Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Help i've had enough >

Help i've had enough

Help i've had enough

Old 09-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ovalracer1m
i would re-zero or put the radio settings back to default (trims, epa's, etc) Re-setup esc and and then see how it is....
+1 go back to the beginning and rebind and reset all
Old 09-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

done, tryed to re calibrate on tekin but keeps beeping in neutral position. what does that mean?
Old 09-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Are you sure you re-zeroed your throttle trim? Also, what is your neutral point setting on the Tekin?
Old 09-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

yup trim and sub trim are zero. not sure what tekin is.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To me it sounds like the radio has lost center. The trigger might be at center but the radio is seeing something else. Maybe a bad potentiometer. Try setting a big neutral width on the tekin like at 50 or keep bumping it up till max to see if it improves. good luck. post back with a fix.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Hotbodiesd4
Gidday, its not drag break as have turned it all off. tried to re calibrate to tekin esc but wasn't picking it up in neutral position (just kept flashing) do you think it would be a faulty controller? bought it through amain so would i contact them or spektrum?
if that is the case, in Tekin, when calibrating and the led is just flashing, it means that the neutral of your TX is way above the normal for the RX, adjust the TX neutral ( Zero) then try again.

Please refer to Tekin Manual on troubleshooting Calibration Issues.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:36 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
Man it's off topic as can be, but you have just illustrated his point- what you meant to say was "your" (showing ownership), not "you're" (you are, as in being). To be honest, it bothers me as well. Not that people should be expected to be perfect, but simple usage of the English language is among the most basic things we are taught in grade school. The fact that a huge percentage of people on here (and elsewhere for that matter) absolutely fail to recognize proper usage is, well, disappointing to say the least.

Back to the OP- it sounds like if radio settings do not cure your issue, then you need to dial out some drag brake. If you're unsure of how to do this, the best bet is to hit the local track or hobby shop and see if someone can walk you through it. It's not difficult, but can be intimidating if you've never done it and is not easily something you can walk through over the forum.
Well said. I will not tolerate the breakdown of communication. The novelty of engrish.com will soon be lost due to the fact that everyone just accepts all of these syntax and word misuse errors.

Originally Posted by Hotbodiesd4
Gidday, its not drag break as have turned it all off. tried to re calibrate to tekin esc but wasn't picking it up in neutral position (just kept flashing) do you think it would be a faulty controller? bought it through amain so would i contact them or spektrum?
Once again it is brAKE not brEAK. If you tried a different transmitter and the problem went away, and when you revert to your transmitter the problem resurfaces, then it is oh so very obviously your transmitter. I mean is it REALLY that hard to understand?
Old 09-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by R.Shackleford
Well said. I will not tolerate the breakdown of communication. The novelty of engrish.com will soon be lost due to the fact that everyone just accepts all of these syntax and word misuse errors.

Once again it is brAKE not brEAK. If you tried a different transmitter and the problem went away, and when you revert to your transmitter the problem resurfaces, then it is oh so very obviously your transmitter. I mean is it REALLY that hard to understand?
Well no shit mate, no need to be a smart ass. If you were reading above i was asking HOW i could fix it. should i email amain or spektrum for a replacement?
Old 09-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

How old is the spektrum transmitter? If it falls within their warranty time frame, call amain an find ou what you need to do for getting it repaired or replaced or a refund. IMHO, Honestly if they replace it under warranty then when you get it back, sell it and buy a different brand. Like an Airtronics mx-v or mx3x, or even a Ko-propo ex5ur if you are looking for a good entry level tx. Maybe even a Futaba 3pl. (not my first choice) These are much better quality radios than spektrum and won't give you problems down the road.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

well thanks for your help guys. amain are sending me a replacement