What I need is expert opinions on what part of the motor it could be that would cause a mamba max pro to just cold power off and sit there a few minutes and then fire back up. When it ran it felt right in every way, not cogging or doing anything funny... it was all or nothing there.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Check your battery connector , sometimes the little tabs wear and lose contact after big hits ffrom jumps and bumps...
Old 09-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Check your battery connector , sometimes the little tabs wear and lose contact after big hits ffrom jumps and bumps...
Did check that. In fact tried differnt connectors as a result of swapping the battery and esc. Plus those connectors wer OK when I dropped in the other motor. Seems like it has to be tied to the 5.5 motor for some reason.