Wiki Posts
Search

RC8E resurection.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default RC8E resurection.

Hi, in the past few months/years. i completly stoped RC. The main reason is no one was using 1/8 E in my area and i was no interested to go nitro.

I went to my local RC club to sell my left over gear to find out that they are now 10 guys who regullary race with 1/8E buggy :/

What i have left.

My RC8 with a RCDP kit with a broken B plate and suspention arms bended.

Here is a quick list of upgrade i want to finish on the car itself. I already have a few kinghead upgrade so i'll stick with them.

Team Associated Upgraded Front Shock Tower ASC89483 - Team Associated Upgraded Front Shock Tower
$23.49 $23.49

Team Associated Aluminum Rear Shock Tower (RC8.2) ASC89539 - Team Associated Aluminum Rear Shock Tower (RC8.2)
$28.49 $28.49

Team Associated Factory Team Steel Shock Standoff ASC89473 - Team Associated Factory Team Steel Shock Standoff
$9.25 $9.25

King Headz Associated RC8 Arm Mount "B" Plate KHZ-RC8-000 - King Headz Associated RC8 Arm Mount "B" Plate
$14.99 $14.99

King Headz Associated RC8 Upper Top Plate KHZ-RC8-010 - King Headz Associated RC8 Upper Top Plate
$36.99 $36.99

King Headz Associated RC8 Arm Mount A Plate KHZ-RC8-080 - King Headz Associated RC8 Arm Mount A Plate
$14.99 $14.99

King Headz Associated RC8 Arm Mount "C" Plate KHZ-RC8-090 - King Headz Associated RC8 Arm Mount "C" Plate
$14.99 $14.99

Team Associated Factory Team 38mm Big Bore Rear Shock Kit ASC89346 - Team Associated Factory Team 38mm Big Bore Rear Shock Kit
$58.99 $58.99

Team Associated Factory Team 32mm Big Bore Front Shock Kit ASC89338 - Team Associated Factory Team 32mm Big Bore Front Shock Kit
$58.99 $58.99

Do i miss anything important? Does the 32 mm bigbore work on a rc8 or it's only for truggy? if no do i need some special part to make it work?

Anyone know wherei can find aluminum arms for a rc8 factory. I did not find any webside who sell those. or any material what would be stronger then stock. That would be it for now. Thxx

Edit: now ill look into battery and charger
Old 09-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The newest version of the RC8e (the RC8.2e) is a much different car. With all the money you need to spend to get your old car going it would be much intelligent and fiscally wise to just buy a new RC8.2e. If you were really smart you would buy something else, as many purpose built e1/8th scales have been released. It is true the RC8 wins races, but that is down to who ae has driving for them. I would love to see what some of the top ae drivers could do with some of the new purpose built cars. If you do want an opinion on which car to get, I would recommend the new Tekno EB-48.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:30 AM
Tech Regular

I second the opinion in buying a new 8.2e and use your current car as spare parts. 8.2e is much easier to drive faster then rc8. The 8.2e is still a very competitive car though
Old 09-18-2012, 06:56 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ferrarieeeee
I second the opinion in buying a new 8.2e and use your current car as spare parts. 8.2e is much easier to drive faster then rc8. The 8.2e is still a very competitive car though
I know that ae has done a lot to developed the RC8.2, but to me it still looks generic. Like they copied the least innovative part of every other car. The Tekno conversions are by far and away the best solution for turning a generic car into the optimum layout. But for this guy why would he want to spend the money for a new RC8.2e, just to have to spend more money on the Tekno conversion, to make the car into what a DEX408, 811e, HB Ve8, or an EB-48 already is?