R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-14-2005, 02:20 PM   #1
Regional Moderator
Default Traxxus Top Fuel

Traxxas suggests that you should use top fuel for their engine but does evryone or anyone actually use top fuel for their traxxas engines? I first used blue thunder but the shop that carried it closed so I switched to top fuel. The shop that sales it stopped carrying it because its hard to keep in stock. And because of that the top fuel is alittle expensive to get a hold of. I plan to switch the fuel I use in my other cars but need to know for sure first. It seems alittle biased because naturally any company is going to suggest their product for their product.
nitrous36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:49 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

i dont run top fuel in my tmaxx. i use blue thunder. dont worry about it, it wont harm ur engine, but u may have to retune. i wouldn't change the nitro percentage though

Last edited by sho .21; 03-14-2005 at 07:54 PM.
sho .21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 08:12 AM   #3
Regional Moderator

Yeah Blue Thunder is good. I used to use that but then I had to switch to Top Fuel because the hobby shop that sold blue Thunder closed. And now for the last to years the other lhs stop stocking Top Fuel because it was hard to keep in stock and it was a lot for me ordering it so now after using it up I have to switch to another fuel. I was wondering if Wild Cat eliminator which is what my shop carrys is a good fuel for the Traxxas engine. I use it in my other cars with no problem. I have ran it through my Traxxas pro.15 before but I want to know if its safe to keep using it in that engine. I would love to go back to Blue Thunder but I would have to order that too and its easier to use what the hooby shop stocks. Wild Cat Elimator is 20% nitro and 14% oil content. It has everything blue thunder and top fuel has. Is that ok to use. Does anyone else use wild cat in their traxxas?
nitrous36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:53 AM   #4
Tech Rookie
Send a message via AIM to RuStLeRxRaCeR

You should use O'Donnel Fuel...I dont think top fuel is that great...Since Traxxas Makes it they have to recomond it for there products...O'Donnel has bout 30 years in expierience...So i recommend it
RuStLeRxRaCeR is offline   Reply With Quote